FedEx Freight | Parts River

Hugh Jass

TB Lurker
Credits
One of our drivers from FedEx Express told us that they received an e-mail yesterday. The e-mail told employees how all three companies were merging into a central parts purchasing/dispatch out of Memphis.
Parts will be shipped next day air if possible to all locations. So much for Parts Coordinators.

I don't know how we get vendors to work for us,FedEx is a pain to deal with. Now they will ship parts next day,after they spend three days going through the b.s. channels.

Express is Slowing down, So the company is looking for a way to show share holders a profit! Oh wait nevermind this is fedex freight, They step over a quarter to grab a penny!

Think of all the money we'll save laying off all the parts guys though. Joel Oleson is in charge of this for Freight. I wonder how they will handle warranty now. Just think of the mess that would create.

We used to ship the hand helds in next day Express. Then a few months ago they sent out an email tell us to start using super saver level shipping. It took the a million dollars and 1 year to figure out there was really no need to overnight them. By the FedEx told us to overnight them.

One of our drivers from FedEx Express told us that they received an e-mail yesterday. The e-mail told employees how all three companies were merging into a central parts purchasing/dispatch out of Memphis.
Parts will be shipped next day air if possible to all locations. So much for Parts Coordinators.

So after this happens we will still have no parts on hand to fix our fleet that is falling apart because we have no parts... Brilliant!!

I talked to two Parts Coordinators yesterday and they knew nothing of this project called Parts River. Seems strange that Express and Ground send out an e-mail to all employees telling them about this in great detail. FedEx Freight keeps us in the dark.

The parts deal is bad like were I work . Thinking of putting in for the mechanic job in Jacksonville fl. Need info on the shop??

We are losing both of our parts folks. They are moving on to better paying jobs. Seems like they can't do enough for our shop/region. It is too bad. They have told FXF that hey were looking for other jobs and our great company didn't take them seriously. We have no parts guys as of Monday. No two weeks just gone.