FedEx Freight | Pat Reed Retiring

v3XjGuy.jpg
This was supposed to be posted at every center on Friday, seems some centers may not have posted it...thanks for sharing.

Hoo wow, did that ever turn upside down and inside out.

Pat Reed was one of those guys I always heard good things about when talking to drivers at TOL. I'm sure he'll be missed, and he's certainly earned his retirement after all the time he put in.

Odd that he announced his retirement and then just today the appeal of the dock worker driver bargaining unit fedex kept on appealing and appealing was denied and they were ordered to the bargaining table to negotiate. Just like Bill Logue retired for "health reasons"....and the pope is Chinese.

No you don't. Do his job and you deserve his pension. This "deserving" crap has to stop. Just like McDonald's employees "deserving" $15 an hour or whatever it is.

Employees don't deserve a pension after years of dedicated service? So in your eyes they're subhuman? Pat Reed is somehow a superior being whom performs a job we're all incapable of doing and is far more important in the grand scheme of things than we are.

No you don't. Do his job and you deserve his pension. This "deserving" crap has to stop. Just like McDonald's employees "deserving" $15 an hour or whatever it is.

I understand John. We're all put here for the sole purpose to make men like Fred and Pat rich. Our lives are inferior and our families lives as well.

'Scuse me Masta fo gittin' outs o' line agin. I's won't no mo. I's know my role Masta.

I understand John. We're all put here for the sole purpose to make men like Fred and Pat rich. Our lives are inferior and our families lives as well.

'Scuse me Masta fo gittin' outs o' line agin. I's won't no mo. I's know my role Masta.

Don't give me your slave crap, and don't put words in my mouth. For the record you don't "deserve" anything thats not what this country is (or was) about. One of the reasons that pensions are having trouble is to many did retire at 58 or so then lived a lot longer than the original figures where based on. That's why a lot of unions did away with 30 and out retirement. I would like to retire at 58 and live a nice long retirement, but I'm realistic enough to understand how the world works not how I wished it worked. The upper management of your precious union companies have always had a better pension than the "working man". I don't live to make anybody rich but I fully understand that people will get rich (or at least make money) off of my back, there's nothing wrong with it. Park the truck and build a business, it's easier to cry about fairness I guess.

Who said "deserve" in that sense? You know full well I meant it's an earned pension. You put in your time you earned it. Pat didn't "park the truck" and build a business as you tell me or anyone else to do. Why is he an exception to your rules?

Who said "deserve" in that sense? You know full well I meant it's an earned pension. You put in your time you earned it. Pat didn't "park the truck" and build a business as you tell me or anyone else to do. Why is he an exception to your rules?

He's not an exception at all, park the truck and get into management then. Move to 5 or 6 different cities as an assistant terminal manager or terminal manager, just to try to make your way up. Put up with all they do, everybody thinks those jobs are easy yet I've seen many fail. There's what 1 Pat Reed per how many thousand drivers? He paid his dues and he deserves what he's earned and I would shake his hand before I would yours.