pay

Does it really matter?
This whole New Century issue is getting old.
Yellow and Roadway both make more per mile than we do but I never see a thread asking why.
What matters to me is the bottom line. I make less per mile than other LTL carriers but at the end of the year, I make more.
Why? Because I can.
New Century is no longer even in the same league as us and if you'd pay attention, you would see this.
I say 3 cents per mile, great for them.
Show me the money!!
At the end of the year, I would compare W-2's with ANYONE in the LTL industry.
:thread:

What I get a kick out of is the mesg we got the other day about shutting the trucks off an saving fuel !!! The new trucks are getting lousey fuel mileage an have a lot less power. Who"s the great one that set these fuel gusslers up??? Ya again the drivers will try to keep some dummys a_ _ looking like he knows what he"s doing .

i had an older truck that got almost 7miles to a gallon now the truck i driver if i am luckey gets 5.2 you do the math way to go Ken Ad--s you really know how to save jevic real time money

think about this one too! how many man hours a day do we waste on swing door's? that easily adds One to one and a half hours a day on a local run! especially when you have a dozen deliveries and a half dozen pickup's. theres another bright idea!! he probally was involved in.

Does it really matter?
This whole New Century issue is getting old.
Yellow and Roadway both make more per mile than we do but I never see a thread asking why.
What matters to me is the bottom line. I make less per mile than other LTL carriers but at the end of the year, I make more.
Why? Because I can.
New Century is no longer even in the same league as us and if you'd pay attention, you would see this.
I say 3 cents per mile, great for them.
Show me the money!!
At the end of the year, I would compare W-2's with ANYONE in the LTL industry.
:thread:
Hey, I was just stating fact. Dont get me wrong. I will, Like you compare my W2 with anyone. Especially one that is home every day and off two days a week.

Just got off the phn with bill P Told him about the low fuel mileage an no power on the new 2008s . He said he would look into it. Now is not a good time to get 4.9 an 5.0 mpg .

I think you'll find that most of us rather not have rental or nebies in our trucks! for some reason the fraze " No Smoking" seems to be a foreign language to a lot of people, Let me also mention your personal item's either missing or disturbed, trash on the floor, And another subject I will not mention at this time. All of us long time drivers are very respectfull to each others personal belonings, generally we tell each other when we use each others truck, I can go on but I think the jest of the message.

2457214746gs3.jpg

Localdriver

its just a shame bill p cant solve a simple
problem with the trashed trucks.
maybe he just don't have the time or
has more important things to do like replace drivers.

has anyone seen any installs of the generators on the new rd trucks like they
said they were going to do.i was talking
to a women jogger across the street at the park and she said alot of her fellow
joggers/walkers are complaining of the fumes.

the new fuel that is required in the '08 trucks is the reason for the loss of power and fuel economy. the government stated that the ulsd would cost more per gallon and provide less power, that is the price we pay for a cleaner burning fuel.

Milage Pay Difference between Jevic and N C

It is my opinion as a former Jevic Drver for almost 11 years and an intimate knowledge of how the pay is at both Jevic and N C (next chance for ex jevic people) that the few cents difference that you see on paper quickly evaporates when it comes to pay day . some of the hardest workers at NC will tell you that the pay miles can be off by as much as 20 percent sometimes on a run .

My own experience with jevic was 10 percent difference at most on a bad day. Durring my years of line haul between J-1 and JA ,J6 and J2,and J6 and J5 I watched as those trips payed less miles every year . I had meetings with the man in charge of linehaul at the time and asked him how do you get to Chicago in fewer miles than on I 90 from J6 . He said thats what it pays . The next year the milage would shrink yet again .and we would repeat the process . That man was the Wiz kid for Harry, Mr Jerry Shields .

Jerry left Jevic to be in charge of smoke in mirrors at "Next Chance" for Harry . to this day he is still shorting distances between points to "control cost" . And when drivers Question how do you get from point A to point B in this many miles? they are told thats what it pays ,if you don't like it maybe you should work elsewhere ...

Don't let Trouble makers and rumor mongers get you worked up . Drivers are arguing everyday about money and miles at N C with Shields,Wagner,and D'Angello .

Some drivers left Jevic early out of "loyalty" to Harry .some more went because they no longer qualify as Jevic drivers (accidents) and still more as they believe the grass is greener tales .

which one are you scull?

good luck to everyone and remember I'm watching you because I'm Still A Fan :smilie_132:

It is my opinion as a former Jevic Drver for almost 11 years and an intimate knowledge of how the pay is at both Jevic and N C (next chance for ex jevic people) that the few cents difference that you see on paper quickly evaporates when it comes to pay day . some of the hardest workers at NC will tell you that the pay miles can be off by as much as 20 percent sometimes on a run .

My own experience with jevic was 10 percent difference at most on a bad day. Durring my years of line haul between J-1 and JA ,J6 and J2,and J6 and J5 I watched as those trips payed less miles every year . I had meetings with the man in charge of linehaul at the time and asked him how do you get to Chicago in fewer miles than on I 90 from J6 . He said thats what it pays . The next year the milage would shrink yet again .and we would repeat the process . That man was the Wiz kid for Harry, Mr Jerry Shields .

Jerry left Jevic to be in charge of smoke in mirrors at "Next Chance" for Harry . to this day he is still shorting distances between points to "control cost" . And when drivers Question how do you get from point A to point B in this many miles? they are told thats what it pays ,if you don't like it maybe you should work elsewhere ...

Don't let Trouble makers and rumor mongers get you worked up . Drivers are arguing everyday about money and miles at N C with Shields,Wagner,and D'Angello .

Some drivers left Jevic early out of "loyalty" to Harry .some more went because they no longer qualify as Jevic drivers (accidents) and still more as they believe the grass is greener tales .

which one are you scull?

good luck to everyone and remember I'm watching you because I'm Still A Fan :smilie_132:

thats rite i know you will watching--do you
call up mangt. at wallyworld and report on
drivers like you did up j6?

as far as steve is concerned ,he made his
own destiny. i ran into him at a stop and
he said he is doin ok--well i wish him luck.