pay changes

If that's true I hope my president is right. There all saying we will keep are jobs. Even the guy from sysco said we're gonna keep are jobs. I'm guessing are management will be gone tho. How long after the company got bought did they let them go

About 30 trucks that go out I think maybe more. Roughly 20-25 thousand cases maybe. Sysco said there maxed out at the warehouse in the cities. They bought Apperts so they can expand and go further north.

i hope the best for all you guys. as a 13 year driver for this company, there's a part that you just don't trust. any word on when they're going to start changing the trucks over to sysco logo's etc? those are all good signs .best of luck. one of our shuttle drivers over here in ny used to drive for mn. he said they make great money-- 26 ph.

It's crazy how some Sysco opcos make more or less significantly. I finished 2012 with $111,000. I do about 5000 case a week 5 days a week with electric jack and lift gate and work about 50-55 hours. I do between $35-$45/hr on the ABC.. Here in Atlanta we have multiple guys in 6 figures and everybody averages 85-95k with 150 drivers. Even our shuttle guys do between 80-90k. Not bragging but sucks for guys at other Sysco houses making less...

Whoa nice. I hope we can get pay like that. I heard we're gonna get a significant pay increase to keep the union out. For 111,000 a year I would make myself love this job lol.

You guys deserve it. We Slave out here on these routes day in and day out. And yes the money is the motivator. If it were less, I wouldn't do it. You can bump docks for more than $1000/week. If you're touching everything you deserve every penny on the ABC.

We just got bought by sysco last month so there's changes going on. I agree. There are easier jobs out there but half of them got crappy hrs or work weeks like having to work every weekend. I ran into a sysco driver today that's been working here since 86. That's a long time doing Foodservice

hey moneyman, how is the merge going? btw, what kind if idiot co workers do you have, why would they say they would quit if you guys were union? do they not like better pay and benefits? stick it out man, keep your head down, sounds like you could gain some seniority quick since you work with idiots!

Pretty much all drivers here are anti union. They believe the union only protects lazy people and there is no need for the union no more. Some one told me that we're gonna get a big raise to keep the union out. Well sysco mn makes very good money but I doubt we will get as high as them since we're not in the twin cities. I'm 42 out of 56 drivers right now. If I never quit Apperts before I would be 17. I know of 3 guys that are in school right now so they'll be leaving in a year or 2. Another driver told me he will quit when he sees a camera in his truck.

Haven't noticed anything with the merger yet cuz it's only been a couple weeks.

Maybe GT can tell me why again we will have to become union. No one believes me. We are known as Sysco western mn. There argument is well sysco Asian foods isn't union and there owned by sysco. Idk I don't understand anything right now. I just hope it goes good.

I also found out sysco bought 100 acres behind are warehouse to expand. They want to grow are hub which could be a very good thing. Some ppl think they might try and break the union up here.

MN is a non-right to work state, Sysco MN is union, its a closed shop, you have to join the union to work there, there are ways around it, but not for long, I hope for you guys sake MN people are smart enough not to pass right to work.

I know if I went to sysco mn I would have to join. But why would are warehouse have to become union if we aren't considered sysco mn?

I know if I went to sysco mn I would have to join. But why would are warehouse have to become union if we aren't considered sysco mn?

I'm pretty sure you will be in time, the union will have an eye on things I'm sure, there are ways around this mess, it won't happen overnight for sure.

Pretty much all drivers here are anti union. They believe the union only protects lazy people and there is no need for the union no more. Some one told me that we're gonna get a big raise to keep the union out. Well sysco mn makes very good money but I doubt we will get as high as them since we're not in the twin cities. I'm 42 out of 56 drivers right now. If I never quit Apperts before I would be 17. I know of 3 guys that are in school right now so they'll be leaving in a year or 2. Another driver told me he will quit when he sees a camera in his truck.
its labor board charges if the company is stupid enough to come out and say we will give you raises to keep the union out (i doubt they are that dumb, they have lawyers that work on this stuff every day) it sounds like a break room rumor from other drivers. it wouldn't suprise me if you made the same scale as the twin cities drivers, it doesn't matter where the stairs are, they suck to go down with a wheeler!
Haven't noticed anything with the merger yet cuz it's only been a couple weeks.

Maybe GT can tell me why again we will have to become union. No one believes me. We are known as Sysco western mn. There argument is well sysco Asian foods isn't union and there owned by sysco. Idk I don't understand anything right now. I just hope it goes good.
sysco plays games with names of different branches of the company, who knows, maybe you won't be union. it depends on the language of THEIR contract in the twin cities. If it was where I am in NY, you would be union as soon as the facility you work out of started covering any of the work previously done by our facility.

I also found out sysco bought 100 acres behind are warehouse to expand. They want to grow are hub which could be a very good thing. Some ppl think they might try and break the union up here.

doubt it, us foods tried this game before, the company will jump over dollars to pick up pennies, and end up screwing themselves in the process. Good luck with everything though, it sounds like "it could" be a good thing in the end! big companies have deep pockets, just remember that!

it would depend on the language of the sysco mn contract, if they have a successorship clause in there, where if any of the work is displaced within the jurisdiction of the joint council of local unions, whatever shop they are using to displace it will automatically become union, because SYSCO already "said ok", in a legal contract.

I've heard from a couple of sysco mn drivers that we will become union. I think it has something to do with we're in there territory and I'm sure eventually we will be taking away part of there territory while they do the cities and south while we go west and

I've heard from a couple of sysco mn drivers that we will become union. I think it has something to do with we're in there territory and I'm sure eventually we will be taking away part of there territory while they do the cities and south while we go west and

Those guys know the contract, Bill knows his stuff, listen to him and the others, keep your yapper shut, your head low, and let it happen.

Money, its kinda like being locked up, if your celly wants to put his love tool in your waste hole, and he is bigger and stronger than you, its prolly gonna happen, ifin he cain't do it alone he will pay some friends to hold your ass down.

Thats kinda like the Teamsters, or any union, sometimes their bigger and stronger than the company, that is derived from contracts that are legal and binding!

GO UNION!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well GT I wouldn't know anything about being locked up. Kinda worried on how you know what it's like..... lol

You know me GT I would go union. Just this whole situation is confusing and it'll be a while yet before we know more or anything happens