SEFL | Pay

Ral is 19.55 starting and top is 21.55 and you get fifty cent raise every 90 days until you hit top pay. Also supposed to get another raise in december but don't know how much just know that they said it will not be any more than our raise in june but possibly the same....guess we'll have to wait and see

Pay Is Not Bad For Non Union Employee, But Look How Much You Are Losing By Not Getting Time And A Half After 8. The Excuse Of Sefl Hauling Agricultural Goods Exempts Them From Paying Overtime Is A Crock. What Do You Deliver Maybe A Skid Of Fertilizer A Month ?

Actually the overtime exemtion set by the Fed's is for all farm workers and transportation workers. There is also one other field of work that is included but I can't remember which one. Emergency personel ??? Maybe.

That Is Just A Cop Out For Paying A Good Man A Decent Wage For A Job Well Done. I Really Think That In A Court Of Law, That A Good Lawyer Could Get A Man Back Pay For Overtime. Of Course This Is A Dumb Truck Drivers Feelings. We In The Ltl Business Are Not Agricultural Workers

That Is Just A Cop Out For Paying A Good Man A Decent Wage For A Job Well Done. I Really Think That In A Court Of Law, That A Good Lawyer Could Get A Man Back Pay For Overtime. Of Course This Is A Dumb Truck Drivers Feelings. We In The Ltl Business Are Not Agricultural Workers

Maybe you should go over to the Estes, Averitt, Old Dominion, R&L boards and tell them how they should be getting paid overtime too, b/c I'm tired of hearing about it:smilie_132:

overtime

man if southeastern paid over time they would let us work 40 hrs then would not let us work any more hrs that week

overtime

the laws states that they do not have to pay overtime. it does not say they can't. they use the law as a tool to keep thier costs down. you can't blame them but you don't have to like it. i have been told a number of times that if they have to pay overtime they will cut you down to 40 hrs. while i doubt that statement is in the how to motivate people handbook , we all knew the rules when we signed on but we dont have to like it.

SEFL could pay us Overtime but then all the City Drivers would be working less than Forty hours. They would work this just like they work any of there other QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROCEESES. This would eliminate waste in the company therefore making the company more profitable. I would rather work 50 to 55 hors at straight time than less than forty with overtime. Just ask the Fed Ex Freight drivers, when they gave them overtime not many if any got it. That's all I got to say for now.

Please No !!!!!

Maybe you should go over to the Estes, Averitt, Old Dominion, R&L boards and tell them how they should be getting paid overtime too, b/c I'm tired of hearing about it:smilie_132:
Don't send him to our board, it is knee deep in whiners already !!!