Pay cut

nct09

TB Lurker
Credits
We Drivers are going to take a 5% paycut Starting Sept 1 I heard the rumor so I was in the terminal Mon and asked GW and he comfirmed it First no 1 year raise and now this

not for long just heard there going back on stops and miles no start up pay but at 55 cent a mile, makes you feel good about the 5% cut don't it :ranting2:

Why doesn't the company start paying overtime like it should to boost morale? Paying overtime accordingly, not straight time after 40,might help sooth the bitter ill after a pay cut.

the banks car co. and now trucking co.all kicking the middle class in the ***.whats a poor boy to do WORK SLOWER REMEMBER YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.THINKING OF GOING TO MEXICOFOR REAL DRIVING JOB!!!!!! lol

Wow. Less time at home by running legal and now making less per mile. They still think drivers are a dime per dozen. Glad I left. I make less money now, but glad being home everyday.

Try finding a job at 45 cpm nowadays though..not so easy.:shift:

You are so right, I have been trying since the closing of Jevic. I have been working for 40cpm at DM Bowman and it is hard to make ends meet. New Century drivers be happy at .45 because there is nothing out here.

I've been here since Jevic closed and as bad as it sucks sometimes, what are the options?
I'll just stay put until something better pops up or the economy lets loose again.:shift:

If you think it sucks now, WAIT till Harry is really gone out of the picture :nutkick: .you know as well as I do he is telling those RETARDS how to run a sucessfull company ,and it is doing ok. but wait till the end. I hope to god and pray that NC does not wind up like Jevic. i would hate to see people out of a decent job. :ranting2:

If you think it sucks now, WAIT till Harry is really gone out of the picture :nutkick: .you know as well as I do he is telling those RETARDS how to run a sucessfull company ,and it is doing ok. but wait till the end. I hope to god and pray that NC does not wind up like Jevic. i would hate to see people out of a decent job. :ranting2:

Rumor I heard was that he was getting back into running the company full time. Heard he paid off the investors, and he's going to run the company on his own now.

Just a rumor though......