Patriots heartlessly release Tiquan Underwood on the eve of Super Bowl XLVI

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Tiquan Underwood, the guy who loved being a Patriot so much that he did that to his hair, was released by the team on Saturday, just hours before the Super Bowl.

It's callous and it's cold-blooded, but that's football, and that's Bill Belichick. I'm sure that Underwood is emotionally devastated, but that's a head coach's job. If he feels like another player might help a little more on Sunday, even if it's just for one play, then it's the coach's job to make that decision. Feelings aren't a part of it Underwood probably didn't expect this, but he's no stranger to being released, either. It's the third time the Patriots have cut him this season.

What might make it even harder on the guy is that he didn't do anything wrong...............

Patriots heartlessly release Tiquan Underwood on the eve of Super Bowl XLVI | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Thats Belichick for ya.It almost leads one to wonder if all of the story is actually being released.If it were any other coach in the NFL,I would say that's not the entire story,but with Belichick,I wouldn't doubt it.

Giants should hire him as a consultant for tomorrows game

The article said if the Pats win he would still get a ring. Is that true?
I bet he had to sign something that would silence him from talking about plays.

Does it seem cold-hearted? Yes. But it's a business guys. There is a lot at stake here. I think that there might be more to the story also because he's been cut 3 times this year.

Screw the Patriots.... I hope Brady gets driven in the dirt and is looking out of his earhole on the first play of the game

He was cut 3 times already, so I'd imagine he was on notice that he was on thin ice and used based off match ups.

Business is cut throat and winning makes everything better. Finally, really can't find a team to go for this year. I typically hate something on one side sideline more then the other.

Business???Yes,but can you think of another coach that would possibly do that to a player???Unless their was another part to the story.

Cheer up. You get to see Madonna at halftime. They dragged the wench out of retirement. Hopefully she'll be wearing more than underwear, I'd hate to lose my chili.