Pitt-Ohio | payscale

blue4242

TB Lurker
Credits
I've heard good things about pitt-ohio from a few drivers I ran into. I was curious as to what the pay scale is for linehaul drivers?

Drivers pay

Job Title : City Class A Driver - Indianapolis
Interest Category : Drivers

Pay Scale : $18.05

Company : PITT OHIO EXPRESS

Department : City TT Driver

Terminal : Indianapolis

City : Indianapolis

State : Indiana

Part Time/FullTime : Full Time

Qualifications : A minimum age of 23 years of age. All city tractor trailer drivers must have two years of verifiable driving experience or a minimum of one year verifiable driving experience and a diploma from an accredited driving school that Pitt Ohio Express approves.

All Drivers must pass a Pitt Ohio driving test administered by an approved Pitt Ohio Trainer or Pitt Ohio Personnel.
Job Summary
Company Job ID: 0309
------------------------------------------
Job Title: Drivers - Local Class A

Company: PITT OHIO EXPRESS

Job Classification : Full Time

Hours/Week: not provided

Salary Range: $ 18.55 per hour

Education: High School Diploma or GED

Required Degree/
Formal Training: not provided

Required Licenses/
Certificates : CDL Class A

Experience: Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)

Company
Homepage: http://www.pitto...

Job Description

PITT OHIO EXPRESS, a high service, highly profitable Mid-Atlantic LTL carrier, is seeking professional, experienced drivers for our Columbus, OH Terminal.

Leading - edge technology and world-class customer service contribute to the continued success of our organization. This position offers energetic individuals the opportunity to work in a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary. PITT OHIO EXPRESS has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO EXPRESS.

Qualified applicants must complete an application to be considered for employment You can apply on line at PITT OHIO EXPRESS Online - Home

i have a interview setup, they told me over the phone that linehaul start is .42 something and top is .45 or so

home everynight, think i will cancel interview

its really not that big of a difference but our hub drivers are .465 now i think they are supposedly home every night

our linehaul is .505 top right now, most is home everynight with a bid run. our extraboard which is out all week is .51 i think

not so sure what kind of miles you are going to get out of indy

C'mon over here to Yellow! We are at 54.40 for line haul...With a raise coming this April.

:1036316054:

you left the part out about when they hire you , you'll be lucky if they call 75 times the first year or so depending on your barn to work. yellow would be great for me if i could find a way to survive first couple years here in cleveland.im to scared to try.the guy almost hired me in november in richfield but i backed out of it.i bet id only of worked less than 5 times by now.lol

Your right it is very rough your first couple of years...I would not want to go through it again. But I guess that is true with about any driving job...going to have to pay your dues no matter what.

yea pull doubles and drive junk not home every night... then thats only if you get past 3 years of "on call" , maybe you will work maybe you wont...

It's all good to say just come on over to yellow but I have friends there and I have been trying to get on in nashville for 1 year. Not wanting 15-20 hours week! the best they have right now is - numerous drivers w/o runs!!

Pitt-Ohio Linehaul

I interviewed for the job at Pitt-Ohio this week. All linehaul leaves at 9:00 PM in the evening, meaning you have to drive all night and sleep in the daytime. The guy told me that they do not now, nor will they ever have any daytime linehaul.

The good thing about Pitt is they fully pay for your family medical with no contribution from the employee, but of course, that is subject to change.

Well I know at yellow you will start out at 75% of top pay and then to 85% and then 95% and then 100% and you will have to work you way up... to getting enough time in to run alot....depends on where you live...Indy and Coh are hardly working bottom of board.....the guy at Estes told you right except the higher paid guys are more like wild drivers and they stay gone all week most of the time according to my neighbor...but Pitt Ohio...I really don't know, I thought they went to trip pay...and I don't want that............

I have been with Pitt for over 11 years, and have never thought about going anywhere.
Yes line haul runs at night, but most ltl is this way. To have most all frt. del next day, this is the way it is. The pay is in line with most, the
benifits is the plus along with new equipment and no doubles.

hey bryan, who do you drive for? You act as though your company is the best out here. Our old equipment may be junk, but we have new equipment coming in all the time. I'm sure your company has some junk as well. I've been here 8 years and average about 80k/year. As far as doubles, I wouldn't have it any other way. Either you are afraid of pulling pups or you have a hard time pulling one trailer so two may be too stessful for you

to much negativity on here.........pitt-ohio is just like p-jax........same family until there buy out......bad blood between the families but pitt will sell out eventually cuz they wont turn down the big $$$$$$ that the hammels got for p-jax. so who knows you will still be driving junk, but if you dont want to thats ok cuz like now you will still be at the bottom of the pay scale compared to alot of others.......:biglaugh:

I always heard that if you are hrly, they don't pay O.T.
Is this still true

gotta go! Sanjaya is soon to be on!!!!!

:Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01:

I have been with Pitt for over 11 years, and have never thought about going anywhere.
Yes line haul runs at night, but most ltl is this way. To have most all frt. del next day, this is the way it is. The pay is in line with most, the
benifits is the plus along with new equipment and no doubles.

Doubles aren't bad, I never had any trouble in ice or snow, rain, freezing fog or anything else that gave me fits with a straight trailer, some guys swear that a set is better on ice than one long trailer, I have slid around on ice with both and would prefer not to drive in it at all but you got to do what you got to do!!