FedEx Freight | Pay cuts in Springfield

What you describe in not uncommon when leadership is failing, in over their head, or just lost.
If you are not comfortable using the chain of command to voice your concern, the FedEx alert line is a viable and effective way to address the problem. The more people call, the better. All calls are documented and followed up on. A paper trail is created. Phone or online method is available. You can find the number and/or link here:
http://investors.fedex.com/governance-and-citizenship/policies/fedex-alert-line/default.aspx

"Information you provide using the FedEx Alert Line will be promptly transmitted to the appropriate parties, which may include members of senior management and persons from any or all of the following FedEx departments: legal, security, human resources and internal audit. When you contact the FedEx Alert Line, your report will be assigned a control number that will allow you to follow up to receive an update on the matter from FedEx, if any is available, or to contribute additional information.

FedEx policies prohibit any form of retaliation against a person who reports in good faith any known or suspected misconduct."

In the meantime, you could print out something like this, and put it in your CCM's inbox.
http://approachableleadership.com/10-qualities-of-a-real-leader/ :idunno:

Just make sure if you call you block your number and don't tell them your name so you can remain completely anonymous.

Just make sure if you call you block your number and don't tell them your name so you can remain completely anonymous.
Or use a VPN and do it electronically because the "FedEx policies prohibit any form of retaliation against a person who reports in good faith any known or suspected misconduct." has failed several people I know of.

Here's another one to print and leave on your managers's desk...

Never Push Loyal Employees to the Point they no longer Care!

AAEAAQAAAAAAAA1lAAAAJGI3NmNmMDc0LTBhNDgtNDM5MS1hOTRhLWU2ZTZkODUxMTllYw.jpg

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/neve...VjIz3uQ&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=1HgYTJ9Wq7lnU1

"Employees want meaningful work, and they want autonomy in how they work. No matter how great a company’s products and/or services may be, if management is dysfunctional, that company will have serious problems. The typical 'bad boss' spends their time directing employees rather than empowering them. Micromanaging is oppressive, fosters anxiety and creates a high stress work environment. Eventually, employees will become disenchanted and quit to work for another company."

AAEAAQAAAAAAAA3RAAAAJDA1YTdmZjIxLTBjODItNDc2Zi05Zjg5LTlmYTIxNWE4ZDllMA.jpg

Or use a VPN and do it electronically because the "FedEx policies prohibit any form of retaliation against a person who reports in good faith any known or suspected misconduct." has failed several people I know of.

Yep I think every center has at least one manager who likes to play childish games and retaliate.

This author is seriously out of touch with our industry...most here don't quit, they "try" to organize..
Or they make the troublesome manager WISH they would quit. Surprising, I know, but it does happen...

More likely, if you keep an eye on internal career opportunities, there will be an opening for CCM in Springfield, IF THE STATED REPORT IS TRUE AND ACCURATE. Enough complaints (verified) from drivers, customers, etc., tend to get attention. Perhaps re-education. Perhaps more, depending on the actual facts.

Or they make the troublesome manager WISH they would quit. Surprising, I know, but it does happen...

More likely, if you keep an eye on internal career opportunities, there will be an opening for CCM in Springfield, IF THE STATED REPORT IS TRUE AND ACCURATE. Enough complaints (verified) from drivers, customers, etc., tend to get attention. Perhaps re-education. Perhaps more, depending on the actual facts.
Or sometimes it's the "good ole boy network" that stays intact and it's the squeaky wheel(s) that get replaced...

On a unrelated note, since the merger with National in 2011 we've had 52 road drivers exit CLT for various reasons including retirement, termination, etc...I had no idea the number was that high!!

Or sometimes it's the "good ole boy network" that stays intact and it's the squeaky wheel(s) that get replaced...

On a unrelated note, since the merger with National in 2011 we've had 52 road drivers exit CLT for various reasons including retirement, termination, etc...I had no idea the number was that high!!
"The network" can protect, but only for so long. There always comes a point where employee morale and customer service must prevail. When the protector's position becomes at risk, the protected will be sacrificed. Just business.

Seniority, looks to be a faster moving elevator nowadays. :1036316054: A rookie can can expect to do pretty well, with the aging driver pool.How many managers have you seen come and go, over that same period?

"The network" can protect, but only for so long. There always comes a point where employee morale and customer service must prevail. When the protector's position becomes at risk, the protected will be sacrificed. Just business.

Seniority, looks to be a faster moving elevator nowadays. :1036316054: A rookie can can expect to do pretty well, with the aging driver pool.How many managers have you seen come and go, over that same period?
Agreed, but when the morale of the workforce is overshowed by their willingness to take care of our customers because they believe in the company as a whole, then the local issues remain hidden from the national spotlight regardless of who speaks up, verified or not...after all, this is a numbers game and if the numbers suggest that everything is great, then everything must be great...Just business!!

The mirage you speak of is just that...an illusion. Speaking for myself, I'm right back in the same seniority spot where I was before the merger, and it only took 6.5 years!! :1036316054: The "rookies" are doing a little better than we did and with our aging driver pool, we all stand to move up...eventually. As for our management, upper and mid management has remained intact longer than any other group in the 22.5 years I've been here...and that's saying something...as for lower management (dock supervisors), that's always been, and probably will be, a revolving door.

Agreed, but when the morale of the workforce is overshowed by their willingness to take care of our customers because they believe in the company as a whole, then the local issues remain hidden from the national spotlight regardless of who speaks up, verified or not...after all, this is a numbers game and if the numbers suggest that everything is great, then everything must be great...Just business!!

The mirage you speak of is just that...an illusion. Speaking for myself, I'm right back in the same seniority spot where I was before the merger, and it only took 6.5 years!! :1036316054: The "rookies" are doing a little better than we did and with our aging driver pool, we all stand to move up...eventually. As for our management, upper and mid management has remained intact longer than any other group in the 22.5 years I've been here...and that's saying something...as for lower management (dock supervisors), that's always been, and probably will be, a revolving door.
RR, two years ago, there was a report by the DOT, DO/Education and DO/Labor that claimed by 2022, half the truckers in america would retire. This is because of the average age of drivers, and the fact that drivers tend to leave early for physical reasons.

Our last meeting, we were told the average age of a FxF driver is 57. I like your chances of moving up fast...

ST

RR, two years ago, there was a report by the DOT, DO/Education and DO/Labor that claimed by 2022, half the truckers in america would retire. This is because of the average age of drivers, and the fact that drivers tend to leave early for physical reasons.

Our last meeting, we were told the average age of a FxF driver is 57. I like your chances of moving up fast...

ST
I'll also add that with all of the technology that's going into the trucks these days, most of your "old school" truckers will hang it up sooner rather than later. We have quite a few drivers that were planning on retiring around 65-68 but with all of the beepers, buzzers, cameras, etc, they're now saying 62 can't get here fast enough!!

We all know the "real reason" this technology is being put into our trucks and with the lack of interest from the younger generation, combined with the frustration shown from the older generation, this technology will almost certainly contribute to the ever increasing driver shortage.

ST
2 years ago ABF was about 56 years for the road & 49 for the city. I am sure those numbers have gone up since I retired in 1-2016

I over heard some city drivers talking Friday about pay cuts in Springfield. So I poked my nose in a little and asked what it was about. They said the supervisors was calling all the city drivers Friday and changing all their start times from 9:00 to 9:30 and they will be losing money because they have to be back at the same time as always. They said every year the SCM backs up their start times for a numbers crunching gain. One driver said they used to start at 8:00 a while back. But what REALLY shocked me was they said their leaving freight EVERY day at customers because they don't have enough drivers in the city because numbers won't allow it. As a road driver I have a problem with this. If they're leaving freight now then that means starting later they will really be leaving freight. I'm going to do some more poking around today and see what else I can find out. Just curious what's happening at other centers? Or is this just our center?

Yep it's true. WE got a pay cut. We faught hard when the union drive was happening to keep the union out. All that did was get the pro union centers a raise so they'd not vote yes. And now we get a pay cut. For those of you that don't understand, here goes.... 2 1/2 hours less a week which equals around $65 a week. That's $260 a month. Then how about $3100.00 a year. That still don't interest you? It affected 15 drivers so in a year that comes to $46,800! And our CCM will be compensated for the huge savings, why else would he want to destroy the good work ethics and postive mindsets? One of our city drivers is getting ready to turn in his notice and three others are seriously looking. The worst part about this is these are new drivers.
And one last thing, we still have to do the same amount of work in a shorter time.

Yep it's true. WE got a pay cut. We faught hard when the union drive was happening to keep the union out. All that did was get the pro union centers a raise so they'd not vote yes. And now we get a pay cut. For those of you that don't understand, here goes.... 2 1/2 hours less a week which equals around $65 a week. That's $260 a month. Then how about $3100.00 a year. That still don't interest you? It affected 15 drivers so in a year that comes to $46,800! And our CCM will be compensated for the huge savings, why else would he want to destroy the good work ethics and postive mindsets? One of our city drivers is getting ready to turn in his notice and three others are seriously looking. The worst part about this is these are new drivers.
And one last thing, we still have to do the same amount of work in a shorter time.
Get back to me when your 10 hour day gets cut to six. Until then, use waterproof mascara so you don't embarrass yourself when you cry.