Estes | Pay raises

Don't forget,we just had an increase too...We may have freight jumping ship too...No freight company, that wants to survive, will refuse to pick up the freight..."Not taking it" is not an option...
We just lost a decent account at the Choo choo (038) some company decided they would haul their junk for free. We have all those boys looking like a blood hound waiting 3 hours for a dolly number on our over crowded benches now.

FYI - at my FredEx Freight terminal topout is .5702 and 22.35. I know some of our facilities are over .60, most are less...

FYI - at my FredEx Freight terminal topout is .5702 and 22.35. I know some of our facilities are over .60, most are less...
Priciate it. We have a driver that just started with us that was fired from your outfit. He said he was making $90k just fiddling with a 400 mile turn at .60 cents a mile. I never knew how much ya all were getting. I just know we are past due for ours so I've started paying more attention now. I would hope Mr Rob wouldn't let us get too far behind his competition.

Now this is some real funny ::shit::. I think ALL OF YOU need to put that glass down & back away. That damn STUPID JUICE your drinking is making you see & think ::shit:: that aint never going to come true. Do you honestly think that MR. BIG-E really gives a ::shit:: about me or you? HELL NO. For those of you that cant see the BIG PICTURE,He <MR.BIG-E> wants to STARVE all of his high paying drivers out the door so he can bring in much LOWER paying drivers. Its all ready happening here in the Midwest, so the rest of you better keep 1 eye on the road & the other on your back or you'll be the next one.
Put down the glass and back away, don't drink anymore of the (Estes Kool-Aid) it is starting to effect your train of thought!!

Now this is some real funny ::shit::. I think ALL OF YOU need to put that glass down & back away. That damn STUPID JUICE your drinking is making you see & think ::shit:: that aint never going to come true. Do you honestly think that MR. BIG-E really gives a ::shit:: about me or you? HELL NO. For those of you that cant see the BIG PICTURE,He <MR.BIG-E> wants to STARVE all of his high paying drivers out the door so he can bring in much LOWER paying drivers. Its all ready happening here in the Midwest, so the rest of you better keep 1 eye on the road & the other on your back or you'll be the next one.
those new guys been #@!*'n a lot ::shit:: up on our side. I don't think the nickle is making that big of deal. Even though they save about $14k for each new dude that replaces an old crusty retiree with 4 weeks vacation

14k plus 1200 per week for vaca, pretty good chunk of change when u multiply by even 50-100 drivers

14k plus 1200 per week for vaca, pretty good chunk of change when u multiply by even 50-100 drivers
Yea, I already figured that in. I don't know what the start pay is but I figured on a $200 average then subtracted the hiring fee. Ya all are right. They save $1000's with these new guys. A lot of our guys have been getting 3 days off for doing stupid ::shit::. Can't trust the manifest. Look a the bills.

those new guys been #@!*'n a lot ::shit:: up on our side. I don't think the nickle is making that big of deal. Even though they save about $14k for each new dude that replaces an old crusty retiree with 4 weeks vacation

Hey,hey...Watch the "crusty" remark, young blood.....LOL....

Yea, I already figured that in. I don't know what the start pay is but I figured on a $200 average then subtracted the hiring fee. Ya all are right. They save $1000's with these new guys. A lot of our guys have been getting 3 days off for doing stupid ::shit::. Can't trust the manifest. Look a the bills.

definately a C.Y.A. situation around here anymore. Traveling bill packets are like a box of candy anymore... you're gonna get a surprise, just a matter of when, and what is involved

HO,HO......Well now, you would'nt be one of those CRUSTY OL' GEASARDS THATS SITTING AROUND THE BAR WAITING ON THE LAST CALL FOR JERITAL now would you? LOL

Nope.. But I'm not crusty yet either, according to the wife,for your info...And it's "Geritol" not "Jerital"...You will find it right next to the Exlax,on your grocers shelf....Or if you live in Florida, you will find it at the check-out counter....

mildew said:
Priciate it. We have a driver that just started with us that was fired from your outfit. He said he was making $90k just fiddling with a 400 mile turn at .60 cents a mile. I never knew how much ya all were getting. I just know we are past due for ours so I've started paying more attention now. I would hope Mr Rob wouldn't let us get too far behind his competition.

1600 miles and drops hooks and fuel And dock time you will gross over 1300. Still got less than two years to top pay. Getting paid for everything has it benefits. Just saying.

1600 miles and drops hooks and fuel And dock time you will gross over 1300. Still got less than two years to top pay. Getting paid for everything has it benefits. Just saying.

I met Rob and Junior in ATL once...Junior made a statement to us, that I thought was very sincere...He said,"Mr. Estes(At the time he was referring to Mr.Robey) doesn't want you doing anything for free,on or off the clock..You WILL be paid for the work you do"...If Estes would just do that, you would have a lot happier driver....Pay the driver for what he does...Glad to see you are liking it over there bud...

We have times that it gets real slow and sometimes I tell them I don't mind waiting if you all have something coming through later. Many times they (dispatch) tells me we do have a looong hook coming through that they will gladly set me up on but go getcha some breakfast because it will be a while. I know I'm not making $20 an hour for waiting but I'm also getting well over $300 for waiting on the load. If they paid me to wait, I would bet 3 paychecks I would have been sent empty to the house and stayed there for a while. I think making $1700 and giving up 5 hours is better than being paid for everything you do and losing $700 a week. It works both ways but I'm making plenty of money doing things they way it works for me. Just say'n

Nope.. But I'm not crusty yet either, according to the wife,for your info...And it's "Geritol" not "Jerital"...You will find it right next to the Exlax,on your grocers shelf....Or if you live in Florida, you will find it at the check-out counter....
I know a dude named "Baldy" from 010. He's been here forever. If you look up crusty in the Websters, his pic would be next to it. :biglaugh: .... he's been drawing SS for 7 years.

I know a dude named "Baldy" from 010. He's been here forever. If you look up crusty in the Websters, his pic would be next to it. :biglaugh: .... he's been drawing SS for 7 years.

Yep....I know Baldie....I will tell ya one thing, don't know another guy his age as stout as he is...He is strong as an ox....Still water skis and all that stuff..

Yep....I know Baldie....I will tell ya one thing, don't know another guy his age as stout as he is...He is strong as an ox....Still water skis and all that stuff..
You got that ::shit:: right. He's a lot of fun to hang out with. We used to run around in Tampa when he had that schedule. He was a chick magnet. he knew all those pretty women and whistled at the ones he didn't know lol

I'm a chick magnet Mildew, fat chicks love me, IDK why, for the life of me I can't figure it out, I'm 5'9" and 180lbs, why they want me I will never know, soooo if any of you Big E guys like the big girls, just hang out with me, I will take her skinny ugly friend...hopefully...

i think one penny is what we will be seeing. That is if the wrecks go down. If you listen to the video its a wait and see deal before we get a deal. But company wide there have been an increasing accident rate that is going to hurt us in the long run. Over at Indy you should see the Hub guys and there driving skills getting to the place. Looks like indy 500 coming down I65 with all lanes estes trucks. They will come down there in all three lanes and race to the exit and not worrying who there going to cut off at the exit. The people of Greenwood In would like to see us pack up and move back out. You use to not hear to much on the Radio about estes what you did hear is about Fed Ex but now there talking about some of our crazy drivers. Not good to get a bad image.. Maybe one cent not much more.

I thought I heard him say, "substantial raise." I already counted my chickens before they hatched. I'm buying a great big hdtv with all the bells and whistles for football season