Pay cuts in Springfield

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by T24bound, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Crazy Trucker

Crazy Trucker Clown Math Expert

Just make sure if you call you block your number and don't tell them your name so you can remain completely anonymous.

Dick Dastardly likes this.
  2. The Point

The Point You get it or not!

Or use a VPN and do it electronically because the "FedEx policies prohibit any form of retaliation against a person who reports in good faith any known or suspected misconduct." has failed several people I know of.

3. SwampRatt

SwampRatt Well-Known Member

Here's another one to print and leave on your managers's desk...

Never Push Loyal Employees to the Point they no longer Care!

[​IMG]

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/neve...VjIz3uQ&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=1HgYTJ9Wq7lnU1

"Employees want meaningful work, and they want autonomy in how they work. No matter how great a company’s products and/or services may be, if management is dysfunctional, that company will have serious problems. The typical 'bad boss' spends their time directing employees rather than empowering them. Micromanaging is oppressive, fosters anxiety and creates a high stress work environment. Eventually, employees will become disenchanted and quit to work for another company."

[​IMG]

4. Crazy Trucker

Crazy Trucker Clown Math Expert

Yep I think every center has at least one manager who likes to play childish games and retaliate.

5. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Well-Known Member

No retaliation, that's some downright funny stuff.

Crazy Trucker likes this.
  6. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

7. The Point

The Point You get it or not!

Yes there are plenty out there. It just happened in the last couple of weeks at my center.

8. SwampRatt

Or they make the troublesome manager WISH they would quit. Surprising, I know, but it does happen...

More likely, if you keep an eye on internal career opportunities, there will be an opening for CCM in Springfield, IF THE STATED REPORT IS TRUE AND ACCURATE. Enough complaints (verified) from drivers, customers, etc., tend to get attention. Perhaps re-education. Perhaps more, depending on the actual facts.

9. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

Or sometimes it's the "good ole boy network" that stays intact and it's the squeaky wheel(s) that get replaced...

On a unrelated note, since the merger with National in 2011 we've had 52 road drivers exit CLT for various reasons including retirement, termination, etc...I had no idea the number was that high!!

silent trucker likes this.
  10. SwampRatt

"The network" can protect, but only for so long. There always comes a point where employee morale and customer service must prevail. When the protector's position becomes at risk, the protected will be sacrificed. Just business.

Seniority, looks to be a faster moving elevator nowadays. :1036316054: A rookie can can expect to do pretty well, with the aging driver pool.How many managers have you seen come and go, over that same period?

11. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

Agreed, but when the morale of the workforce is overshowed by their willingness to take care of our customers because they believe in the company as a whole, then the local issues remain hidden from the national spotlight regardless of who speaks up, verified or not...after all, this is a numbers game and if the numbers suggest that everything is great, then everything must be great...Just business!!

The mirage you speak of is just that...an illusion. Speaking for myself, I'm right back in the same seniority spot where I was before the merger, and it only took 6.5 years!! :1036316054: The "rookies" are doing a little better than we did and with our aging driver pool, we all stand to move up...eventually. As for our management, upper and mid management has remained intact longer than any other group in the 22.5 years I've been here...and that's saying something...as for lower management (dock supervisors), that's always been, and probably will be, a revolving door.

12. silent trucker

silent trucker Well-Known Member

RR, two years ago, there was a report by the DOT, DO/Education and DO/Labor that claimed by 2022, half the truckers in america would retire. This is because of the average age of drivers, and the fact that drivers tend to leave early for physical reasons.

Our last meeting, we were told the average age of a FxF driver is 57. I like your chances of moving up fast...

ST

Redracer3136 likes this.
  13. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

So that makes you way above average, right ST??
    :17142:

14. silent trucker

silent trucker Well-Known Member

Actually, slightly under average. I'm 56.5.

Big Dave likes this.
  15. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

I'll also add that with all of the technology that's going into the trucks these days, most of your "old school" truckers will hang it up sooner rather than later. We have quite a few drivers that were planning on retiring around 65-68 but with all of the beepers, buzzers, cameras, etc, they're now saying 62 can't get here fast enough!!

We all know the "real reason" this technology is being put into our trucks and with the lack of interest from the younger generation, combined with the frustration shown from the older generation, this technology will almost certainly contribute to the ever increasing driver shortage.

Big Dave and rodedawg like this.
  16. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

2 years ago ABF was about 56 years for the road & 49 for the city. I am sure those numbers have gone up since I retired in 1-2016

17. Chickenstack

Chickenstack New Member

Yep it's true. WE got a pay cut. We faught hard when the union drive was happening to keep the union out. All that did was get the pro union centers a raise so they'd not vote yes. And now we get a pay cut. For those of you that don't understand, here goes.... 2 1/2 hours less a week which equals around $65 a week. That's $260 a month. Then how about $3100.00 a year. That still don't interest you? It affected 15 drivers so in a year that comes to $46,800! And our CCM will be compensated for the huge savings, why else would he want to destroy the good work ethics and postive mindsets? One of our city drivers is getting ready to turn in his notice and three others are seriously looking. The worst part about this is these are new drivers.
    And one last thing, we still have to do the same amount of work in a shorter time.

18. Richard Cranium

Just confirmed my suspicions about a certain person being a snot nosed kid as well as being sub par. :17142::poke:

19. Richard Cranium

Get back to me when your 10 hour day gets cut to six. Until then, use waterproof mascara so you don't embarrass yourself when you cry.

Redracer3136 and silent trucker like this.
  20. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

While this is true it's not like it's any different at a teamsters shop.