TForce | Pay Rumor

usf-indy said:
When some of the posters talk about hourly pay being kind of high they mean compared to the nmfa. When and if a contract is setteled you can bet it will be close to what the rest of the industry covered by the union is getting. Hourly pay is what it is, not what you get for a 500 mile run averaging 65 mph. Hourly pay mainly effects dock and city workers not road men except when figuring wait or delay time or work performed besides driving.Be realistic in that the offer being made will be enough to entice you to sign but also low enough to remain competitive in the freight business. Remember the only reason for a union is not just the money but work rules that you can live with that don't change daily and a contract that describes what is expected of both sides. Some on here have made the comment that if it isn't broke than it don't need fixing and the complain on how they are being treated. These are the conditions that can be corrected in a contract with specific work rules such as who hauls which loads , accepting or waiting on work calls,hours of service and payment of waiting time. Not to be an ******* but when the company ask me for a favor I remind them this is not my hobby but how I make my living and if they want something done ,all they have to do is tell me so, and if it's legal and safe I'd be glad to and get paid for doing it. my 2 cents
Thank You. This is EXACTLY how I feel. Our pay is good. Not great as I could always use more money. But it is not all about the money. I would even be satisfied if they kept the wages the same and fixed some of the rules. Like there is no way I should get a .3(18min) for hooking up a set, when it takes me 30min to find a dolly and the two seperated pups and so my pre trip. So what happens is that most guys skip or don't do a thorough pretrip, and that is un safe.

Skeeter said:
I heard from a good source the hourly will be $26.98 mileage 72 cents per mile.:smillie_flag:
I don't think that is alot to pay a frieght guy because I know that we are worth it. If they offered me this I wouldn't say that's alot. I would grin and say THANK YOU! Driving a truck is a professional job. You have to drive in so many different traffic situations and weather conditions, mountains, we have to make sure other people don't kill themselves. That is alot of responsibilty.

ftaf08 said:
Actually alot of Canadians lok at us like we look at mexico because of all the concessions we have taken down here and the declining rate of unionism in this country. I didn't mean to take things off topic here, so here's my point. Regardless of what may be negotiated for you by the International and locals, do not ratify anything less than NMFA standards. If you do I believe the companies will start using it to whipsaw us to get more and more concessions out of all of us. Proponents of free trade recently started a push to get mexican trucks up here again. UPS sees this, as does YRC and ABF, in addition to all the other carriers. Like STLdude said in anothe thread, most of us thought trucking was safe. If you guys get a sub NMFA contract it will begin concessions from all us. And anyone who thinks concessions save jobs in the long run can ask the auto workers and steelworkers how it worked out for them.

Actually in the trucking industry I think CF is one fine example of concessions, as the start of moving liquid asset's, this move shut down CF and opened CCX. This scenario can also be applied in other trucking companies which is why we need strong union's.

Skeeter said:
I heard from a good source the hourly will be $26.98 mileage 72 cents per mile.:smillie_flag:

You know something if we get this good for us, regardless as to weather we are getting 30-40/hr. or 10-15/hr. The contract's are in negotiation's and if we do get what you have mentioned ,I am sure it will be at the price of hard work, one thing I am not afraid of. And the same thing that put O back on it's feet after UP, so bring it on!!!! and now it's time to make UPSF successful.

usf-indy said:
When some of the posters talk about hourly pay being kind of high they mean compared to the nmfa. When and if a contract is setteled you can bet it will be close to what the rest of the industry covered by the union is getting. Hourly pay is what it is, not what you get for a 500 mile run averaging 65 mph. Hourly pay mainly effects dock and city workers not road men except when figuring wait or delay time or work performed besides driving.Be realistic in that the offer being made will be enough to entice you to sign but also low enough to remain competitive in the freight business. Remember the only reason for a union is not just the money but work rules that you can live with that don't change daily and a contract that describes what is expected of both sides. Some on here have made the comment that if it isn't broke than it don't need fixing and the complain on how they are being treated. These are the conditions that can be corrected in a contract with specific work rules such as who hauls which loads , accepting or waiting on work calls,hours of service and payment of waiting time. Not to be an ******* but when the company ask me for a favor I remind them this is not my hobby but how I make my living and if they want something done ,all they have to do is tell me so, and if it's legal and safe I'd be glad to and get paid for doing it. my 2 cents

I agree with your statement, but if "O" did not bend the rule's out of proportion to begin with, I doubt if we would be in this perdicument, Besides, there is other trucking firms who make better than we do,both HRLY\MILE and bennies, and there is no reason we should have to wait until 2009 to get what we are asking for. UPS thought something good of O otherwise we would have never been bought.

So when I hear something like we still have to prove ourselves, which was quoted by our COO on the union bashing abomination of a dvd, that essentially called us IDIOT'S, I feel it is about time we did something mainly because we know who we are dealing with now.

I wonder how good his bonus was last year?. and I am sure it was'nt half of 5 sickday's at 21.00 per hr.

Accelerator said:
I agree with your statement, but if "O" did not bend the rule's out of proportion to begin with, I doubt if we would be in this perdicument, Besides, there is other trucking firms who make better than we do,both HRLY\MILE and bennies, and there is no reason we should have to wait until 2009 to get what we are asking for. UPS thought something good of O otherwise we would have never been bought.

So when I hear something like we still have to prove ourselves, which was quoted by our COO on the union bashing abomination of a dvd, that essentially called us IDIOT'S, I feel it is about time we did something mainly because we know who we are dealing with now.

I wonder how good his bonus was last year?. and I am sure it was'nt half of 5 sickday's at 21.00 per hr.
At our terminal they told us the same things. They are telling us what UPS execs are telling them. But UPS is not talking to the workers. Think about it, most of us do what our dumb a$$ dispatcher tells us to do against our will and when we miss p/u's they blame us. UPS knows it is not our fault. They know that O made $67million cash profit last year after $100million in claims. And they bought hardly no new equipment and that sucks. UPS made $3.9billion on $39billion in revenue. That's 10% profit. Looking at that, they probably think that O should have made at least $160million in profit on the $1.6billion they did last year. It is time for things to change. Sit back and watch fellas.....

browne1 under freight they get .25 for each pin,hook or unhook.plus .25 to spot a dolly.a freight driver under master freight can get as high as 1.25 for hooking a set.plus more if they have to spot a tr.

gopher said:
browne1 under freight they get .25 for each pin,hook or unhook.plus .25 to spot a dolly.a freight driver under master freight can get as high as 1.25 for hooking a set.plus more if they have to spot a tr.
Who gets this ,NMFA?

gopher said:
for all that I would only get 18min. which is almost a third of my hourly wage. That is garbage. I heard that at ABF, all sets are hooked and if you have to hook a set, you get paid 4hours.. Is this true, tell me somebody from ABF?

Browne1 said:
I think the $23 and $24.65 is for fulltime city drivers. Top pay at our terminal for road drivers I think is almost .53 a mile. which is good, but I think we should get paid hourly for hook ups. In Gaffney, Sc, you could spend an hour looking for two pups to make your set, and you only get paid 18min. max.

424 miles 53.13 X 424= 225..27
Drop & Hooks on the run: 1 hour@ 21.00
Legally 8 hour run can do it easy.

Total: 246.27 divided by 8= 30.78 an hour.
I'd say that pretty good pay.:smillie_flag:

Skeeter said:

10-4 brotha, copy!!!!:bananalama:

replies

usf-indy said:
When some of the posters talk about hourly pay being kind of high they mean compared to the nmfa. When and if a contract is setteled you can bet it will be close to what the rest of the industry covered by the union is getting. Hourly pay is what it is, not what you get for a 500 mile run averaging 65 mph. Hourly pay mainly effects dock and city workers not road men except when figuring wait or delay time or work performed besides driving.Be realistic in that the offer being made will be enough to entice you to sign but also low enough to remain competitive in the freight business. Remember the only reason for a union is not just the money but work rules that you can live with that don't change daily and a contract that describes what is expected of both sides. Some on here have made the comment that if it isn't broke than it don't need fixing and the complain on how they are being treated. These are the conditions that can be corrected in a contract with specific work rules such as who hauls which loads , accepting or waiting on work calls,hours of service and payment of waiting time. Not to be an a-hole but when the company ask me for a favor I remind them this is not my hobby but how I make my living and if they want something done ,all they have to do is tell me so, and if it's legal and safe I'd be glad to and get paid for doing it. my 2 cents

Skeeter wrote

-ufs indy& Skeeter A bid driver can run 11 hrs a day not just 8 or even 10 for that matter any road driver can run 11 but that 11th hr is only if you are 1 hr from the terminal you started from so you can work 15 hrs in 1 day that would be for hook ups drops and anything else, paperwork, fueling,plus driving. where did you came up with 8 hrs a days
This whole time I have been posting was in reguards to road drivers..not city drivers that do pickups and LTL
And 500 miles divided 10 = 50 mph,
500 miles divided 11= 45.45 mph And .53 cents is only for top paid drivers the hourly pay comes in when your doing others things so either way it can be all done legally And legally you can work 15 hrs aday.

And the hourly rate... for drop and hookup is 18 mins. that comes out to around $7.00 they don't pay you for a full hr. they don't even pay you for the time it really takes you to drop or hookup, its a straight 18 mins.. same with fueling that has a set rate and they pay no more. so if you have to wait in line to fuel oooh well.
And Skeeter.. I don't know where you were the day of the take over .. but there was a line on the ground in Fresno ask Mike or Susan.. Dave was still working in Fresno when UPS took over. Now please correct me if I'm wrong and I will shutup about the matter. But "if its not broke don't fix it"

Covvgirl said:
Skeeter wrote

-ufs indy& Skeeter A bid driver can run 11 hrs a day not just 8 or even 10 for that matter any road driver can run 11 but that 11th hr is only if you are 1 hr from the terminal you started from so you can work 15 hrs in 1 day that would be for hook ups drops and anything else, paperwork, fueling,plus driving. where did you came up with 8 hrs a days
This whole time I have been posting was in reguards to road drivers..not city drivers that do pickups and LTL
And 500 miles divided 10 = 50 mph,
500 miles divided 11= 45.45 mph And .53 cents is only for top paid drivers the hourly pay comes in when your doing others things so either way it can be all done legally And legally you can work 15 hrs aday.

And the hourly rate... for drop and hookup is 18 mins. that comes out to around $7.00 they don't pay you for a full hr. they don't even pay you for the time it really takes you to drop or hookup, its a straight 18 mins.. same with fueling that has a set rate and they pay no more. so if you have to wait in line to fuel oooh well.
And Skeeter.. I don't know where you were the day of the take over .. but there was a line on the ground in Fresno ask Mike or Susan.. Dave was still working in Fresno when UPS took over. Now please correct me if I'm wrong and I will shutup about the matter. But "if its not broke don't fix it"

Calm down I wasn't trying to correct you but I have seen no evidence of what you are talking about in Fresno. Sorry I can only go by what I see and hear while there.

I don't go there every night so in the beginning it could of been the way you described it. But I never saw any of it.

Secondly I was merely making a point of how good I feel we are paid. I can do my run in 8 hours and the pay is as I described. However, I do extra runs after coming in and of course work 12 to 15 if I want to. I was just making a point on how good I think our pay is.

chill

Skeeter said:
Calm down I wasn't trying to correct you but I have seen no evidence of what you are talking about in Fresno. Sorry I can only go by what I see and hear while there.

I don't go there every night so in the beginning it could of been the way you described it. But I never saw any of it.

Secondly I was merely making a point of how good I feel we are paid. I can do my run in 8 hours and the pay is as I described. However, I do extra runs after coming in and of course work 12 to 15 if I want to. I was just making a point on how good I think our pay is.

OK OK I took a chillpill and I have stop shaking.

Accelerator said:
Actually in the trucking industry I think CF is one fine example of concessions, as the start of moving liquid asset's, this move shut down CF and opened CCX. This scenario can also be applied in other trucking companies which is why we need strong union's.
I guess I just don't want to see you guys get a sub-NMFA contract 1. because you guys deserve at least what we get. 2. When our negotiations start I don't want to have to listen to how we have to accept change x to stay competitive with UPSF. I already think YRC will try to make us accept Hollands work rules.

Browne1 said:
for all that I would only get 18min. which is almost a third of my hourly wage. That is garbage. I heard that at ABF, all sets are hooked and if you have to hook a set, you get paid 4hours.. Is this true, tell me somebody from ABF?
I can't speak for ABF but in chicago(local 710)
we get paid for all time it takes.

buzzard said:
Someone "in the know" received a phone call from a freind in the Union on Thursday saying that pay is a done deal $23.00 now and $24.65 next year, everyone beleives it....any posibility of this? Contract talks have just started.

Buzz
Okay how about u just tell us so we can check this out and than we will know if it's bull or not we all would like to know the real truth..help us out :bananapowerslide:

Browne1 said:
Browne1,
Actually the Central Region agreement calls for all sets to be hooked if a dog is available. If a dog wasn't available the road guy will hook a set and get paid all time spent......if he can show where a dog was available and the terminal didn't hook the set in advance, he gets time spent hooking X 3.......so if it takes an hour, he gets paid 3 hours.

Skeeter said:

Skeeter you are right, our pay is good. I have no problems with our pay except for the fact that you do get shorted when you get a .3 or 18min for hooking a set and pretrip. You also have to spend time looking for the pups to hook up. They aren't just right next to each other with a dolly in front of your rear. Looking for them can take time also and I think that either they should be hooked already or we get paid.. I hope nobody mistakes me for being lazy, I just want to get paid for every second I'm away from my family doing something for UPS Freight.