XPO | part timers?

paul wall

TB Lurker
Credits
im just wondering a couple of things here.
this applies only if you have part-timers at your terminal..

1. were the part timers let go before the lay off at your terminal?
-OR-
2.were the part timers let go along with the drivers?
-OR-
3. ARE THERE STILL PART TIMERS ON THE DOCK WHEN GUYS ARE SITTING AT HOME???

----------------
one thing that really bugs the **** out of me is that there are part timers on our dock doing outbound when guys on the flex that havent been called in are sitting at home. and the ones who sit at home let this go on on a daily basis.... :bicycle:

RoadRage76 said:
Part timers? Never even knew we had 'em in the company. We have 3 flex guys...those ARE our part timers.

we have 15 drivers on our flex along with 5 part timers that come in on a daily basis. only the really big class 1 terminals have em. usually terminals that do a million pounds of freight a day or more.

I'm on a flex board with PT'ers and I dont really see them as a threat. We rarely miss a day, although it does happen. If your at the top of the flex board you get called in early and usually get your 8 or more. If your at the bottom you get called in for outbound and hope for a run. I usually get 2 to 4 runs a week and part timers dont have any effect on that. If its so slow that I miss a day, then there wouldnt be a run anyway so I'd rather not work outbound for 3 hrs and be the first one called the next morning for 8 hrs. I've actually been pretty busy all summer until this week. Now if the board stops turning daily on a regular basis then I agree with you.

no pt

well, thurs and fri. no part timers!!! dock got done the same time as usual, and finally yesterday, we had a million pounds go outbound. i know it was end of month/quarter. but it sure was good to see all of us scrambling to make it to the fac's on time!!!! its the way it should be every night!!!!! :USA:

i know the part timers need to eat too. but they've got FULL TIME JOBS before they come in. sorry, but i cant justify having part timers on the dock when our guys arent getting their 8.

from what ive "heard". there will be no more part timers at our terminal. thank you very much! now, if we can only get rid of those contractors pulling OUR frieght.....