New Penn | Paycuts, when is enough, enough ?

by the way Irishman 107,whats with the antagonism?You disagree with my opinions thats fine,but I think your being a little overly aggressive ,and that tactic tends to be counterproductive.

This is it.This is the same rate I would get starting at ABF as a casual and if made payroll for one year.

Except the 7.60 a hour Pension contribution. But you have enough time in for your pension so why even mention it.. And I am not antagonizing anyone Lucky. Just reminding you that you said no way a pay cut. But now you are voting yes. And now again you turn around and say "This is it". Its easy to say no more now because I don't think the idiots in Washington would give up more. But if they did and it didnt affect the health benefits ????????????????

When is the last time you spoke to a fed ex freight driver,they are the most unhappy people,pitt ohio and ccx have given back,wage givebacks,vacations frozen and lost thier matches on there 401ks.

If they are unhappy now,wait till this crock ofshit passes!!

Except the 7.60 a hour Pension contribution. But you have enough time in for your pension so why even mention it.. And I am not antagonizing anyone Lucky. Just reminding you that you said no way a pay cut. But now you are voting yes. And now again you turn around and say "This is it". Its easy to say no more now because I don't think the idiots in Washington would give up more. But if they did and it didnt affect the health benefits ????????????????

It doesn't matter how much more anyone will give up. We are dealing with whats being ask of us now. Don't even think about another one after this.
Everyone has a reason for their vote one way or the other. My biggest point is those who want to vote yes because they think newpenn will close. I've given several opinions on why they won't or can't. No one has given a valid reason as to how they can... Vote yes and you gaurantee cuts, vote no and you give yourself a chance for no cuts. and thats my OPINION...

It doesn't matter how much more anyone will give up. We are dealing with whats being ask of us now. Don't even think about another one after this.
Everyone has a reason for their vote one way or the other. My biggest point is those who want to vote yes because they think newpenn will close. I've given several opinions on why they won't or can't. No one has given a valid reason as to how they can... Vote yes and you gaurantee cuts, vote no and you give yourself a chance for no cuts. and thats my OPINION...
I have mailed my ballot already and it was a no vote. Just remember 107, these are just your opinions. You never know what these IDIOTS are gonna do. Just look what they have done to us already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't find your reasons why NP won't or can't close. I would like to hear them. If things are sooooo bad, why YRC doesn't sell or lay some people off or close NP is a mystery? The fastest way to save money is a drop in salaries.

I couldn't find your reasons why NP won't or can't close. I would like to hear them. If things are sooooo bad, why YRC doesn't sell or lay some people off or close NP is a mystery? The fastest way to save money is a drop in salaries.

Please read the "newpenn ballots" thread on this board. It contains numerous posts addressing your concerns. Bankruptcy or change in ownership in Revised Plan will cause wages to snap back to full rate.

I'll give you one big reason.. "Pension Withdraw Liability"

New Penn managers and supervisors have, in the past, each received a yearly bonus check. The mount is confidential and variable. If this policy still exists any equity pay cut(s) management claim they took may be irrelevant if a bonus was increased to compensate.

NP road(~12y)
NP city (~6y)
union (~22y)

according to what i was told,they haven't gotten those bunous in the last 2 yrs.but i'm sure most of you won't believe that, cause all management lies;right.

according to what i was told,they haven't gotten those bunous in the last 2 yrs.but i'm sure most of you won't believe that, cause all management lies;right.

Only 99.9999 percent of the time, like when they said that 10% percent pay cut was turning us around. I know that wasnt a lie that was a slight miscaculation on managements part. Like when a airline pilot says everythings fine we will be landing in 10 minutes ,then you see him jumping out the door with a parachute. ( Steve O , John Mc , Don J, the Leedy family etc. etc etc)
Management tells you what you want to hear right up to the day they leave. Ask any manager that has bailed out and they will tell you the truth, the ones still working at New Penn have not found NEW JOBS or are looking at this through rose colored glasses..

from what I have heard a no vote closes the door for good and there goes any chance of collecting a pension..the pension funds are drying up ..there is a local in new york that is all yrc..close the doors and there pension is gone not to mention there job..nobody wants to give them anything but we need to be seperated from YRC ... YRC stand for yellow ruins companies..later

OK Here's the poop, the votes are already counted. Do you think the IBT will let yrc go down? We're talking $1.8 Million in dues every month. Besides if we do vote no, the IBT will just re-negotiate another deal. Or maybe yrc will declare bankruptcy and then the contract will be voided. If that happens, get out the KY gel!

from what I have heard a no vote closes the door for good and there goes any chance of collecting a pension..the pension funds are drying up ..there is a local in new york that is all yrc..close the doors and there pension is gone not to mention there job..nobody wants to give them anything but we need to be seperated from YRC ... YRC stand for yellow ruins companies..later

Well if bubba came in and ***** you once, then close the doors before he does it again..
I'd rather close now than give yrc anymore of my money so they can close in a year.

This whole deal may be a union busting play in disguise. I'll bet someone at the round table suggested they use this economic crisis to get-r-done. Maybe overheard, "hey, it's now or never"... and, "Yea, we can call it New Penny Motor Express".

NP road(~12y)
NP city (~6y)
union (~22y)