Paul Ryan rips IRS today.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ice Rider, Jun 20, 2014.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

My guess would be where you post a five paragraph post. Break it into 4 or 5 posts. Same post, more readable. Brevity is the Soul of Wit.

2. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

It is impossible to convince anyone without communication, that takes words. The easy way is to begin to convince at gunpoint and that is how the rest of the world operates. I am sure the political gunmen have no problem convincing with little to no words.

3. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

So we are comedians now? Tell me, does continuity mean anything? You are right, we live in a world where people cannot pay attention for more than a few seconds. That is why advertizing has to get you withing the first moments of the commercial.

Do you suppose our elected officials in Washington DC may be cut out of the same piece of clothe that we are? No. That is why they are taking over the world while we argue of the brevity of my posts. It is the reason they will win in the end: We have had 50 years of not paying attention to what is going on around us and now we want to go in and save the country without using too many words.

As of yet, I have not seen anyone on the left change their minds about their stance so shall we all quit wasting our time? If few words or many words either one will not convince then let's give up and admit that this is not a political discussion forum but nothing more than a pissing contest on the playground?

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I looked at it as just a little advice.....in an effort to be sure that nobody was skipping your posts. But hey, what do I know. Keep the columns coming if that's what you prefer. I'm not out anything.

5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Didn't see or say anything funny.

I guess it has somehow become a pissing contest after all. T79 said he wasn't reading your long posts. Same thing I normally get told of mine. So NF and I suggested a way to shorten them to attract the attention of the Left to get them to read them, and I end up getting a lecture? Carry on, do what you do..... :regretful:

6. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

I believe he misinterpreted your Shakespearean quote. Not everyone is as well read as we are.

7. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Actually it wasn't the length of the post why I stopped. It was the content. The constant accusations, and assumptions got old. I'd read up to the part where they became condescending or personal, then scroll on. Then the next post would chastise me for firing back insults. I just took to ignoring them altogether. How many times can you call someone stupid (I'm paraphrasing) and expect to keep their attention?

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I believe he is more well read than I, actually. Perhaps, more sensitive and stubborn? I got into it last election with virtually every RP guy, and never did understand why (since I agree with most of their views). I could say Good Morning, and tick someone off.... In this case, I should've just sat back and watched the personalities get rougher and rougher, the views more and more hardened. None of us change the other's minds. I just use this as my hobby, and debate for the fun...

I'm an Equal Opportunity Offender. At one time or another, I've ticked off every one of my friends, let alone all of my opposition!

Sidenote: Once upon a time, 5 or 6 years ago, you would point out in proper grammer it should be 'are we', not 'we are'. :LMAO:

9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

well..... did they change your mind????? :biglaugh:

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

In an ironic hilarity- as I was typing my last response, Megyn Kelly on Fox News had just cut off one of her guests as she does no matter which side with: 'I'm sorry, but we're done here. You're boring, and boring doesn't work.'. :LMAO:

11. CCXdriver

That is funny. Just as I was poised to hit send, something seemed amiss with my post. As I had a long and mentally draining day, I sent it as it were. Although, I do not believe "we are" is improper, however "are we" certainly has a better ring to it.

On the other hand, I'm not penning "Hamlet" here. Certain things need to be dumbed down for the audience.

12. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Consider raising yours first, then consider the other....

13. Northern Flash

Totally understandable. This type of challenge is stressful.

[​IMG]

:biglaugh:

And before you go off half cocked on me............have a laugh for once.............life is short.

1 person likes this.
  14. CCXdriver

That's not bad. Did you hold the crayon all by yourself? LMAO

15. Northern Flash

I don't burden myself with that type of stress. Just not interested in stress. lol

16. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

What's the title, Comrade Bear is banished to Siberia for celebrating a Christian holiday?

17. Northern Flash

Don't ask me what the title is. That's CCX's source of stress, not mine.lol

18. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

I normally dont respond to hit and run agitators.However recent polls show 74% of the population wants to get to the bottom of this bi-partisan scandal.So,by them numbers,you and your gaspump buddy are in the minority.

19. Northern Flash

You are way more diplomatic than I am. I think more like "him and his gas pump buddy are part of the brain dead, low information crowd" that we are always talking about.

20. Roadrunner73

Roadrunner73 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should take the criticism as a compliment. In my opinion, he was saying your posts are important enough that everyone should read them. That's not so bad, is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk