Estes | Pay raises

Nobody feels threatened by the teamsters anymore.
just let management get wind of some terminal signing cards and you'll see how much of a threat they think there is. I'm sure they haven't released their union busting attorneys from their retainer quite yet. Remember that 2 out of 3 of the union cos.are still doing quite well and seem to have 2 of the biggest nons in their sights and both of them are in defensive mode so someone seems to think that there is still a threat.

Had a freind of mine went through JAX the other night and heard some guys talking about the Teamsters paying Estes a visit after the first of the year...Maybe they know we are changing insurance companies...LOL..

Had a freind of mine went through JAX the other night and heard some guys talking about the Teamsters paying Estes a visit after the first of the year...Maybe they know we are changing insurance companies...LOL..
There are alot of benefits, but I don't know if it would be worth the hassle to try and organize a long time non union company, I wouldn't want to be involved, I'm just not that passionate about much of anything.

There are alot of benefits, but I don't know if it would be worth the hassle to try and organize a long time non union company, I wouldn't want to be involved, I'm just not that passionate about much of anything.

One thing is for sure, I don't think a long time non union company,IF the workers voted it in, would agree to a white paper contract...It would have to be something solid...No pencils involved...

One thing is for sure, I don't think a long time non union company,IF the workers voted it in, would agree to a white paper contract...It would have to be something solid...No pencils involved...
read the UPS Freight contract. Not on white paper. They used swiss cheese.

I hope Jax don't do anything stupid. That terminal has made me bunches of money. It's nearly a $350 10 hour turn, all big road. I hate to lose it.

I hope Jax don't do anything stupid. That terminal has made me bunches of money. It's nearly a $350 10 hour turn, all big road. I hate to lose it.
I doubt you have anything to worry about Mildew, its all talk, same BS thats going on over @ fedex...all talk, no action, no one wants to lose a great job, and if you are marked as an instigator, thats exactly what will happen, no worries Bro.

I hope not Gt. Some of that just talk turned into something more at other places and 20 year 80+ grand drivers found themselves on street corners with need help signs and a cute little puppy sitting next to them

I hope not Gt. Some of that just talk turned into something more at other places and 20 year 80+ grand drivers found themselves on street corners with need help signs and a cute little puppy sitting next to them
Its really not worth it these days Bro, if ya want to be union, hire on with a union company, don't try and turn something that has been working well into something that won't work at all.

Something like mixing Clorox with windex here. We have a system that don't make everyone happy but it keeps most happy. Even the unhappy don't quit.

Something like mixing Clorox with windex here. We have a system that don't make everyone happy but it keeps most happy. Even the unhappy don't quit.
If the unhappy don't quit, they are the most dangorous, providing they are truely unhappy, a guy can be unhappy yet not really unhappy at all, just not happy with certian things.

I'm not unhappy at Sysco but I am unhappy with a few things going down around here....how many times did I say unhappy? LOL!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the unhappy don't quit, they are the most dangorous, providing they are truely unhappy, a guy can be unhappy yet not really unhappy at all, just not happy with certian things.

I'm not unhappy at Sysco but I am unhappy with a few things going down around here....how many times did I say unhappy? LOL!!!!!
You've been looking our way for a while. If I were you and I know you make great money over there but I know you would rather have the extraboard seat over here. It's easier work plus we have 70 plus year old drivers running the road here. Sure retirement is great but how many people can actually say they are happy being retired making peanuts. Soon you will be running down the highway with a beautiful yellow truck with chrome caps and chains wondering if the fun will ever end. Lol