TForce | Pay Rumor

imported_buzzard

TB Lurker
Credits
Someone "in the know" received a phone call from a freind in the Union on Thursday saying that pay is a done deal $23.00 now and $24.65 next year, everyone beleives it....any posibility of this? Contract talks have just started.

Buzz

Buzzard,
It's not impossible, but then again, can we say with any certainty that it's anything more than a rumor? That's the real question.

buzzard said:
Someone "in the know" received a phone call from a freind in the Union on Thursday saying that pay is a done deal $23.00 now and $24.65 next year, everyone beleives it....any posibility of this? Contract talks have just started.

Buzz
Most likely just a rumor. The actual talks arent supposed to start until the 17th. The meeting the other day was just a who's who meeting....from what I understand.

There is an informational meeting in HRS tomorrow morning(Sun) at 11 AM, at the Holiday Inn....at the 581/Carlisle pike entrance.
They won't have any information about any possible contract details ....more for employee's who never worked for the union to get informed about the union.

buzzard - The rumors will run rampant until the truth comes out. It never ceases to amaze me that men think the CEO or head neogiator will take the time to call a driver or dock hand in nowheresville to give him the latest scoop on whats happening. Hammering out a contract is hard enough without outside distractions. Just because one side ask for a specific item dosen't mean thats the only possibility that will be accepted. Be patient and wait for the offer thats made to reach the men and wether or not its accepted or rejected and sent back to the panel before you make up your mind.

hmmm. $24.65 good luck. Thats an awful lot to pay a freight guy. Can't really see it, but hope you get it!
HAd to edit this, I could actually see it, if their paying their drivers that too, and not paying them mileage.

usf-indy said:
buzzard - The rumors will run rampant until the truth comes out. It never ceases to amaze me that men think the CEO or head neogiator will take the time to call a driver or dock hand in nowheresville to give him the latest scoop on whats happening. Hammering out a contract is hard enough without outside distractions. Just because one side ask for a specific item dosen't mean thats the only possibility that will be accepted. Be patient and wait for the offer thats made to reach the men and wether or not its accepted or rejected and sent back to the panel before you make up your mind.

Yes, It is going to take months and months and months. The only way it wouldn't is if they come out with one just like UPS wants.
After all UPS has them in their back pockets.:smillie_flag:

Skeeter said:
After all UPS has them in their back pockets.
The only person UPS has in their back pockets is you because you still probably think that they're going to make the improvements you want sometime soon!

LOL! You union boys are just ate up with it aren't you. We get improvements every year and have the 24 years I've been here. Never missed getting a raise. I don't think UPS will miss any either.
Terminals that want the union can have it. But I believe there will be a lot that don't.

Any information thats not first hand,has very little value.

Ever play that game where you stand in a circle,than someone starts a story,it gets passed to the next one.
By the time it makes it back to the one that started it.
Why its turned into something completely different than how it started.
Thats how rumors are.
Someone either starts out with a truth or a lie,after its told to a few its starts changing.

Even the Bible states that everything said, should be by the mouth of 2,or 3 witnesses so the truth can be established.

Scuttle Butt

I totally agree with USF Indy. These rumors are just that-Scuttle Butt!! Don't get me wrong, I would love to see more $$$. But we won't know anything until we begin to see contract drafts. Talk is cheap, real cheap. Show Me The Money!!

LOL! These union moderators are sure quick to bury or delete your post if it doesn't show their precious union in the right light.

CFer, I thought you are better than you are also. You probably won't have to worry to much more about me posting on this union web site. I getting pretty tired of the union bias anyway.

Skeeter said:
LOL! These union moderators are sure quick to bury or delete your post if it doesn't show their precious union in the right light.

CFer, I thought you are better than you are also. You probably won't have to worry to much more about me posting on this union web site. I getting pretty tired of the union bias anyway.

What are you talking about Skeeter? No posts have been deleted and if they got burried, it's because the thread had a lot of activity.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the questions I asked in another thread. It appears you read my post but ignored my questions.

You can find it here.

It's post #266 in case you can't find it

Hey CFer, Skeeter must be out of beer. The company kool-aid has been known to give illussionary outbreaks where one thinks everyone and everything has it out for him except for his beloved company. For the love of Pete, someone give him a beer!!

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Most likely just a rumor. The actual talks arent supposed to start until the 17th. The meeting the other day was just a who's who meeting....from what I understand.

There is an informational meeting in HRS tomorrow morning(Sun) at 11 AM, at the Holiday Inn....at the 581/Carlisle pike entrance.
They won't have any information about any possible contract details ....more for employee's who never worked for the union to get informed about the union.
Or do you mean a Union Bashing meeting?

CFer said:
What are you talking about Skeeter? No posts have been deleted and if they got burried, it's because the thread had a lot of activity.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the questions I asked in another thread. It appears you read my post but ignored my questions.

You can find it here.

It's post #266 in case you can't find it
i think skeeter is talking about the thread where a upsf driver said the union was striking in front of harrisburg. the thread was locked after like 2 posts. i didn't understand that either..