TForce | Pay for going to class ???????

So I guess nobody knows what goes on in the classes.

5thwheel
the class that I attended was 2 days of classroom work such as safe work practices of course safe driving practices two or three vidios on the smith sytem then on the third day it was driving in a rented 12 passenger van 3 road drivers 2 city drivers take turns driving in town for a bout an hour each practising and being tested by your insructer on the smith system there are two test that you must pass one written and the one driving hope this helps

You do not lose any money while you are in class.you get paid for being in class plus you get the differents between what you make on your run and what you make sitting in class......................

Thanks Allstar
This is what I was looking for They were paying us wrong in dal we seem to have gotten some clarification on it today---------

jdtex I don't know how to do Quotes on my posts,so I'll just refer to your post #43.

I had a week of training very simular to what you had.
But one day was observing the inbound,and outbound dock workers.
To see if they were wearing seat belts,and blowing their horns entering,and exiting the trailers they were going on.

We had a written test the last day on the smith system.
I have a very hard time with tests.
I had my wife,my church,and me all praying for me to be able to remember everything I was taught.

I got 100% thank God,than we were presented with our certicate for official UPS Freight driver trainers.

First off, welcome to the boards 5thwheel!!!

As for class, Day 1, The proper use of duct tape.
Day 2, Bailing wire fixes for beginers.
Day 3, How to open your box of reflective breakdown triangles while smoking a butt!!! :hysterical:

How many times do I have to take this class? I am an expert at this. Daily training has alot to do with it.:biglaugh:

jdtex I don't know how to do Quotes on my posts,so I'll just refer to your post #43.

I had a week of training very simular to what you had.
But one day was observing the inbound,and outbound dock workers.
To see if they were wearing seat belts,and blowing their horns entering,and exiting the trailers they were going on.

We had a written test the last day on the smith system.
I have a very hard time with tests.
I had my wife,my church,and me all praying for me to be able to remember everything I was taught.

I got 100% thank God,than we were presented with our certicate for official UPS Freight driver trainers.

Apo
the way the pay was explained to us in dal was They take your last 3 weeks and do an average so you dont LOSE money while you are taking mandatory training I didnt much like the just be happy your here other people have got it worse than you approach So some of us rddr made some phone calls and this is the way it was all along just a breakdown in communication on some level .

Now concerning the test its been a long time since Ive had to take one . Makes you a little nervous I took the material home studied it overnite and took it passed with a 91 all in all the training seemed to geared toward city driving but it was not to bad just seems to focus on making you more aware of whats going on around you .

take care
Outcast by Choice I like that
Grezzy can I use it ?

Apo
the way the pay was explained to us in dal was They take your last 3 weeks and do an average so you dont LOSE money while you are taking mandatory training I didnt much like the just be happy your here other people have got it worse than you approach So some of us rddr made some phone calls and this is the way it was all along just a breakdown in communication on some level .

Now concerning the test its been a long time since Ive had to take one . Makes you a little nervous I took the material home studied it overnite and took it passed with a 91 all in all the training seemed to geared toward city driving but it was not to bad just seems to focus on making you more aware of whats going on around you .

take care
Outcast by Choice I like that
Grezzy can I use it ?

You most certainly can, I'd be honored....And the pay that you described is exactly what they told us....And the way our office clerk is doing it to use what I do daily....For instance- my mileage and my work time plus my my average dock time....When you work it out that will make it exactly what we make per day....Anyway sorry I failed to explain it that way to begin with...Glad you got the info you needed...

What's this 3 days of training? I had Smith System but that was only a half day. I haven't heard about anything else. Of course I never hear about anything unless I read it here.

Oh yeah jdtex how we were going to get paid was one of the first things my group got squared away the first day after we arrived at the Pittsburg terminal for our training.

We also got reimbursed for our meals,and milage driving down,and back.
Because I'm a city driver they took my last three weeks pay including all of my overtime hours,and my weeks pay for traning was more than fair.

My wife,and I got a big laugh out of my TM sending me for this training.
With 43 years of city driving we thought I could teach the instructors a thing,or two.
But it turned out to be safe driving habits that wouldn't hurt all of us to learn.
Not only in the company trucks,but also in our own personal vehicles.

After my training I was given a certificate suitable for framing.

Lets see now,I wounder what I did with that?

I really think we should get cards so we can show our own personal insurance companies we took this course and get a reduction on our personal vehicle insurance bills

First of all I am not mad Iam not scared CHEIF I simply ask a quistion to which I have gotten at least 3 differt answers to from managment I thought I would ask here and got every thing but an answer no big deal Im not going anywhere I just dont post alot I read alot and bye the way Steve I remember when you started posting here so ive been here for a little while I just wanted to get an answer before the thread went offtrack like this one already has it had nothing to do with the raw deal you or anyone else got from O or U sounds like you are the one that mabe a little sensitive no harm no foul we are all in this together now like it or not .

You got three different answers from management, did you honestly think you would get less here??

When did I first start posting?

Threads go off track, everybody is guilty of it.

Not sensitive, just know which battles to pick. $150+ a week for months is worth yelpin' about.

What's this 3 days of training? I had Smith System but that was only a half day. I haven't heard about anything else. Of course I never hear about anything unless I read it here.

I find it funny that you read about something here, and a week later, sure enough, we have a memo or meeting about the same thing out here in the west.

The East is the first to know. They must truck the information to the west. If it's more than a week I guess it was because of an enroute flat or something.

You got three different answers from management, did you honestly think you would get less here??

When did I first start posting?

Threads go off track, everybody is guilty of it.

Not sensitive, just know which battles to pick. $150+ a week for months is worth yelpin' about.

I ask a very specific quistion. and did finally get what I was looking for. I was under the impression that what this board was about sharing information

The only reason I mentioned that is because you suggested I read arcives I have read it first hand .

The battle I picked was 500 dollars I dont live paycheck to paycheck but I dont have 500 to give away do you? In my book a dollar is worth yelpin a bout if someone is trying to beat you out of it unfairly.