R&L | pay rate

whatever the high rate is......that is what i was told, and it will be done in 2 years, and i do believe its the $23/24 per hour scale..........your company is not a union shop. when i worked for a union shop, new hires could not make "top pay" till the next contract go around. it was always to the discretion of the TM, to either advance an employee's pay or hold it at the rate per year. in other words, i got my 2¢ pay raise BEFORE the contract said i could, i went above the lead driver in pay, not in seniority. i had told my TM at the time i was "looking" and he gave me the raise, so i stayed.

the TM i interviewed with, had told me a few things were not working out, the company could not find qualified drivers, so things were changed. you WILL be getting back your 3 personal days soon he said. which if i get hired on, i'll have them as well.
what union shop did you work at? what terminal are you interviewing for in the northeast?

Guys(& Gals), take a deep breath.
First off pro1's rep. here in truckingboards is a VERY good one, why would he make up crap, he is not one to stir up a pot,,, atleast until provoked. ;)
Secondly,,, and I know this is a hard one after the last few years,,, What if he is correct? You all might actually have SOMETHING to look foreward to...
Third,,, yes everyone knows your TM will outright lie to you,, to keep you in the dark and to protecting his own skin,, But why lie to potential new hire,, it's not good to start a business relationship under those terms. Many TM's have been burned for such actions,as it opens up the lawsuit doors real quick.

Well,I dont know about very good but he certainly has a rep.As for what they tell him or anyone else all I know is what has been the standard for the last 7 years.Top rate was reached after 5 years.As for what they may give back that is still to be seen.

You fill an application out. You get hired. You get paid. Now you go to TB and trash company? Why so many crying about the wage. I don't recall a shotgun to no one each morning ? You came to RL ? I don't think they force you to work each day as a hostage. Every job has it's up's & downs. Come on the negative ones ? if you don't like your deal, why throw mud.....sitting behind your keyboard, in your rented apartment.

You fill an application out. You get hired. You get paid. Now you go to TB and trash company? Why so many crying about the wage. I don't recall a shotgun to no one each morning ? You came to RL ? I don't think they force you to work each day as a hostage. Every job has it's up's & downs. Come on the negative ones ? if you don't like your deal, why throw mud.....sitting behind your keyboard, in your rented apartment.

wtf are you to rip other people who have a problem with the way the company is going? nobody is saying they want the company to close. we all work hard and want what is rightfully ours. nobody with a brain is asking for anything other than what THE COMPANY PROMISED US WHEN WE WERE HIRED. who asked you?
what an enlightened post that was. how about climbing down from your soap box for a little bit?
heres an idea, worry about what big cheese is doing, and dont worry about this thread.....sitting behind your keyboard in your rented room.:butt kiss: :soapbox: :::shit:::

wtf are you to rip other people who have a problem with the way the company is going? nobody is saying they want the company to close. we all work hard and want what is rightfully ours. nobody with a brain is asking for anything other than what THE COMPANY PROMISED US WHEN WE WERE HIRED. who asked you?
what an enlightened post that was. how about climbing down from your soap box for a little bit?
heres an idea, worry about what big cheese is doing, and dont worry about this thread.....sitting behind your keyboard in your rented room.:butt kiss: :soapbox: :::shit:::

ha ha....good one jules........big cheese was nagging in another string....typical company man workin in a closet in wilmington hiding behind the cheese obviously.........lol

Guys(& Gals), take a deep breath.
First off pro1's rep. here in truckingboards is a VERY good one, why would he make up crap, he is not one to stir up a pot,,, atleast until provoked. ;)
Secondly,,, and I know this is a hard one after the last few years,,, What if he is correct? You all might actually have SOMETHING to look foreward to...
Third,,, yes everyone knows your TM will outright lie to you,, to keep you in the dark and to protecting his own skin,, But why lie to potential new hire,, it's not good to start a business relationship under those terms. Many TM's have been burned for such actions,as it opens up the lawsuit doors real quick.

thanks. i can only repeat what was told to me, by the TM.

and you are correct, it's "others" that start the pot to boil.........!!!!!!

They will get hung out to dry when and if things turn around. The Combo drivers will run as fast as they can to other LTL's. And then us that are still around will be over worked even more. Good stock tip. Buy K-Jel.

This guy really knows R&L...Could not agree with ya more...
They will get hung out to dry when and if things turn around. The Combo drivers will run as fast as they can to other LTL's. And then us that are still around will be over worked even more. Good stock tip. Buy K-Jel.