FedEx Freight | Paying for uniforms?

And after they fall apart, I'll be looking forward to wearing my jeans and t-shirts again! They want me to PAY FOR UNIFORMS I NEVER ASKED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE???? Now that's funny!

Do you reckon that if I don't spend the money on uniforms, they will send me a check at the end of the year:biglaugh:, then start over on the next year, or will they let me roll it over so I can have $160 the next to buy the parka and whatever else I need?:shift:

The prices are the the order form. Shirts are $15, pants are $13. I think the parka is about $60. Can't remember the other stuff, but I was told that if you do need to exceed your $130 allowance, you can get more, but there are some hoops to jump thru. It all seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Pants and shirt 28.00x5=140.00
If you can get more why change the program?:TR10driving03:

I heard from a driver in Texas that the allotment went to $130.00. We`ve not had a "meeting" yet. I work in Ohio. Anyone know about a Federal Law governing this issue. I looked but haven`t found anything yet, but when and if I do, I will post it here.

Our CSM told us the amount had gone up to $130 and anything after that we had to fork over out of our own pocket. And yes you can claim it on your taxes, have done so since 1998 for any uniform items that I purchased above what was issued, along with gloves, batteries and flashlights.

I heard from a driver in Texas that the allotment went to $130.00. We`ve not had a "meeting" yet. I work in Ohio. Anyone know about a Federal Law governing this issue. I looked but haven`t found anything yet, but when and if I do, I will post it here.

Never worked for a LTL but everywhere I have worked in Texas if the co required it they had to pay for it.

what"s next

what"s next? they give you a raise then go up on your insurance. they do away with the 401-k match.now they tell us we will not get a raise this year and probally still going to go up on the insurance. now they dont want to pay for uniforms and want the employee"s to take money out of there own pocket to purchase uniforms with there logo on it if the 130.00 aint enough to last a year.i guess next they will be telling us that we are not employee"s we are contractor"s and we will have to decide if we would like to sign a contract to lease the tractor you drive.

what"s next? they give you a raise then go up on your insurance. they do away with the 401-k match.now they tell us we will not get a raise this year and probally still going to go up on the insurance. now they dont want to pay for uniforms and want the employee"s to take money out of there own pocket to purchase uniforms with there logo on it if the 130.00 aint enough to last a year.i guess next they will be telling us that we are not employee"s we are contractor"s and we will have to decide if we would like to sign a contract to lease the tractor you drive.

If I'm paying for it the 2 min idle will be gone and turning it up to 75.... :nutkick::TR10driving03:

FM

Don't know about Federal law but in the state of California if an employer requires an employee to wear a uniform the employer must provide ALL of the required uniform.
That's why I never wore black boots (unless they came up in my boot rotation),never wore the regulation belt,and,got famous for this,wore a Kangol cap or other non-regulation cap.
For at least a year or so never wore the uniform pants.
Now,I did inform some Red Shirt types at a couple terminals of the California law and after awhile they left me alone.Perhaps,when I showed them a copy of the law it had an influence on their harassment tactics.

Don't have much information on this but happened to catch a segment of the Rush Limbaugh Show the other day and a guy called in that worked for Ford Motors.He stated that in June his life insurance benefit (an option in his benefits package) will be taxed as imputed income.Got a letter from the IRS informing him of same.
Did you vote for,"CHANGE"?

Without mentioning any names a friend of mine in MI called the MI dept of labor.And was told if it is a branded uniform required by your employer the company must pay for all uniform items.Including sock's belt's exc.

Without mentioning any names a friend of mine in MI called the MI dept of labor.And was told if it is a branded uniform required by your employer the company must pay for all uniform items.Including sock's belt's exc.

they ARE paying for your uniforms if they are given you a 100 or 130 credit or whatever per year.

The only time you will have to pay for uniforms is if you are really rough on your uniforms or decide to do your yardwork, work on the car, chop wood or wear it to sunday dinner every week or wear it when you and your friends play a pickup football game.

the rules on uniform policy all asscoiates get 130 dollars max per year for uniforms to be used on any combination pant,shirts jackets up to total cost of 130 dollars anything over is your cost .. it was 50 dollars but was changed to 130 dollars .. effective date june 1 . be patience management hasnt been schooled yet on this matter ..

they ARE paying for your uniforms if they are given you a 100 or 130 credit or whatever per year.

The only time you will have to pay for uniforms is if you are really rough on your uniforms or decide to do your yardwork, work on the car, chop wood or wear it to sunday dinner every week or wear it when you and your friends play a pickup football game.

So what about the people that ordered their dog and pony show suits when they were first required, what, five years ago out here in the west and never ordered any replacements? Mine were literally falling apart and I got my replacements just at the right time. Would $130 get me another full set? California labor law says that it better.

They changed it to 130.00 dollars

It doesn't matter if it is $500 a year .
We need to see the price list ...

All Weather Jacket $100
Pants $50
Shirts $50
Vest $ 100
Sweater $100
Sweatshirt $100

See what I mean ?
:duh:

Originally Posted by DBLB

Be gentle on me Jeff I was just replying to DBLB's question.I understand they are paying for the uniforms.The point I was making was that if there was any overage the company is responsible in some states.

do not have price list, but this is the allowance given.
CITY DRIVER, P&D DRIVER, ROAD DRIVER- $130
DOCK EMPLOYEE- $105
OPERATIONS- $130
SCM/ASCM- $80

It doesn't matter if it is $500 a year .
We need to see the price list ...

All Weather Jacket $100
Pants $50
Shirts $50
Vest $ 100
Sweater $100
Sweatshirt $100

See what I mean ?
:duh:

I actually bought 2 pair of pants not long ago, they were about 13 bucks a pair, I'm sure you can get at least a full set a yr if you want, just not a new jacket and coat every year, at our meeting they said the coats were the most expensive at around 60 bucks.

They also said that they can order above that amount but have to jump through hoops to get it, for things like tearing clothing while working etc.

FM