ODFL | Payscale Understanding

imported_kikbxr

TB Lurker
Credits
Just Started W/the Company A Few Days Ago And I Am Not Fully Shure How The Pay Escallates Over The 2 Year Period. I Do Know That After Your First 90 Days That You Get A $.50 Cents Raise,,,,,,,,,,,then How Is The Breakdown To Top Out In 2 Years ? After 3 Days W/ The Company It Seems To Be 1 Of The Better Ltl Companies In The Industry Yet It Is Too Soon To Jump To Conclusion. Thanks For Any Insight.

kikbxr said:
Just Started W/the Company A Few Days Ago And I Am Not Fully Shure How The Pay Escallates Over The 2 Year Period. I Do Know That After Your First 90 Days That You Get A $.50 Cents Raise,,,,,,,,,,,then How Is The Breakdown To Top Out In 2 Years ? After 3 Days W/ The Company It Seems To Be 1 Of The Better Ltl Companies In The Industry Yet It Is Too Soon To Jump To Conclusion. Thanks For Any Insight.
Hope you get your answer soon maybe their is not just a answer if you had experience you may have been hired on for more than a rookie. Someone that worked the dock and went through driver training may get another deal. Your TM may not even know exactly how your raises will come. You can count on them coming in stages over a two year period at the intervals that the payroll department guidelines to your situation and will receive full pay in two years. Often this comes two weeks after you think it should have. At OD you may not always understand how they are going to do what they say you just can count on them keeping their word. Good luck I hope you enjoy your new job.

kikbxr said:
unless things have changed it's.
30 days
60 days
90 days
1yr
2yr

Thanks Brutus some OD school trainees have told me that they get full scale in one year after school but that may vary on how long they have been working the dock. Anyway I do not keep up with it just know it is in black and white somewhere.

sparky said:
Thanks Brutus some OD school trainees have told me that they get full scale in one year after school but that may vary on how long they have been working the dock. Anyway I do not keep up with it just know it is in black and white somewhere.
a lot has to do with the t.m also. i worked the dock for a year and then went Thur the school and my TM started me out at top scale.i have seen some guy start at first year pay and then be at top in a year.but that just means no raises for the first year.(only the company one) but it's been 3 years since i worked for OD and things can and will change.

been in ltl for 16 yrs as a driver/dock hand & 25 years total as a driver. @ a training class on last week,toward the end of the session the assistant t.m. stated that the first increase would be in 90 days. he addressed that to a group of about 10 new hires during a training on hand held equipment as well as other esential information.:horse:
sparky said:
Hope you get your answer soon maybe their is not just a answer if you had experience you may have been hired on for more than a rookie. Someone that worked the dock and went through driver training may get another deal. Your TM may not even know exactly how your raises will come. You can count on them coming in stages over a two year period at the intervals that the payroll department guidelines to your situation and will receive full pay in two years. Often this comes two weeks after you think it should have. At OD you may not always understand how they are going to do what they say you just can count on them keeping their word. Good luck I hope you enjoy your new job.

I ran from od with only my pride.... never got a straight answer from anyone. i believe for me almost 3 yrs ago it was 1 dollar after 90 days and a dollar after 1 yr and 2 yrs

When I worked there I was at top rate in less than six months. The decision was based on experience so said my terminal mgr. Just my input as to how it was for me. I had 12 years linehaul experience at the time.

recieved an answer this past week from the assisstant t.m. it is 90 days,1 yr, 18 months,2 yrs.. did start out above the rookie drivers scale ,but slightly less than i requested. thanks for all of the response:showoff: :bicycle:
sparky said:

the company leaves most of it up to the tm within the first year youll get your training increase then after that its up to the tm if he wants to give u a raise within that year if he dosent by the end of that year the company puts it up to a dollar automatically as far as the top rate in 2 years thing i dont know how that works this is what i heard from the regional vp at our sept rase meeting.

Our TM starts drivers with experience out at the 1 year rate, so the wont get a raise during their first year. Things have changes since I started here. P&D tops out at 3 years, and linehaul tops out after 2 years. When I started it was 3 years as well.

.4670 cents per mile, this year, central region. reach top scale in at least two years. Pay raise every year detirmined on profit of company. May reach top scale sooner depending on experience.

thing

I believe the pay scale is a T/M thing.There is a scale but he can adjust it as he sees fit.