TForce | Pay Rumor

Greezy I was referring to Apo's word from Bible scripture and his note about first-hand info.The division of UPSF that I work for is non-union right now. I don't know how it's all gonna pan out yet.

hugnlug said:
I totally agree with USF Indy. These rumors are just that-Scuttle Butt!! Don't get me wrong, I would love to see more $$$. But we won't know anything until we begin to see contract drafts. Talk is cheap, real cheap. Show Me The Money!!
This is not a rumor, Last night after stopping at the truck stop and smoking some crack, Hoffa called me on the cell and said we will be getting $ 29.00 per hour and 62 cpm.

I think the possibility of you guys getting more hourly and mileage than NMFA is very real. But what they want in exchange is going to be a relaxation of the work rules, ie; no yardmen, do your own hooks and spots, road men humping freight on the dock and at dark terminals, etc, all the things that make a "Teamster" job, a good job. Those 15 hour days every day are going to get old after a while. Sure hope you push for NMFA standards.

TheBigR said:
I think the possibility of you guys getting more hourly and mileage than NMFA is very real. But what they want in exchange is going to be a relaxation of the work rules, ie; no yardmen, do your own hooks and spots, road men humping freight on the dock and at dark terminals, etc, all the things that make a "Teamster" job, a good job. Those 15 hour days every day are going to get old after a while. Sure hope you push for NMFA standards.

Sounds good to me...:bananapowerslide:

TheBigR said:
I think we should get more than the nmfa because we have to do more. We have to look a certain way(Beards, tucked in uniforms and the like). I just hope they get a good contract that encourages people who are not for the union you re-think things, and other freight companies to join. I think the whole idea of a union is awesome, but it's also time for the teamsters to clean up their act. They should offer us as employees the same quality assurance that UPS professes to aim for.

buzzard said:
Someone "in the know" received a phone call from a freind in the Union on Thursday saying that pay is a done deal $23.00 now and $24.65 next year, everyone beleives it....any posibility of this? Contract talks have just started.

Buzz

Buzz if your talking about UPSF drivers $24.00 is already in pay.. .48.63cents X 500miles = 24315 divided by 10 -= $24.31 legal driving hrs. And 48.63 is LOW pay, the drivers that have been there way longer get WAY more. the hookup and drop time fueling time and waiting time SUCKS.

Covvgirl said:
Buzz if your talking about UPSF drivers $24.00 is already in pay.. .48.63cents X 500miles = 24315 divided by 10 -= $24.31 legal driving hrs. And 48.63 is LOW pay, the drivers that have been there way longer get WAY more. the hookup and drop time fueling time and waiting time SUCKS.
I think the $23 and $24.65 is for fulltime city drivers. Top pay at our terminal for road drivers I think is almost .53 a mile. which is good, but I think we should get paid hourly for hook ups. In Gaffney, Sc, you could spend an hour looking for two pups to make your set, and you only get paid 18min. max.

TheBigR said:
I agree 15 hours everyday will burn you out. Now if you think that company's are still in the 70's wake up. What I don't get is if they are paying you and your load isn't ready what is so wrong with helping out. I'm not for abuse but what is so wrong with doing some other things when operational failures happen. And if they keep happening I'm all for getting it fixed. Down the road I believe Ups will straigten out these issues both MC and Overnite barns have. Union or not these problems will grow into bigger issues that Ups doesn't want when they are trying to catch up to Fedex.

Nothing like volunteer,volunteer,volnteer, they will always need YOUR help! & not hire enough help so you the driver will not have to burn the candle for 14 hrs a day....plus while you do the help out routine they slack and take a smoke break & it goes on and on.Nobody would volunteer to hep me (a driver) for anything ;just think about it ,when was the last time any one volunteered to assist you while hooking up etc. they would just walk on by while you have to get out and move something out of the way,hang a gear on a trailer.I`m a highly skilled employee& don`t want to be obligated for the entry level jobs proper functioning (that`s managements area of skill) After all you make all that big moola $70.000 a year devided by about 12 to 14 hours aday which is not alot per the hour you & me have to work to get big bucks!!!There is no reason for a line driver to work the dock & drive 9 to 11 too;even once in a while....Big companys have to think big and lead with vision not blindness and stop gap tactics......One hat is enough

SlowRide said:
I agree 15 hours everyday will burn you out. Now if you think that company's are still in the 70's wake up. What I don't get is if they are paying you and your load isn't ready what is so wrong with helping out. I'm not for abuse but what is so wrong with doing some other things when operational failures happen. And if they keep happening I'm all for getting it fixed. Down the road I believe Ups will straigten out these issues both MC and Overnite barns have. Union or not these problems will grow into bigger issues that Ups doesn't want when they are trying to catch up to Fedex.

now I'm pissed. SlowRide... Help??? hahahaha! why should Dave help out on the dock why should he do a hookup why should he do anything but sit there, its not his problem central is all messed up.. my next question to you.. is.. Is UPSF going to HELP Dave make his housement his car payment, buy the books his son needs for school or the laptop he needs.. HELL NO.. so what if Dave sits on his *** while Central is trying to fix THIER problem, When Dave is sitting he should be paid for the 1st hr and every hr after that, not after the 2nd hr or 3rd hr. and when he gets shut down on the hill because of snow he should get paid for that too.. he didn't tell the weather man to make it snow. good guy finishes last... You wanna collect BROWNIE POINTS go for it

Cowtown Troy said:
Greezy I was referring to Apo's word from Bible scripture and his note about first-hand info.The division of UPSF that I work for is non-union right now. I don't know how it's all gonna pan out yet.
HUH...... Not you your talking about here...but OK....My response was to Glad and the meeting they are having

SlowRide said:

How can you work work 15hrs a day? With the new hos. I thought you could only go over your 14 one day a week. And thats only if you start and end your tour of duty at you the same domicile. Unless some people are not starting there logs when they show up for work. I guess I dont understand why anyone would want to work 70+ hours a week.:Zzzz:

Pompano said:
How can you work work 15hrs a day? With the new hos. I thought you could only go over your 14 one day a week. And thats only if you start and end your tour of duty at you the same domicile. Unless some people are not starting there logs when they show up for work. I guess I dont understand why anyone would want to work 70+ hours a week.:Zzzz:
Because I enjoy the hallucinations that I have from lack of sleep. And the thought of all the money I am making that I will die to young to enjoy......

BusterNite said:
This is not a rumor, Last night after stopping at the truck stop and smoking some crack, Hoffa called me on the cell and said we will be getting $ 29.00 per hour and 62 cpm.

So you saw the vision? LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Pompano said:
My comments idled what BigR stated and I didn't think of that but anyway you can if you work other than driving.

Covvgirl said:
now I'm pissed. SlowRide... Help??? hahahaha! why should Dave help out on the dock why should he do a hookup why should he do anything but sit there, its not his problem central is all messed up.. my next question to you.. is.. Is UPSF going to HELP Dave make his housement his car payment, buy the books his son needs for school or the laptop he needs.. HELL NO.. so what if Dave sits on his *** while Central is trying to fix THIER problem, When Dave is sitting he should be paid for the 1st hr and every hr after that, not after the 2nd hr or 3rd hr. and when he gets shut down on the hill because of snow he should get paid for that too.. he didn't tell the weather man to make it snow. good guy finishes last... You wanna collect BROWNIE POINTS go for it
Well you sound pissed. Maybe things will improve soon so you and your husband can be pround of UPS. Does he talk on the boards or do you keep up on all that is happening and pass on his sediments.

Long days said:
Nothing like volunteer,volunteer,volnteer, they will always need YOUR help! & not hire enough help so you the driver will not have to burn the candle for 14 hrs a day....plus while you do the help out routine they slack and take a smoke break & it goes on and on.Nobody would volunteer to hep me (a driver) for anything ;just think about it ,when was the last time any one volunteered to assist you while hooking up etc. they would just walk on by while you have to get out and move something out of the way,hang a gear on a trailer.I`m a highly skilled employee& don`t want to be obligated for the entry level jobs proper functioning (that`s managements area of skill) After all you make all that big moola $70.000 a year devided by about 12 to 14 hours aday which is not alot per the hour you & me have to work to get big bucks!!!There is no reason for a line driver to work the dock & drive 9 to 11 too;even once in a while....Big companys have to think big and lead with vision not blindness and stop gap tactics......One hat is enough
Volunteering what does that really mean. I am not certain what you really are concerned with

stldude44 said:
The only person UPS has in their back pockets is you because you still probably think that they're going to make the improvements you want sometime soon!

I heard that!!!!! Actually I saw it first, yeah that's it.