Paul Ryan rips IRS today.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ice Rider, Jun 20, 2014.

1. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

Maybe. But if you are going to even attempt to explain to a Liberal why he is wrong, it is going to take giving a history class. You have to explain that their party was not always like this and that they are the ones who have left the foundation. You have to prove it too them.

That is going to take some language.

For me, writing about politics is a passion. I invest much of my life in it. It started with Rescue American Jobs, then Believe in America and one the old Tea Party Forum that is gone. I see these forums as a life boat for freedom of speech, little pockets where one might find something more to read from their fellow Americans that just the short "You sir are a doo doo head". But the world wants a quick fix, fast food and to be entertained. Maybe I give Americans too much credit. But we are the only weapon we have to fight of this idea that we need to become a Top Down Oligarchy.

Is there a chance that Conservatives should up their game with it comes to communication? After all Reagan was known as "The Great Communicator" not the "Hit and run insult machine". I don't want to fight like a Liberal, I don't want to be one of those opposite carbon copy of their misguided blame and run from the fight type of guy.

But I will keep it short from now on. And if I have to refer to Woodrow Wilson and his mistake of the Federal Reserve I will back out of it knowing that no one actually cares about that. I will know that all we have left in political discourse are insults and "Us against them" and all we have to fight them off with is Sean, Rush and Beaver Cleaver.

2. Roadrunner73

Roadrunner73 Well-Known Member

Autocar, do it your own way. I'm not saying anything else. Only that I didn't see what was said as an insult, but rather a compliment. OK, I'm out of this now. Have a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. trucker jones

trucker jones Member

did you mention that woodro was also a huge racist for real?

4. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

It is ok, I can take it as a complement. It may be time to give up trying to reason with anyone from the left. If you can't make a case using history, what is left? Some how they are under the impression that the Democrat Party has always been what they are today. We have a Democrat who does not honor or regard Democracy and yet those who put him in office will not or can not see it.

I can. If I were still a Democrat I would see it. The 60's changed that party forever...not for the better.

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

You are probably correct on the "reasoning with the Left" part. But that doesn't mean that we should sit back and allow them to spew their inaccuracies, lies, and changes to history. So keep kickin' 'em.

You are spot on with your assessment of today's Democrat. Today's Democrat wouldn't make a good pimple on the old Democrat's ass.

6. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

It is like the difference between correcting a child and training a horse. The child has to understand what he has done wrong and why he has to stop doing that. A horse knows positive and negative reinforcement. You would think that a level headed Democrat could look at where his party is headed and realize that is typical of all failed political parties. GOP members might see it the some way if they would only look.

But that is expecting them to be logical.

7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

We do have that same problem with both parties. There are people that just look for the (D) or (R) and toe the party line, which I think is a huge mistake from members of both parties. I'm a Conservative not a Republican. And since there aren't many politicians who are full blown Conservative, I'm feeling like I have to support the lesser of two evils. The Left has gone so far to the left that they've become radical, so the Republicans have moved to the left because the Democrats have won some elections. In my opinion, there is nothing that a Democrat Light or a Moderate Republican has to offer because they will change their stance on an issue faster than the wind can change. To me, they're considered to be a Dem. and might as well be lumped together.

There are ways that a Conservative can appease people from both parties. And if both parties would stop toeing the party line and open their mind, they might find out that true Conservatism is the direction that this country needs to head in.