Estes | Pay raises

you may be right. I will watch it again,but I think its not going to be that great with all these accidents taken place. We at 064 have witness the saftey man showing up unannounced and now are watching the trucks on the yards with the 5 mph speed limit. They are cracking down slowly and some rules that are now going to be followed. I watch some of our drivers and wounder. Any way should be a good new year if things work out. I still love my job.....

Lets not panic. Ok panic no more raise till the lifer is gone and replaced with a greenhorn. I do pretty good just watch the t's and the i's make sure there cross. Time for work.

Nothing is ever carved in stone here. It's always a waiting game. I doubt he will sell himself short. I'm not going to be upset ether way but I do think he can throw a few pennies our way without having to settle for "great value" tennis shoes. Btw, welcome to the boards Beachboy

Lets not panic. Ok panic no more raise till the lifer is gone and replaced with a greenhorn. I do pretty good just watch the t's and the i's make sure there cross. Time for work.

Talking to the district hr manager, that is what he was saying, cross your t's and dot your i's cuz the amount of your raise is going to hinge on how well you do your job.

Talking to the district hr manager, that is what he was saying, cross your t's and dot your i's cuz the amount of your raise is going to hinge on how well you do your job.

Yeah...Cross your legs and tighten your butt cheeks too...LOL.....

Some terminals operate at 5% under cost give or take a few and some lose 5%. If they get a company wide 3% or more we will get a decent increase, if not, oh well. Any rumors of any raise will be just a rumor because Rob don't know yet.

Sorry Mildew, I hate to be the Barrior of BAD NEWS, but I wouldn't rush right out & get that fancy TV just yet. What I seen in the vidio was a worried man looking for help from his employes to qiut f#$%ing up his equipment & destroying his freight. I have a sneaky feeling that the union is somehow involved in this, with us not getting our raises now for 3 years. I hope I'm wrong but I dont see us getting NO SUBSTANTIAL RAISE, if anything it will only be maybe $.50 for P&D, & 1 cent for road drivers, if we are LUCKY.
I thought I heard him say, "substantial raise." I already counted my chickens before they hatched. I'm buying a great big hdtv with all the bells and whistles for football season

Good Lord Stark, I wasn't paying attention, day dreaming actually and scrolled down and saw your new avatar and to be honest it startled me..oh hell..I ::shit:: my pants ok....

That's my hunting partner....Haven't had to fire a shot yet...The deer just fall down...I guess they sh!t their pants too..Happy Hunting....

Yeah...Cross your legs and tighten your butt cheeks too...LOL.....
Some guys may need to, lol. One thin for sure, there seems to be alot of gray area left to be desired. Rob says depending on the economy and opperating ratio, nothing stated on any kind of amount. Hr guy tells me about the merit part of it, gonna base some on your attendence.One thing I see for sure is some are gonna be happy with possible raises, while others are gonna be pizzed off by not recieving much of one. Gonna create alot of turmoil any way one looks at it, as if they like you, you get a raise, if they don't, oh well. Maybe this way would get a few to pull there head out there -ss, and start doing there jobs as they are intended to be done

They talked about an individual production raise before and we all got the same across the board. If we did get it by what we do, => I would make more money than everyone. :hide:

Some guys may need to, lol. One thin for sure, there seems to be alot of gray area left to be desired. Rob says depending on the economy and opperating ratio, nothing stated on any kind of amount. Hr guy tells me about the merit part of it, gonna base some on your attendence.One thing I see for sure is some are gonna be happy with possible raises, while others are gonna be pizzed off by not recieving much of one. Gonna create alot of turmoil any way one looks at it, as if they like you, you get a raise, if they don't, oh well. Maybe this way would get a few to pull there head out there -ss, and start doing there jobs as they are intended to be done

He should run for Congress...Just use the DVD as his political platform...

ESTES FAMILY
Richmond. Robey W. Estes Jr., 56, is the third-generation of his family to serve as president of Estes Express Lines, one of the largest family-owned, less-than-truckload (LTL) companies in the nation. Several relatives work at the company, including daughter Carrie Estes Johnstone, son Webb Estes and cousins Billy and Steve Hupp. The Estes wealth is spread among five family groups of about 30 people. See full profile on page 16.
Net worth: $300 million+
Confidence: C

Virginia Business - News: The Virginia 100

I detect a note of sarcasim Stark, that worries me.

Maybe a little..But I wouldn't be ME without it...I'm just proud as punch to be here,damn it...I've seen this company, make a total 360 and come out looking pretty good...I had my doubts at first, but we're doin' OK.. Does that make things all better now..Wouldn't want you guys to be upset with me,ya know....Now...Go fly a kite....

I like flying kites, it reminds me of the 2nd or 3rd box on a really windy day, commonly refered to as a kite, the back trailer can move around in a wind event, I'm not a big fan of the wind or rain, I am a big fan of Estes though!