TForce | Pay Rumor

skeeterhawk said:
we usually find out what our raise is this time of year. i believe we found out last year 2 weeks prior to october. i still have my letter at work.

are there any rumors flying around? maybe we'll know monday, october 2nd!!

Things are pretty quiet up here, I do not know if more down syndrome is setteling into mgnt. or if there is no new's coming through the pipeline.

I can hardly wait. Just think about it, we'll be down to 42 hours and then O.T. Also Leo's production incentive program!! Yippie!!!

Well heres the thing.We are no longer Overnite.
It was always Overnites tradition to anounce our new pay,and benefit package on the first of October,to be put in place the first day of the next year.
This is how they did it after the rail road took them over.

When it was Overnite owned by our founder,Mr.J.H.Chocrhane.
We had our new package kick in around October,I think?
Its hard to recall back than,but it was changed when Union Pacific took us over.

All this to say,we are now wholely owned by UPS,do we know that they will stay with the way we are used to?
Or will we see another change?

Sometimes before October came up in past years,we already had a clue through quartley meetings what our next package was going to look like.
So far we are not that far from October this year,no body seems to know anything,or if they do their not saying.

Apostolic said:
Well heres the thing.We are no longer Overnite.
It was always Overnites tradition to anounce our new pay,and benefit package on the first of October,to be put in place the first day of the next year.
This is how they did it after the rail road took them over.

When it was Overnite owned by our founder,Mr.J.H.Chocrhane.
We had our new package kick in around October,I think?
Its hard to recall back than,but it was changed when Union Pacific took us over.

All this to say,we are now wholely owned by UPS,do we know that they will stay with the way we are used to?
Or will we see another change?

Sometimes before October came up in past years,we already had a clue through quartley meetings what our next package was going to look like.
So far we are not that far from October this year,no body seems to know anything,or if they do their not saying.
We are sorry, But due to the expence of your new uniforms and the repainting of your equiptment, Their will be NO wage increase this year. Thank You for understanding our VISION!!!

Apostolic said:
Come on BusterNite,don't give them any ideas.
Who do we really know thats reading our posts on these truckingboards?

I'm sure they don't need to read posts from a bunch of dumb truck drivers to get their ideas....LOL

Glad, I can tell you for a FACT that the president of a major LTL carrier is here every day, religously, reading post on his companies forums so don't count us too short. We maybe just dumb truck drivers but they know they need us the same as we need them.

hillbilly frog said:
Glad, I can tell you for a FACT that the president of a major LTL carrier is here every day, religously, reading post on his companies forums so don't count us too short. We maybe just dumb truck drivers but they know they need us the same as we need them.
Is he/she using the ideas he see's to improve his company's dealings with his employee's?
I doubt it, so it doesnt matter what we say...he is probably just curious about what is going around.

If the management can read the moods of their employees.
They can tell how their company will fair.

If a company has employees bad mouthing the company to all their customers,it won't be long for these customers to lose their confidence in how that company will handle their business.

This also works for the good.

If any given company has employees bragging on how they like the company they work for customers will feel good about having them take care of their business.

I know this is a fact,I've seen it in my 43 years of driving P & D,for 15 LTL companies.
Good employees build good business,also bad employees drive business away.

This is an old saying,but I'm sure most of you have heard that a company is like a wheel.

The workers are the spokes the owners,are the hub, customers are the rim.
It doesn't matter how good the hub,or the rim is.

If the spokes are either missing,or bent out of shape,the wheel won't work,and should be replaced by one thats more user friendly.