Estes | Pay raises

mildew

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
I've been hearing our next increase is going to be the bar setter for the entire truck driving industry. The other guys are going to have to play catch up. I know fredex and upsf are the top at .60 a mile. We must be getting a .08 cent or higher increase but we have to wait til years end

I've been hearing our next increase is going to be the bar setter for the entire truck driving industry. The other guys are going to have to play catch up. I know fredex and upsf are the top at .60 a mile. We must be getting a .08 cent or higher increase but we have to wait til years end

That's a good one......I hope I have to come back and take this one back, but I just don't see it...But I will take it back,if it comes to be...

Put down the glass and back away, don't drink anymore of the (Estes Kool-Aid) it is starting to effect your train of thought!!

estes, has far has i know has never given more than 2 cents an hour and that was only because #029 was having labor problems. that is also there year trucks were turned up. other than that year it's always been 1 cent or none at all. i'll have to see this one to believe it. good luck.

estes, has far has i know has never given more than 2 cents an hour and that was only because #029 was having labor problems. that is also there year trucks were turned up. other than that year it's always been 1 cent or none at all. i'll have to see this one to believe it. good luck.

2 cents per mile,true....If I remember, that took place in 2000...But.."The Dew" has his inside people...I don't doubt what he's reporting, I just think it's a little steep right now for Estes to go so much...Especially if we go back to the 10 hour rule and Estes has to do more hiring to redistribute the freight and possibly reopen hubs that were closed...2 or 3 cents,I could see,but not 7 cents...

Hell, thats four dollars an hour for us city guys. Forgot to mention that we're dropping medical thanks to the O'bama plan and you're now on your own to get it. LOL

UPSF pays .6163 per mile. And that is nation wide. Same pay no matter what the cost of living is in your area. $24.40 per hour, with overtime after 8 and after 40. Again, same pay scale nation wide. TE out....

UPSF pays .6163 per mile. And that is nation wide. Same pay no matter what the cost of living is in your area. $24.40 per hour, with overtime after 8 and after 40. Again, same pay scale nation wide. TE out....
Looks good. We used to run neck and neck with the big boys in this buisness, now everyone is leaving us in the dust. Its time to downsize the yact and spread the wealth. Some of the cheap freight haulin truckload outfits caught up with us and they buy new ::shit::. Even Yrc got some back. Id be happy with a nickle and I don't think that would break the bank since we don't get paid for anything else and have to bunkroom it sometimes. I like my job but hearing all this "be glad your working" is getting old

Also the other big 4 ltl's UPSGF,ABF YRC,Con. are doing a 7% increase on rates expect for already signed contracts. i heard our game plan is to hold out and pick up whomever jumps ship. dont know what to think is better vulume worth it? anyway maybe we will get a lil busy it been slow for most of us over my way>....

Also the other big 4 ltl's UPSGF,ABF YRC,Con. are doing a 7% increase on rates expect for already signed contracts. i heard our game plan is to hold out and pick up whomever jumps ship. dont know what to think is better vulume worth it? anyway maybe we will get a lil busy it been slow for most of us over my way>....
If a driver is getting .6163 and over $24 an hour to fuel, break down, hook sets, plus pay $4 for fuel and $300 a tire.. you bet your last dollar they charge a good penny to haul their freight. I would guess the same customers would break or not resign if they found a way to save money getting the freight from point A to B. I know I would.

Seriously. The linehaul backbone comes from the city ::shit:: being brought in every day. If they would base the length of the linehaul run on the amount of work the city drivers does, we would all be making minimun wage

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously. The linehaul backbone comes from the city ::shit:: being brought in every day. If they would base the length of the linehaul run on the amount of work thecity drivers does, we would all bne making minimun wage

Back to the subject here..How does Estes propose on carrying this out? Do they realize they may have some of us "old guys" pull a muscle when we get this wonderful news? Just sayin'....

Back to the subject here..How does Estes propose on carrying this out? Do they realize they may have some of us "old guys" pull a muscle when we get this wonderful news? Just sayin'....
It' s just news right now but they can afforrd it. They've been taking it and enjoying it.

I would say all the freight rates are pretty much even. You may have a variation here and there but not to much. Haven't you noticed when one company announces a rate hike every other company anounces the same rate hike? Why do you think that is? If companies like fed ex, UPS freight, abf, etc. were charging that much more don't you think they'd have been gone awhile ago? Also think about this. Rob Estes could afford to pay what everyone else is he just GREEDY and doesn't want to. He didn't become one of the ten richest people in Virginia by not being.

Where at .61 and we get a penny raise every 6 monthes... we will be @ .67 in 3 years.. and 26.00 something an hour...
After the gubment shutdown, ya'all will be getting all the postal service packages too. It's time to buy stock at Buster Brown. I hope ya'all get $.80 a mile and $50 bucks an hour so these other companies will get their heads out of their asses. Neadless to say. It's still hard to bring home a lot of money regardless of the gross wage in the middle class world. I see 1000's of $500,000 plus homes around my neck of the woods and I don't see any truck drivers living in them.