FedEx Freight | Paying for uniforms?

The way I understood it was they are giving us a 50.00 allowance and we pay the rest. I will ware mine until they fall apart.::shit::

New hires get $200 to get the ball rolling but $50 is what we'll get. The warm climate guys may do better seeing that there will be no need to "buy" that big honkin' parka and other seasonal items.

A few of us tried to place our yearly allotment now seeing we are due....trying to beat the June 1st deadline....NO DICE!!!

So much for being an image driven company.

Maybe us tattered and torn uniform wearing drivers should keep a tin cup close by, I'm sure the public will have that urge to toss us a few coins.

I'm thinking there are other places to cut $$$ other than our own back pockets....so to speak.

You can deduct your uniforms, batteries, flashlights, gloves and even hammers. If you use it for work, you can deduct it from taxes. Yes even your CB radio is tax deductable. If can also deduct Windex for cleaning your tractor. Talking about taxes, all you road drivers out there, if you stop and Mickey Dees for a cheese burger, if it is 125 from home, its a lunch expense and yes its tax deductable.

For federal taxes you need to a have so many dollars before you can go long form .... On our personal taxes we have not had that amount for many years ...(I guess we are not in ..DEBT ...enough )... but on our business ....EVERY expense goes for a tax deduction against the gross... even if its only a penny.

good luck .... I have found a lot of people don't have a clue on taxes ... and say things that sound good..... but won't even help them ....

I depend on and use a CPA ...because the rules change ... and its tax deduction ...for the business.

you will be sent home if you show up with torn and ragady uniform:nutkick: what a bunch of bs, sheridan wouldnt have thought of having his drivers wearing worn out uniforms. the american flag was cool also.

As of June 1st the new uniform policy is: you are given a $50 allowance which will allow you one pair of pants and two shirts. Not sure about the shipping. I bet they will do payroll deductions for shipping and overage.

As of June 1st the new uniform policy is: you are given a $50 allowance which will allow you one pair of pants and two shirts. Not sure about the shipping. I bet they will do payroll deductions for shipping and overage.

June 1st from how this reads.