Yellow | Pension cuts till 2022 holding retirees hostage

Borrowed? We’re blessed to be above the dirt, every second. Time is the most precious commodity. But, borrowed? We can never pay it back, only forward.
I've tried and tried to get internet hookups for my company's fine (below the dirt) products. No luck, so far.... I'm sure it would be a great selling point. But what do I know??????

I was told by the hall if the 100 million was paid all penalty’s would go away so wait to April 2019 to retire but since I know I come to work to hope failure on this company. This company is a disgrace to labor, America and humanity.
This company is a shining star in American labor and business. Just ask Ms Fisher.

The way the current YRC contract stands now you need to work 80 years to receive 20 years of full retirement pension payments. 1. Why do people continue to slit their own throat. 2. Why are they not working for another employer (union or not) that offers something not so cruel?
The last time I was laid off I talked to a number of those companies and none of them offered me a job. I was in my mid fifties and a teamster, I really don't think that is a good combination to get hired by most non union companies. I know everyone says there is such a trucker shortage that it is easy to get a job but I think that a lot of the non unions would rather hope for the best with a young guy with no experience than an old guy that has teamster stamped on his forehead.

The last time I was laid off I talked to a number of those companies and none of them offered me a job. I was in my mid fifties and a teamster, I really don't think that is a good combination to get hired by most non union companies. I know everyone says there is such a trucker shortage that it is easy to get a job but I think that a lot of the non unions would rather hope for the best with a young guy with no experience than an old guy that has teamster stamped on his forehead.
Sad that business think like that. They put their company @ risk for the almighty dollar. Rookie drivers are so much better for the bottom line than seasoned veterans. Until they run in to the back of mom, dad, & the 2 kids resulting in a 5 million dollar judgement. But hey, that is how we operate in this country. von.

I'm 64 and have a great job I enjoy. Keep telling myself to retire while the pension exists, but then it will run out when ill be 71, and forced to go back to work, so why quit now? I've written them to ask for a waiver from the "you must be in retirement for a year at 65 to take a driving job", and let me keep my job and bank the (then) 6 years or less payout, so I'd have SOMETHING. So far, their answer is NO!

You also have social security, so retire already, you could be dead in a month.

You also have social security, so retire already, you could be dead in a month.
Possible, but most of my family history is relatives living to their late 90s, early 100s. SSI maxes out at 70. With CSPF broke when I hit 71, might as well max SSI out, work until at least 70. Might work til 70 1/2 , just to be able to collect CSPF and still drive, just to tick people off..?

That was my experience too. People who claim shut YRC down, and the other LTLs will hire them might be surprised...