FedEx Freight | Pay Raises

You dont have to live in Chicago , CGT gets the higher rate and you could commute from NW Indiana and make the good wage and not line there.

OK, so here's my rant.

In the meeting The TM Steve P. asked if everyone expected what we got or thought it would be more or less or nothing at all. I said I predicted the amount fairly close. There were a few who voiced their dissatisfaction with the amount.

Truth be told this year the co actually had a good reason for a low raise amount if any at all, profits and freight levels are down.

It's been in the past that the raises have been way off, like when they were posting record profits and we still got the same raise and they started charging us for insurance.

I know that I won't be disappointed in the future simply because I know we will never be paid the highest wage in the industry and therefore I don't expect it, if by some chance a miracle should occur and they should accidentally give us enough to put us ahead of the pack I think I would faint from shock.

Face it, we all make damn good money, some of the best out there, no not the top but it's as close as your gonna get working here, I'm satisfied (believe it or not, lol) that's why I'm still here, I have had opportunities to leave and as another poster said yet I'm still here, tells you something right?

So I don't want to seem like the stereotype of a manager but if your not happy with close enough then your gonna have to move on for FX will never be the top paid carrier out there.

Have a great Day folks, the glass is half full, lol.

FM

OK, so here's my rant.

In the meeting The TM Steve P. asked if everyone expected what we got or thought it would be more or less or nothing at all. I said I predicted the amount fairly close. There were a few who voiced their dissatisfaction with the amount.

Truth be told this year the co actually had a good reason for a low raise amount if any at all, profits and freight levels are down.

It's been in the past that the raises have been way off, like when they were posting record profits and we still got the same raise and they started charging us for insurance.

I know that I won't be disappointed in the future simply because I know we will never be paid the highest wage in the industry and therefore I don't expect it, if by some chance a miracle should occur and they should accidentally give us enough to put us ahead of the pack I think I would faint from shock.

Face it, we all make damn good money, some of the best out there, no not the top but it's as close as your gonna get working here, I'm satisfied (believe it or not, lol) that's why I'm still here, I have had opportunities to leave and as another poster said yet I'm still here, tells you something right?

So I don't want to seem like the stereotype of a manger but if your not happy with close enough then your gonna have to move on for FX will never be the top paid carrier out there.

FM

You are right FM, you could pay some folks 2.oo per mile and give them their choice of run and they would still complain about the rough road, its all about being happy where you are at I suppose, by the way did Stephen P let his hair go grey yet, he used to color it in TUL I guess he came in one day and had black running down his face, LOL thats what I was told anyway, I was glad to be rid of him, he is alright I guess but he liked to turn drivers against one another, he was kind of a girly man if you ask me.

OK, so here's my rant.

So I don't want to seem like the stereotype of a manger but if your not happy with close enough then your gonna have to move on for FX will never be the top paid carrier out there.

FM

I am not complaining here but stating a fact...Pat R_ _ _ stood in front of me and other drivers at HRO in a focus group meeting and stated that we ( FedEx Freight drivers) would indeed be the highest paid drivers in the industry.

I am not complaining here but stating a fact...Pat R_ _ _ stood in front of me and other drivers at HRO in a focus group meeting and stated that we ( FedEx Freight drivers) would indeed be the highest paid drivers in the industry.

Ya know, I would just be happy to work 5 days a week and let them keep the raise.

I think I have worked one 5 day week this whole bid and that was when I was filling in for a injured driver on a bump bid.

I could be happy (maybe) if I never got another raise..If they would just give me another week paid vacation each year..I would not have to retire, eventually, I would just be on vacation all year.

I could be happy (maybe) if I never got another raise..If they would just give me another week paid vacation each year..I would not have to retire, eventually, I would just be on vacation all year.

I can see your picture now in the dispatch shaking Barry's hand driva :hysterical:

I think you need to look at the entire picture, It's not just about money or benefit's but it's a combination. I would love it if we were the best compensated but if meant changing the current work atmosphere that I'm accustom to then I don't want it. I make good money, I don't kill myself making it, I have fun at work because I have a good working relationship with my fellow driver's and dock workers. Is it pefect...no, but I stop for coffee with the guy's that work at these companies that are the best compensated and they are constantly B**ching about their work environment,I don't want that.

Happy

I think you need to look at the entire picture, It's not just about money or benefit's but it's a combination. I would love it if we were the best compensated but if meant changing the current work atmosphere that I'm accustom to then I don't want it. I make good money, I don't kill myself making it, I have fun at work because I have a good working relationship with my fellow driver's and dock workers. Is it pefect...no, but I stop for coffee with the guy's that work at these companies that are the best compensated and they are constantly B**ching about their work environment,I don't want that.
yes...yes, I'm glad to see someone else that is happy with what they are doing.... and like daredevil says..lets keep doing what we are doing and let the BS ladder climbers go somewhere else....TRUCK SAFE

You are right FM, you could pay some folks 2.oo per mile and give them their choice of run and they would still complain about the rough road, its all about being happy where you are at I suppose, by the way did Stephen P let his hair go grey yet, he used to color it in TUL I guess he came in one day and had black running down his face, LOL thats what I was told anyway, I was glad to be rid of him, he is alright I guess but he liked to turn drivers against one another, he was kind of a girly man if you ask me.

I really don't hob knob with management, or many others for that matter, when I get in the only thing on my mind is getting to the house, but from what little I've have he seems ok.

Not sure he's the same person, his hair is more of a light brown I think. Mine on the other hand is definitely grey, lol.

FM

OK, so here's my rant.

FM

Familyman :1036316054:

We at West got a 2.8% raise on the hourly and also on the mileage rate. We get paid differently depending on the cost of living at the service center where one works out of.
I think that another thing folks need to take into consideration is the "total" pay package which is about 25% more than the gross income.
The 2.8% increase we got is actually a little higher than the official government posted inflation rate. Although when you have to buy gasoline for your car and food to feed your family the real inflation rate is a lot higher.
Myself I can't complain too much as a line driver I make .59 cpm with the VPEP bonus that we seem to make on a regular basis because we have a team that is pretty efficient.
:smilie_132:

It's sad when the people you look up to for leadership, look down on you and lie. They get theirs and to hell with us, could that be the reason there's no morale in this place, and people just go thru the motions, and just dont care anymore!!:hide:

Wouldn't it be interesting to see what they all made? I know Big Fred makes 4 million, and as 15Million shares of stock, but hey.. He founded the company. There are a plenty of millionaires within our management ranks. As others have said, they'll always get theirs. I guess we are dumb truck drivers afterall.

You can see on FedEx's website what all of the high level managers are compensated. It is a publicly traded company so it is required by law that all financial information be disclosed. :chairshot: