PayPal Experiences Anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

I have an old helmet that I am selling to a buyer in Europe and he is supposed to pay me via PayPal. I have dealt with PayPal through E-Bay with no problems but they protect both buyer and seller there. This is a straight deal between me and the buyer. Is there any chance the money could be put into my account then yanked back out on me?
Thanks for any help.

Pretty Risky man... Especially an over seas transaction

That's what I'm feeling and is why I am asking.

If you are confident with ebay create an auction and set a buy it now price and give him the link to buy it now....

And I would think that the buyer should be equally if not more concerned.

This is only an opinion, not necessarily fact, but I think the money can not be retracted, it would be up to you to issue a refund, otherwise once the money is in your account I don't think it can be retracted. If this isn't an Ebay deal it would seem the buyer is taking more of a risk than you are since he has to send the money first, right?

This is only an opinion, not necessarily fact, but I think the money can not be retracted, it would be up to you to issue a refund, otherwise once the money is in your account I don't think it can be retracted. If this isn't an Ebay deal it would seem the buyer is taking more of a risk than you are since he has to send the money first, right?

If someone pays with a credit card via PayPal.. I think the charges can be disputed and leave the seller with no funds and no product

My research on PayPal site had procedure for buyer to file a dispute. If the guy got the thing and said he didn't I could have a problem.

My research on PayPal site had procedure for buyer to file a dispute. If the guy got the thing and said he didn't I could have a problem.

escrow.com .... it will cost 25 bucks for their services

I sent him E-Mail and suggested E-Bay, will have to see what he says.

I am also leery that it could be a scam to get enough of my information to steal my identity.

I am also leery that it could be a scam to get enough of my information to steal my identity.

well hell man...

i already know your name, address, and shoe size, and your $4.09 in your savings account.>!!!.....

but, international stuff, stay away from. i would put the item up on eBay instead of selling it privately...

How about sending it UPS or Fed Ex COD???

I advised my son to do that with a domestic purchase. As soon as I said that to the seller, deal fell through.

Nominal fee for UPS to handle the cash

That did cross my mind. Not knowing the first thing about international shipping has been the hardest part for me and I don't know that COD is an option. Actually COD fees are pretty steep, I have collected some in my days.