Estes | Pay

18.00 something to start in city and i don't know on the hub guys. no ot till after 55 hours in the east side

Line Haul

While we're on the pay subject, if I start at 43.75 linehaul at Elkhart, In. terminal what are the pay increases and how often ? Also does linehaul do much breaking + hooking pups and how is that paid? Thanks

a raise every 6 months. what they are is beyond me and every november is a 1 penny cost of living raise. you get 7.50 to hook a set and another 7.50 to break a set. so if you hook your set at you home term and go to another place break you set and hook another its 3 hook and breaks. if you break your set when you get back its another break hook so then its 4 and so on. 10.00 to throw chains on and 9.00 to take em off. paid break down after 2 hours. i don't have a clue on the weather and so on. hope this helps

Sure does/ thanks a lot. Live halfway between McCook and Elkhart but would rather take a penny less than drive to
Chicago.

This is the way they have done my increases........ if you run extra board you'll start at .4425? it may be more...then you will receive .0125 3x a year (every 6 mo. and a cost of living increase in nov.) maxing out at .5225 for extra board. and .5175 for green board(home every other day) .46 for hub drivers with dock pay. (drivers/lumpers).........From Denver to cali. The pay is more. I dont think the west term's. will recieve another increase til us minimum wage easterners catch up :ziplip:

This is the way they have done my increases........ if you run extra board you'll start at .4425? it may be more...then you will receive .0125 3x a year (every 6 mo. and a cost of living increase in nov.) maxing out at .5225 for extra board. and .5175 for green board(home every other day) .46 for hub drivers with dock pay. (drivers/lumpers).........From Denver to cali. The pay is more. I dont think the west term's. will recieve another increase til us minimum wage easterners catch up :ziplip:

Mildew, I am glad you are happy working for Estes. You mentioned on the other thread that you love your football and you never miss a game working for Estes. And you said a truck driver is a truck driver and a dockworker is a dockworker. But if what you say is true (" a truck driver is a truck driver") then why are there "green boards, extra boards, hub boards" all receiving different pay scales? And then, on top of all that, another pay policy for the west? That doesn't sound fair to me. And how about departing from your lay down, at a terminal, before your (dot mandated, mandatory) 10 hr. rest period? Sounds like a serious breach of federal safety laws to me. Laws that are set in stone, to protect you, and the public at large. I don't know Mildew. It all sounds pretty strange to me. But who am I? I'm just a disgruntled x employee. Right? Teamster Elvis out......

From what I hear the old G.I. terminals were union and allready getting paid more. The folks were belly ache'n about getting a pay cut. (I would have been complaining with them) So the pay was left alone for them. They may have lost a penny (unsure). The green board drivers get 1/2 cent less because they are only gone 2 nights a week. So is that unfair?...probably...but to who?....xtra boarders are gone all week and its expensive on the road. 1/2 cent is only $15 based on 3000 miles. As you know the average is about 2800 for xtra's. Many ltl companies dont have folks out all week so its hard to compare the difference between companies. All I can say about the hub drivers is that they really get it in the backside....I never said I agree with everything they do but a wise man once told me to leave well enough alone.

actually if you ask some "new"er hires at gi they will tell you that they recieved a pay increase. gi started over on their pay scale. the older drivers are making more than the newer drivers. most are very happy with the pay at estes. sure they don't get paid for fueling but they do get paid for stuff that they didn't before. and the trucks at gi where junk. gi never fixed anything all the city trucks poured oil out everytime they were started. i think there are a few that moved on felt they were gettin the screw but most are happy with the change. the contractors suck everyone can and will agree on that. runs gettin cut sucks system wide. this has been something thats started a year ago for everyone (contractors) (runs gettin cut). the ones that cry the most are on to better things now so they have and will be takin with a grain of salt. i never have seen a union term out west and i've been to about all of em. truck safe :smilie_132:
p.s. the reason for the difference is stupied in our pay scales if you are by hour then it sould be hourly pay if your running down the road it should be milage pay. 2 pay scales hourly and milage

Gotta love and appreciate those outsiders "fighting the good fight" for ya,even though your views may differ from theirs.Its humorously similar to politics,"You dont know whats good for you,so were gonna make up your mind for ya"...:hysterical:

I'm not so sure many people have any complaints about their actual rate of pay. I know I'm entirely happy about my hourly rate. Now with that being said, what I've got a problem with is.. how quick they are to try and scam that money back from you..and my favorite thing, how they try to throw your hourly rate in your face as some sort of motivational tool. Maybe that sort of thing only happens here. :hide:

actually if you ask some "new"er hires at gi they will tell you that they recieved a pay increase. gi started over on their pay scale. the older drivers are making more than the newer drivers. most are very happy with the pay at estes. sure they don't get paid for fueling but they do get paid for stuff that they didn't before. and the trucks at gi where junk. gi never fixed anything all the city trucks poured oil out everytime they were started. i think there are a few that moved on felt they were gettin the screw but most are happy with the change. the contractors suck everyone can and will agree on that. runs gettin cut sucks system wide. this has been something thats started a year ago for everyone (contractors) (runs gettin cut). the ones that cry the most are on to better things now so they have and will be takin with a grain of salt. i never have seen a union term out west and i've been to about all of em. truck safe :smilie_132:
p.s. the reason for the difference is stupied in our pay scales if you are by hour then it sould be hourly pay if your running down the road it should be milage pay. 2 pay scales hourly and milage
No GI was not union but at one time enjoyed a lot of the same (or close) benefits that the organized carriers had. As far as having junk equip they had there fair share especially during the years of being owned by ABF and Carolina who just ***** the profits and put very little back in. As far as not fixing anything I can only speak for the terminals that I ran from and into but they used to have some great mechanics and if something needed fixed it got fixed although they pinched the pennies just like they all do.And no we get very little now that we didn't recieve before but less and that is where most drivers gripes are. At one time we had co. pension and matching 401k,paid for all time on duty including breakdown, delay, and fueling.Overtime after 8 hours,5 paid sick days per year and a lot less years served to accrue 4 weeks paid vacation. Linehaul drivers have recieved a little better pay for vacation with E and most of the equip. is an upgrade but the lack of respect and the flat out lies that are made from upper management far out weigh any benefit that you may recieve. And no most of the people that had any time at the old GI are happy with the change but some of us have just learned to adapt and others have moved on. I hope this helps clarify, this is just one drivers perception.

Unless there has been a change of policy those who were grandfathered in on the old GI payscale have still recieved their annual cost of living in Nov. just like everyone else I think they just got 1/2 cent less than the guys who were hired after the date that they changed the scale. And I think that .5225 per mile is far from being minimum wage.

honest is nice thanks guys i just wanted to get that out (i got it out blurry and you guys clairifed it for everyone). thank you. i just know some of the idiots that is watching it is all bad at e and it is not. now one other question ??? what LTL job out there is different ?? i know the brathahood will tell ya that is the place to be so we will weed out that ingorance what is the real difference ??? no matter who i talk to everynight. fed ex, yellow , holland, estes, R & L. it seems to be all and all the same ol stuff !! sure pay bennies are better at fed ex than most the union jobs but really as far as driver is concerned what is the real difference ??