Yellow | Pension cuts till 2022 holding retirees hostage

Roadway spy

Banned
Credits
A great deal of that occurred in the first quarter, when it agreed to extend the maturity of its contribution deferral agreement notes with the Teamsters from December 2019 to December 2022, reducing the principal but paying a short-term hit of $25 million.

Adds up to be more like 8 to 9 percent every year before 65. Why are we being single out this company need to die. Hell with the 15%.

What??????
I’m 59 with 34 years if I go before 65 in central states 6 years early, 9%x6=54% of my retirement deducted . Abf has no penalty.
Yrc will only pay 25 million of the 100 million back in 2019 to central states these cuts stay intact till 2022.
Yrc sucks. 2400 a month without penalty
1200 with penalty at 59 bull ::shit::.

With the average age at Yrc being 56 or so y’all boys worry about 15% and week vacation is the wrong thing. Guess there’s not many at my age with years im not going to sit around and watch the cars rust pretty much the retirement at Yrc.
The end

"Yrc will only pay 25 million of the 100 million back in 2019 to central states these cuts stay intact till 2022."
These cuts stay intact much longer than 2022. The cuts aren't because of the money owed to CS , the cuts are because we are basically in the default contribution status. You lose all early and " out" benifts when your under this contribution schedule.

The pension will be gone when I retire. I've given up on that promise.
I'm 64 and have a great job I enjoy. Keep telling myself to retire while the pension exists, but then it will run out when ill be 71, and forced to go back to work, so why quit now? I've written them to ask for a waiver from the "you must be in retirement for a year at 65 to take a driving job", and let me keep my job and bank the (then) 6 years or less payout, so I'd have SOMETHING. So far, their answer is NO!

I was told by the hall if the 100 million was paid all penalty’s would go away so wait to April 2019 to retire but since I know I come to work to hope failure on this company. This company is a disgrace to labor, America and humanity.

I was told by the hall if the 100 million was paid all penalty’s would go away so wait to April 2019 to retire but since I know I come to work to hope failure on this company. This company is a disgrace to labor, America and humanity.
That is definitely a first to here that. For one thing, not all of the 100 million is Central States, that is a collective amount that was not paid to all funds. I will ask around, but I think someone is giving you incorrect information. You can not just stop paying your bargined contribution rate without repercussions.

If this is actually fact, I would push my retirement date back. Heard our BA telling a group of people that good news will be coming out in November concerning the pension. Of course he didn’t elaborate.

If this is actually fact, I would push my retirement date back. Heard our BA telling a group of people that good news will be coming out in November concerning the pension. Of course he didn’t elaborate.
He's referring to the decision that should be made by Congress on what to do with this mess. If you listen to the last special committee meeting they had , some of the senators were bringing up how" all stake holders must have a part in this" code word for cuts are probably coming, but no one knows for sure.

I’m 59 with 34 years if I go before 65 in central states 6 years early, 9%x6=54% of my retirement deducted . Abf has no penalty.
Yrc will only pay 25 million of the 100 million back in 2019 to central states these cuts stay intact till 2022.
Yrc sucks. 2400 a month without penalty
1200 with penalty at 59 bull :::shit:::.
Remember the rank & file @ YRC voted for the 'BULL'. Not ONCE but Twice. "BULL" has been the flavor for the last decade @ YRC because the members voted for it. von.

Remember the rank & file @ YRC voted for the 'BULL'. Not ONCE but Twice. "BULL" has been the flavor for the last decade @ YRC because the members voted for it. von.

But honestly von, do you think there would even be any rank and file at YRCW if they were paying an additional $220 million per year for full pension contributions?
If not, the cuts would already be in place with the PBGC and they wouldn’t be pretty for those of you already retired..

But honestly von, do you think there would even be any rank and file at YRCW if they were paying an additional $220 million per year for full pension contributions?
If not, the cuts would already be in place with the PBGC and they wouldn’t be pretty for those of you already retired..
Brian Buhle of Local 135 explained to me if they had voted NO the first vote give away, YRC would have closed the doors. And, I believed him. But the second time they voted to slit their own throats, was a gift from heaven for YRC. Be interesting to see how the rank & file vote next year. I expect to see them settle for less or very little like the recent ABF vote. I hope that is not the case. BUT, I expect it based on all the previous evidence. von.

The way the current YRC contract stands now you need to work 80 years to receive 20 years of full retirement pension payments. 1. Why do people continue to slit their own throat. 2. Why are they not working for another employer (union or not) that offers something not so cruel?

Brian Buhle of Local 135 explained to me if they had voted NO the first vote give away, YRC would have closed the doors. And, I believed him. But the second time they voted to slit their own throats, was a gift from heaven for YRC. Be interesting to see how the rank & file vote next year. I expect to see them settle for less or very little like the recent ABF vote. I hope that is not the case. BUT, I expect it based on all the previous evidence. von.
No vote would have closed the doors is B.S. , because YRCW gave them all BONUSES , after each Giveback vote and plus so what shut the doors , because when one closes another ones opens , so 2019 get ready for same B.S. speech :heykoolaid: