Payback is Overdue at YRC

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by Freightmaster1, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

2. highheadblues

highheadblues Well-Known Member

Quote “are the banks just going to bleed us dry?” That’s like asking if the grizzly bear is friendly.

3. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

Do the banks bleed anyone dry when they put up the money to buy a house that someone doesn't have the cash to pay for? Just asking.

albag, jimmy g and aztec warrior like this.
  4. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Ask that same question to people that financed with Wells Fargo.

aztec warrior likes this.
  5. highheadblues

I thought you just defended Yrc- but I guess you stand up for any corporate malfeasance you can find. Congratulations on having the worst job in America :6817:

6. Triplex

What does malfeasance of any kind have to do with a person getting a mortgage to buy a home? How is malfeasance involved when a bank lends a person funds to purchase a home? You seem to be grasping for straws in order to avoid a serious response to my question. You like innuendo but can't provide facts. I prefer facts as opposed to innuendo. Oh, and "the worst job in America"? Don't exaggerate much do you?

albag, jimmy g and aztec warrior like this.
  7. Triplex

Some home owners who were in bankruptcy were possibly mislead by what Wells Fargo did, but they are a tiny percentage of the millions of people who have obtained mortgages from banks over many decades and who would have otherwise never have been able to purchase a home. That's just a fact and not a blanket approval of what every bank did under every circumstance. Condemning all banks because of the misdeeds of some is like condemning all truck drivers because some are bad.

jimmy g likes this.
  8. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Crap Dispatch Regional Safety Manager

I think many still don’t remember who concocted this whoor financial deal with the banks in the first place. Zollars created this mess, and it was handed to Welch, and now Hawkins. Kind of like you getting a bill in the mail from a credit card company that your college kid had, and maxed it out,with the interest rate at 29.9 percent....

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    albag, jimmy g, weiner and 2 others like this.
  9. 6PakAbs

6PakAbs Well-Known Member

us Aye Bee Ffuh guys really showed 'em...hope you have better luck! I am pulling for you..

10. highheadblues

Guess you’ve never seen an amortization table. And speaking of jobs I noticed you never did answer whether you’re part of the management team or somebody paid to monitor social media for the company when I asked in another thread

Raildog and Fake News like this.
  11. Triplex

Another deflection from you. Amortization tables have nothing whatsoever to do with your blanket condemnation of banks earlier and your juvenile/inaccurate claim that I defend malfeasance of any kind. I used to think you occasionally made sense in your posts but I've come to realize that's no longer the case.

As far as answering you regarding my employment, what makes you think I owe you any explanation at all? I couldn't care less where you think I work and I couldn't care less where you work. I simply respond to the accuracy/inaccuracy of your posts, period.

albag, jimmy g and FLD 120 like this.
  12. highheadblues

Nice deflection

13. wongway

wongway -15% Pay , Never forget

2019 time to pay back the Driver's that helped save yrcw !!![​IMG]

14. joes bar and grill

So the billions that Wells Fargo paid in fines and the thousands of accounts they opened without permission or even knowledge of people were only a tiny percent of their business?

15. Triplex

Carefully re-read what I posted. That's not what I said.

16. GO40

GO40 Well-Known Member

It was not possibly mislead by Well Fargo, it was proven they were mislead along with the 142 million settlement....

17. joes bar and grill

you're saying that it was all Zollars fault, reality says the banks were like the buy it here pay used car salesman, they are just as complicit as Dollar Bill.

18. Jaloc

Jaloc Well-Known Member

The Union should of had something in the MOU that a certain percentage of the 15% giveback goes to paying down the debt. They never want to repay it then they will have to pay full rate and pension again. This new HNRY logistics is the beginning of the end now they will become a freight broker just use purchase transportation/owner operators instead of Union drivers. Will the Union require that HNRY logistics only use Teamsters?

19. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

:bananapartyhat:

wongway likes this.
  20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Not really. No one forced Zollars to sign a contract with them. They laid put their terms. He was free to shop for a better deal, sign with them, or not borrow anything. Just as no employees are forced to stay and participate in the wage concessions.

Life is Choices. Once we're born, the only things we Must do are eat, drink, breathe, poop, and die. Pretty much all else is an option/ choice. Choices have consequences.

albag, Triplex and FLD 120 like this.