pay & benefits

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by z-man, Nov 4, 2010.

1. z-man

z-man New Member

Hey all, was wondering what your city driver p&d starting pay is and other benefits, such as vacations, any personal or sick time? The nearest terminal to me is looking for a driver, I have 22yrs p&d experience and 28yrs overall, got out of the sinking ship YRC on my own accord and have been running regional OTR for last 15 months. The wife is tired of my different home time/sleep time patterns & I'd like to get back into a more consistent "lifestyle" too. I know they part-time you at first but is there a ballpark time frame to getting on full time? Of course I realize business levels have a lot to do with it but leaving a full time job for a part-time in this economy is a gamble. Any info is appreciated, Thanks

2. jabba96

jabba96 New Member

i used to work for dayton freight and they are a good company to work for when i was there starting pay was around 17.80 or something like that and benefits were company paid. that was 2yrs ago so subject to change

3. jabb

jabb New Member

I work for Dayton,It is a great place to work. I am not sure what starting pay is but it takes two years to get to top scale. You get a raise every six months.You will be over 20.00 per hour after the first year. You get overtime after 40 and profit sharing.

4. loud mouth

loud mouth Member

they start at 19.00 or 19.50 now

5. loud mouth

loud mouth Member

I used to there. There ok but got fired for a gaurd rail with my trailer tires i told a superviser about it as soon as i did it but they said i tried to hide it i don't get but oh well! But i liked work there. That happened when the economy was really starting to take a down turn so figure that one out lol!

6. IslipAway

IslipAway Member

How about line haul starting pay and top out... I will be looking in the Cincinnati area soon. Thanks.

7. SickWithIt

SickWithIt Member

Hey JABB: Dayton going to expand in the near future? Have U heard any talk of it? Thkx SWI

8. jabb

jabb New Member

I have not heard about them expanding out side the area they already cover. But we are growing.

9. SickWithIt

SickWithIt Member

Growth is a good thing especially this time of year..thanks for the reply.

10. CROCKETT

CROCKETT Member

Happy turkey day

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kicking: :kicking: :wavey:

11. jkmo

jkmo New Member

I see the new St Peters, MO location is looking for a parts manager? can anyone of the Dayton guys throw a ballpark figure on what that would pay?