Yellow | Pension cuts till 2022 holding retirees hostage

No vote would have closed the doors is B.S. , because YRCW gave them all BONUSES , after each Giveback vote and plus so what shut the doors , because when one closes another ones opens , so 2019 get ready for same B.S. speech :heykoolaid:
Just repeating what he said. And he was in the thick of the talks in getting the contract passed. Might not like his answer but he knew what he was talking about. He was the lead on the first UPS Frieght Teamster contract & many more thru out the country when not @ Local 135. Like him or not he knew what worked & what didn't. And, how it would go down. von.

He also told me that the investors who hold the note on the YRC Loan, if they choose, call the note anytime, & close the doors for non payment. So far they seem to be making more money open than losing it closed. Maybe one of the main reasons YRC is still in business. Just saying. von.

Brian Buhle of Local 135 explained to me if they had voted NO the first vote give away, YRC would have closed the doors. And, I believed him. But the second time they voted to slit their own throats, was a gift from heaven for YRC. Be interesting to see how the rank & file vote next year. I expect to see them settle for less or very little like the recent ABF vote. I hope that is not the case. BUT, I expect it based on all the previous evidence. von.

1st off NOT disrespecting anybody ,but WHY are they still paying $3000 to $3500 a month to guys retired while cutting for guys that are going to retire or NONE for the younger guys after 2025 ???????? and WHY did they do that 25 & out at $2500 a month years ago too ?? and WHY did Hoffa let UPS out of fund ??? and WHY didn't they start these cuts 20 years ago when all these companies were going under ?? this whole CSPF was a poor idea from day one , it should have been a matching 401-K that ONLY you control and union can't touch it .

Last edited:
1st off NOT disrespecting anybody ,but WHY are they still paying $3000 to $3500 a month to guys retired while cutting for guys that are going to retire or NONE for the younger guys after 2025 ???????? and WHY did they do that 25 & out at $2500 a month years ago too ?? and WHY did Hoffa let UPS out of fund ??? and WHY didn't they start these cuts 20 years ago when all these companies were going under ?? this whole CSPF was a poor idea from day one , it should have been a matching 401-K that ONLY you control and union can't touch it .
cause we're special, wong.

2 words will answer your questions. 1. Greed. 2. Money. von.

since they started all this upper management has probably receive nearly the $220 million in bonus's

I think the safest response is 'I have no idea what I am talking about'. Feels so good to get it off your chest. von.

I'm not about to start a fuss, I feel very fortunate to have worked for the best company in the business for 35
years, I've been drawing from CS, since 1990, if I never draw another check, you will never hear a complaint from me.
I do get upset when Wong wants 70 mph trucks, I didn't see many of those until PIE west coast trucks came over.
We got to drive them about a year before they were traded.
And no Wong, you don't need a new popcorn machine in the drivers room.

I'm not about to start a fuss, I feel very fortunate to have worked for the best company in the business for 35
years, I've been drawing from CS, since 1990, if I never draw another check, you will never hear a complaint from me.
I do get upset when Wong wants 70 mph trucks, I didn't see many of those until PIE west coast trucks came over.
We got to drive them about a year before they were traded.
And no Wong, you don't need a new popcorn machine in the drivers room.

And, I hope you draw another 28 years, at least!!