Estes | Pay raises

I would say all the freight rates are pretty much even. You may have a variation here and there but not to much. Haven't you noticed when one company announces a rate hike every other company anounces the same rate hike? Why do you think that is? If companies like fed ex, UPS freight, abf, etc. were charging that much more don't you think they'd have been gone awhile ago? Also think about this. Rob Estes could afford to pay what everyone else is he just GREEDY and doesn't want to. He didn't become one of the ten richest people in Virginia by not being.
I think his hand are tied with the others giving. we're looong overdue

After the gubment shutdown, ya'all will be getting all the postal service packages too. It's time to buy stock at Buster Brown. I hope ya'all get $.80 a mile and $50 bucks an hour so these other companies will get their heads out of their asses. Neadless to say. It's still hard to bring home a lot of money regardless of the gross wage in the middle class world. I see 1000's of $500,000 plus homes around my neck of the woods and I don't see any truck drivers living in them.
I here that.... Its definitely hard when almost half of your paycheck goes to taxes.... And on the other side when is enough enough....

I here that.... Its definitely hard when almost half of your paycheck goes to taxes.... And on the other side when is enough enough....
Well, as you may know it has already been passed in DC that ALL of our TAXES will be going up effective 1/1/12. { State & Federal } That means roughly $75.00 to $100.00 more each week taken from our pay checks. AND do you honestly think that MR. BIG-E is going to give us a raise to help make up the differance? NOTTTTTT. We will be DAMN LUCKY to see mabe $.25 to $.30 & no more. He still owes us 1 PC Day & 2 Holidays. You all can thank him when you crawl your ugly asses up in those ::shit:: trucks that he bought pulling one of those brand new trailer that he so called bought with our pay raises from the last 2 yrs.

Well, as you may know it has already been passed in DC that ALL of our TAXES will be going up effective 1/1/12. { State & Federal } That means roughly $75.00 to $100.00 more each week taken from our pay checks. AND do you honestly think that MR. BIG-E is going to give us a raise to help make up the differance? NOTTTTTT. We will be DAMN LUCKY to see mabe $.25 to $.30 & no more. He still owes us 1 PC Day & 2 Holidays. You all can thank him when you crawl your ugly asses up in those ::shit:: trucks that he bought pulling one of those brand new trailer that he so called bought with our pay raises from the last 2 yrs.

So are you saying I have to give back the new truck and the new trailer.....Crap, I knew there was a catch...

.... yea! No kiddin. He and I are one the same wave lenghth so I thought the paste and post was appropriate

If you take the frt that jumps ship because of Frt rates you will be taking the cheap UNPROFITABLE FRT There goes your raise!

I must have fell asleep at the switch.... Thanks for enlighten me... What a deal!!!!!

I used to drive a ::shit:: truck and still drive a ::shit:: truck. I watched plenty of guys under me get a new truck while I've been stuck driving my ::shit:: truck. We have a guy that's been with the company for 18 years and he drives a ::shit:: truck with chrome caps. All this ::shit:: truck ::shit:: talk just makes me wanna ::shit::.

I used to drive a ::shit:: truck and still drive a ::shit:: truck. I watched plenty of guys under me get a new truck while I've been stuck driving my ::shit:: truck. We have a guy that's been with the company for 18 years and he drives a ::shit:: truck with chrome caps. All this ::shit:: truck ::shit:: talk just makes me wanna ::shit::.

Are you full of crap? LOL...:)

I guess if we ran our own company, we would see things differently....But this crap is getting rediculous.....It's like they don't give a crap about us anymore..We are expendable....

Don't forget,we just had an increase too...We may have freight jumping ship too...No freight company, that wants to survive, will refuse to pick up the freight..."Not taking it" is not an option...