TForce | Pay Rumor

stldude44 said:
Browne1,
Actually the Central Region agreement calls for all sets to be hooked if a dog is available. If a dog wasn't available the road guy will hook a set and get paid all time spent......if he can show where a dog was available and the terminal didn't hook the set in advance, he gets time spent hooking X 3.......so if it takes an hour, he gets paid 3 hours.
that is what I'm talking about.

Browne1 said:
Skeeter you are right, our pay is good. I have no problems with our pay except for the fact that you do get shorted when you get a .3 or 18min for hooking a set and pretrip. You also have to spend time looking for the pups to hook up. They aren't just right next to each other with a dolly in front of your rear. Looking for them can take time also and I think that either they should be hooked already or we get paid.. I hope nobody mistakes me for being lazy, I just want to get paid for every second I'm away from my family doing something for UPS Freight.

I completely agree. I want to get paid for every minute. You and I deserve to be paid for everything we do.
That is why I am waiting and watching what UPS does the first of the year. I think we all will be able to make our minds up at that point. This first of the year is when we get our raises. Also Oct. is when we see what our new benefits are going to be. I think the raise the first of the year is revealed to us then to.

Skeeter said:
I completely agree. I want to get paid for every minute. You and I deserve to be paid for everything we do.
That is why I am waiting and watching what UPS does the first of the year. I think we all will be able to make our minds up at that point. This first of the year is when we get our raises. Also Oct. is when we see what our new benefits are going to be. I think the raise the first of the year is revealed to us then to.
I think our October benefits options are going to be exactly what they are now.

BusterNite said:
Keep in mind, These benefits are what all UPS non-union employees receive.

If they are I think they are pretty good. But I do what to see the changes in our pay structure.

Skeeter said:
If they are I think they are pretty good. But I do what to see the changes in our pay structure.
The benefits are ok, But the respect of seniority has to change along with delay time, sick time and overtime.

NITETRAIN said:
You Should Be Paid For Ever How Long It Takes To Hook ..period
So the people that can't get it done as fast as others get more I don't know about that. Give a fair amount flat rate to cover everyone and stop the strokers. I agree (pay for what we do) cuz I want to get on the road where the real money is.

stldude44 said:
Browne1,
Actually the Central Region agreement calls for all sets to be hooked if a dog is available. If a dog wasn't available the road guy will hook a set and get paid all time spent......if he can show where a dog was available and the terminal didn't hook the set in advance, he gets time spent hooking X 3.......so if it takes an hour, he gets paid 3 hours.
Wow that's incredible I would say this doesn't happen much if so what a failure on the company's part good for the driver. But that's the rules WOW

Also when a bottom line driver is forced into the city because his run was cancelled. He should not go to the bottom of the list. He may have 10,20 years and sit home and watch a city driver with 6 months get all the work. I don't have a problem with the rule as the line driver by choice go's back in the city. But when forced into the city. He should not go to the bottom as the rule state's. I have seen this happen many times and it is just unbelievable to watch a man with 10 years sit home all winter only to watch employee's with very little company time get the work.

Skeeter said:
424 miles 53.13 X 424= 225..27
Drop & Hooks on the run: 1 hour@ 21.00
Legally 8 hour run can do it easy.

Total: 246.27 divided by 8= 30.78 an hour.
I'd say that pretty good pay.:smillie_flag:
Bottom line Skeeter is when you finish your trip add it all up and do the math we want to be satisfied with what we made. Of course when your delayed making your trip longer less per hour

BusterNite said:
Also when a bottom line driver is forced into the city because his run was cancelled. He should not go to the bottom of the list. He may have 10,20 years and sit home and watch a city driver with 6 months get all the work. I don't have a problem with the rule as the line driver by choice go's back in the city. But when forced into the city. He should not go to the bottom as the rule state's. I have seen this happen many times and it is just unbelievable to watch a man with 10 years sit home all winter only to watch employee's with very little company time get the work.
Very true lose your spot you should get to bump in that city roster were your senority puts you

I think the only way a road driver can use senority to take over a P & d driving spot.
Is if his road run is done away with,permentanly

Apostolic said:
I think the only way a road driver can use senority to take over a P & d driving spot.
Is if his road run is done away with,permentanly
No, Regardless of company seniority, If the line driver is forced into the city, Or by his choice, He go's to the bottom. Read the past few posts Apo.

Sorry about that BusterNight.
I got on the board late,and have to get to bed to catch some sleep.
I guess I'm not with the program?
Catch you all later.

Also if a road driver ask for a transfer no matter what it was for.. he goes to the bottom. and if he ask for a transfer back to his home barn he goes back to the bottom again.

Covvgirl said:
Also if a road driver ask for a transfer no matter what it was for.. he goes to the bottom. and if he ask for a transfer back to his home barn he goes back to the bottom again.
Yes, this is true. I don't have much of a problem with this as it is the employee's choice. But when an employee is forced into any other classification or terminal do to a closing, company seniority should always prevail. I am from the old school and I beleive in takeing care of the employee that has stayed with the company through thick and thin.

Skeeter said:
Yes, Ups offers these same benefits to all their non-union employees. Including their managment.

SlowRide said:
So the people that can't get it done as fast as others get more I don't know about that. Give a fair amount flat rate to cover everyone and stop the strokers. I agree (pay for what we do) cuz I want to get on the road where the real money is.
I agree with you that there are some who milk the clock.However some of the small terminals I have to go to and hook a set are realy rough and it takes longer there. Also some of the rail yards I go to are so disorganized that it can take awhile to even find your trailers or if its busy, somewhere out of the way that you can get you set hooked.