SAIA | Pay

I would think it would be common courtesy to fuel up ANY truck you drive for the next driver, but maybe my manners are different.
Also, why not try to help save the company some money where you can, and as long as your not hurting yourself, it will help everyone in the long run.
At least you have a job, you could be one of the other drivers that just had his terminal closed out from under him!

here at the world famous GRL terminal[that's garland tx,12 miles from dallas]if a city driver needs fuel,there only supposed to get enough fuel to run there run. if they were to fuel both tanks,that's stealing time.as a line driver,you need to come in early,cause ya gonna need some fuel everyday.i've heard that at other barns everybody fuels there truck at the end of there run for the next guy.that makes way too much sense,i'll be reporting you to the time stealing police.:Rulz:

I would think it would be common courtesy to fuel up ANY truck you drive for the next driver, but maybe my manners are different.
Also, why not try to help save the company some money where you can, and as long as your not hurting yourself, it will help everyone in the long run.
At least you have a job, you could be one of the other drivers that just had his terminal closed out from under him!

I don't have a problem fueling my truck for someone to use , BUT, they could use a little common sense and put in some fuel. Local dispatch is living the old way. Crap on the city driver and bend over backwards to kiss the linehaul drivers butt. Just looks like the company would want line driver to fuel to save that 20+ dollars per hour. But hey. I'll take it. I fuel mine every two days even if no one drives but me.

BT, they said last year when they put it off til Dec. that it would be Dec. from now on.

When I started with this company, the raises came in April. Then one year they announced in April then said the raises wouldn't be effective until August. Last time they announced in August but said they wouldn't be effective until December. There seems to be a predictable pattern here.

And yes, I worked for a trucking company that didn't give a raise for several years, so the question becomes are they establishing a pattern for us?

If they announce in November that the raise (if any)won't be effective until January then there would be nothing for this year. Buying another down on its luck carrier again?

Maybe red eye sees things more clearly with being concerned about a wage contraction.

Nashville Terminal

Aboveall,
Nashville terminal starts you out at $18.30 per hour and you top out after 3years at $20.80. Linehaul is topped out at .525 cents per mile. I'm not sure what you start out in linehaul as any city driver gets top linehaul pay working the weekends even if you just started. It really pays to work weekends doing linehaul! Hope that helps! The pay is the same for MS & AL. GA pays more as does MI. Each terminal pays different in each state though.
Mavrickjubei

P.S. Has anyone heard of CPC Logistics? They run for Walgreens. If so, are they a great company to work for?

Aboveall,
Nashville terminal starts you out at $18.30 per hour and you top out after 3years at $20.80. Linehaul is topped out at .525 cents per mile. I'm not sure what you start out in linehaul as any city driver gets top linehaul pay working the weekends even if you just started. It really pays to work weekends doing linehaul! Hope that helps! The pay is the same for MS & AL. GA pays more as does MI. Each terminal pays different in each state though.
Mavrickjubei

P.S. Has anyone heard of CPC Logistics? They run for Walgreens. If so, are they a great company to work for?

a couple of my friends are managers for walgreens. i looked into running for them a few months back, and it seemed to be a pretty decent company to drive for. the drivers seemed to be content working there, especially after the added lift gates to most of the trailers. they make around $20.50 and get overtime after 8 hours. on the bad side, they don't get many, if any holidays off. if christmas falls on one of your regular days to work, you work it.