pay cuts

it hasn't been voted on yet. they are supposed to be mailing ballots but to my knowledge no one has received them yet

Vote for the cut!!!! He will get the money from somewhere! What’s a dam dollar stay out an extra hour or two a week! The guy is like 90 he doesn’t need this ::shit::!! Trust me go with the flow...

I didnt realize that the paycuts were authorized yet. Did I miss the vote? Then again, it is the IAM, isnt it?

speaking of which... does anyone know how that came to be? It's the International Association of MACHINISTS and AEROSPACE workers...

we aren't machinists and we aren't aerospace workers...

so I am really confused as to how that came to be:Off-Topic:

speaking of which... does anyone know how that came to be? It's the International Association of MACHINISTS and AEROSPACE workers...

we aren't machinists and we aren't aerospace workers...

so I am really confused as to how that came to be:Off-Topic:

Maybe Puff Driver will come on and explain it to you:clap::clap:

oh_noes.jpg

O.k someone asked how we became members in the IMA. Well I am with NEMF since 1987. I started in 01 later move to 68. So lets say I am here over 20 years.
One day in the spring of 1987 I was told to go down to an office in 01 & JOIN THE UNION. No one asked for this union but they were a bunch of guys from the south. We questioned them who ask them to come in. They were 3 guys who very liked by the company.
You see they it was a way to kept the teamsters out. Mike had 8 teamsters left & would not sign the master agreement. He told them he would go by the agreement. So these 8 guys got a separate check with their pension money. Well some of these guys took the money & bought new house new boats one guy got a race horse.
So in closing all I am saying I trust MS. I read what was written about him but you don't known the man. So vote yes you will get your money back.

I dont understand ur point ....ur sure ur not from the south...ok, u trust ms...great..the 20 years u put in..i bet i can guess how much of a pension ur gettn....thats right $20,000....wowzie...they love ya at nemf..good job joinin that "union"....so ur the lowest paid ltl driver and have a b.s. Pension......now i understand why u like the guy sooooomuch.its all makin sense now

O.k someone asked how we became members in the IMA. Well I am with NEMF since 1987. I started in 01 later move to 68. So lets say I am here over 20 years.
One day in the spring of 1987 I was told to go down to an office in 01 & JOIN THE UNION. No one asked for this union but they were a bunch of guys from the south. We questioned them who ask them to come in. They were 3 guys who very liked by the company.
You see they it was a way to kept the teamsters out. Mike had 8 teamsters left & would not sign the master agreement. He told them he would go by the agreement. So these 8 guys got a separate check with their pension money. Well some of these guys took the money & bought new house new boats one guy got a race horse.
So in closing all I am saying I trust MS. I read what was written about him but you don't known the man. So vote yes you will get your money back.

Let's not rewrite history buddy, there are court papers around here that tell a different story - right puff?

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/81445-post44.html

Part of a link about the mob trial that led to the machinists affiliation with NEMF.

As I recall Myron S. had another company that was organized into the Machinists Union (Apex).

After the NJ Rico trial linked him to a sweetheart deal with Anthony Provenzano and the Teamster Union (paying them off to keep them from organizing his whole company). The government decided that the teamsters could not represent NEMF. He was then able to to organize everyone under the Machinists Union.....

I dont understand ur point ....ur sure ur not from the south...ok, u trust ms...great..the 20 years u put in..i bet i can guess how much of a pension ur gettn....thats right $20,000....wowzie...they love ya at nemf..good job joinin that "union"....so ur the lowest paid ltl driver and have a b.s. Pension......now i understand why u like the guy sooooomuch.its all makin sense now

Lowest paid, not hardly.

BS pension? Maybe, compared to the teamst..... oh yeah, that one doesn't exist any more. Anything is better than nothing, which is what yrc and the teamsters are heading for.

Be gone, bitter troll.

troll..hardly.realist....yes..been there done that brother..not everyone can be a teamster and any union is better than none...so they say.i guess it got u guys something.....

ok , now tht i think... it got u to be the lowest paid with hardly a pension...as a matter of fact a non makes more... if u matched conway year for year with ur 20 years....cnw driver has a pension and is making over 23/hr

this is true... if it is so bad working for nemf there's the door ...go work for estes there hiring in ny for like 17 an hr..way less then taking a measly 5% pay cut..oh yeah they pay ot after like 55 hrs..thats great isnt it...

I need you help. I trying to count how many teamsters trucking went out in the pass 20 years since I started with NEMF. { I grew up in the late 70s& early 80s my brain is showing effects} So lets go!
PIE
HOLEMES
YALE
ST JOHN
TRANCON
PRESTON
MASKIN
MUSHROOM
RED STAR
CAROLIAN
RED STAR
NORTH PENN
PLYMOUTHROCK
OK LIKE i SAID CAN YOU THINK OF ANY OTHERS!