Estes | Pay

you trying to get me in trouble ??? i 'm already trying to be a good boy. i think we can metion the "u" word just can't discuss it.:hide: damn it now i gotta go back and read the rules. :hysterical: I've been reading them and reading them :smilie_132:

At breakfast this morning I was informed that the "U" word will not be tolerated at Estes. Rob owns it and I respect him for his choices in what ever he does.

At breakfast this morning I was informed that the "U" word will not be tolerated at Estes. Rob owns it and I respect him for his choices in what ever he does.

Top Flight, I love ya man. You sound a lot like my old buddy, T4J!!! Teamster Elvis out..... ps. xxxxx0000000 To my other buddy, BEERBOY!!!

i am not your buddy . my friends are a little more smarter than the likes of you. i get dummer the more i read you and the other 2"s postes. awful actually if you and the other 2 where in the same place at the same time it would be complete stupied-aty . it would be breath taking to see. but sad at the same time

i am not your buddy . my friends are a little more smarter than the likes of you. i get dummer the more i read you and the other 2"s postes. awful actually if you and the other 2 where in the same place at the same time it would be complete stupied-aty . it would be breath taking to see. but sad at the same time

Yea, what he said. TE out.....

Pay Difference

A good friend of mine works at Estes and I work at Yellow we are both P&D drivers, we compared our wages and benefits the other day. Because I get time and a half after 8 hours and he gets no overtime pay and my hourly rate of pay is about a $1.50 an hour more there was a $17,000 dollar difference between our gross income for 2007. The difference in our benefit package penciled out to a little more than $14,000 dollars. The total worked out to be more than $31,000 between our pay packages. We both agreed that was some serious money...I'd certainly like to see Estes get serious about closing this variation between pay/benefit packages.

A good friend of mine works at Estes and I work at Yellow we are both P&D drivers, we compared our wages and benefits the other day. Because I get time and a half after 8 hours and he gets no overtime pay and my hourly rate of pay is about a $1.50 an hour more there was a $17,000 dollar difference between our gross income for 2007. The difference in our benefit package penciled out to a little more than $14,000 dollars. The total worked out to be more than $31,000 between our pay packages. We both agreed that was some serious money...I'd certainly like to see Estes get serious about closing this variation between pay/benefit packages.

No retort yet? I guess when it comes right down to it, facts are facts and they can't be argued against. Why anyone wouldn't or doesn't feel they are owed the same pay, benefits, and recognition for doing the same job as another person just in a different colored truck is beyond me. I heard Estes doesn't pay OT because that's what helps us remain competitive. Shouldn't our services that we advertise and claim to provide be what makes us competitive? Just a little food for thought.. In any case.. great great post JimmyB. :1036316054:

yeah with yellows stellar stock prices we all should be makin what yellow makes DUHHH. why would anyone retort a yellow driver. he need s to be thankfull everyday daddy zollars allows the company to stay opened

Well I don't know about bleeding them dry, I think that may be an opinion formed through subjective observation that has nothing to do with facts and the write downs associated with the purchase of USF. And the serious competition that has been taking place in the long distance LTL market these past couple of years.

Of course there are many that would like to see all of us LTL drivers working under 3rd world conditions and wages. And the "race to the bottom" may just make it happen sooner than later.

I'd just like to see Estes step up to the plate and hit a home run for "family values" and pay time and a half after 8 or the very least after 40. It's what has been deemed fair in other industries for the past 70 years or more.

Out here in the west time and a half has for the most part been a given even in non-union work places until recently.

Jimmy B

Well I don't know about bleeding them dry, I think that may be an opinion formed through subjective observation that has nothing to do with facts and the write downs associated with the purchase of USF. And the serious competition that has been taking place in the long distance LTL market these past couple of years.

Of course there are many that would like to see all of us LTL drivers working under 3rd world conditions and wages. And the "race to the bottom" may just make it happen sooner than later.

I'd just like to see Estes step up to the plate and hit a home run for "family values" and pay time and a half after 8 or the very least after 40. It's what has been deemed fair in other industries for the past 70 years or more.

Out here in the west time and a half has for the most part been a given even in non-union work places until recently.

Jimmy B

How can ANYONE argue with this post? TE out.....:1036316054:

so, If they offer a warm baloney and cheese sandwich an a warm soda they don't have to pay you for lunch break, just another idea for corp. to screw the driver out of pay. :nutkick: Bring in the union,I WANT my time & 1/2 after 40

And some wonder why Yellow lost 85 million dollars in the first quarter, bleedem dry boys.
The boys are not bleeding them dry, they are only being paid industry standard wages & benefits. That's what the big boys pay...... How can you even try & justify the fact that here in the 21st Century a few companies still use a loophole in the Federal Overtime law to avoid paying their hardworking hourly employees what they are entitled to?

The boys are not bleeding them dry, they are only being paid industry standard wages & benefits. That's what the big boys pay...... How can you even try & justify the fact that here in the 21st Century a few companies still use a loophole in the Federal Overtime law to avoid paying their hardworking hourly employees what they are entitled to?

Two words. CORPORATE GREED. And as another poster said. They are so arrogant about it, that they admit that is how they stay competitive. That my friends, is sad. TE out.....

No retort yet? I guess when it comes right down to it, facts are facts and they can't be argued against. Why anyone wouldn't or doesn't feel they are owed the same pay, benefits, and recognition for doing the same job as another person just in a different colored truck is beyond me. I heard Estes doesn't pay OT because that's what helps us remain competitive. Shouldn't our services that we advertise and claim to provide be what makes us competitive? Just a little food for thought.. In any case.. great great post JimmyB. :1036316054:
Okay, lets compare a new Estes hire's paycheck, against, well you know, the same guy at your place. The E guy goes to work every day, and well.... Your guy is sitting home on call. Why is it, you overly concerned guys never give up a day to let the guy on the bottom have a day? hmmmm?

Okay, lets compare a new Estes hire's paycheck, against, well you know, the same guy at your place. The E guy goes to work every day, and well.... Your guy is sitting home on call. Why is it, you overly concerned guys never give up a day to let the guy on the bottom have a day? hmmmm?

As a soon to be new linehaul driver, not being concerned about hourly overtime pay, can I being on the very bottom of the board expect to make a good living for my family? Thanks

Not sure what colored glasses you are looking through but I see plenty of guys on both the city board and line board missing days and running shorter runs than usual. Just curious why everyone who is anti can only use Yellow as an example when it is very obvious that there seems to be some serious mismanagement and some unfortunate and ill timed decisions made there. Look at some of the other organized carriers and you will see a different picture although all in the trucking sector are having to adjust to a very weak economy. One big thing that E has going for them is a lack of debt if that is totally true. I have some reservations though since no one can independently verify this.