ABF | Pension Fund

mustache

TB Legend
Credits
Just talked with ABF city driver in KANSAS CITY said were shown a video that say's ABF want's OUT of Pension Fund, to the cost of $500Mi. and Has CASH to do so. COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustache said:
Just talked with ABF city driver in KANSAS CITY said were shown a video that say's ABF want's OUT of Pension Fund, to the cost of $500Mi. and Has CASH to do so. COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy saw the same video and said that ABF does want to get out of the Health and Welfare part of the NMFA because they can provide better and cheaper benefits for their workers themselves. Sure they could by cutting out all of their retirees from future benefits. Time will tell what will happen?

Heard from a reliable source that ABF"S video came up missing in K.C. and calls were made to Tyson J. & Phil Y. Sr. wait and see.

sure they want out of the health and welfare package... they say it's cheaper... BUTdo you want your employer to know that you're on anxiety meds, that your kid is taking ritalin, and you and the Mrs. are undergoing fertalization therapy because you're sterile????your employer will have total access to your files if they're the sole provider... think about it

Oh give me a fricken break. ABF as well as Yellow-Roadway are sick and tired for paying for all the other union companies that have gone under. Why should ABF and Yellow-Roadway pay an increase in the health & welfare every contract just so the Teamsters can keep there health & welfare funded for all the other retired employees that never worked for ABF or Yellow-Roadway.
Your statement was one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. ABF just wants to provide health insurance and there own private pension to ABF employees only. They don't care if your sterile or your kids are on ritalin. so dumbass YOU THINK ABOUT IT!!

1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.

wow... areal bright comment from a so called teamster... i bet you're in management and you need to learn to spell. last time i responded to an ******* like you i got banned for a couple days. so i'll keep it to myself.why don't you just quit and go to fedex. you talk about it enough

Actually, it doesn't matter if your health care is with the teamsters or on a single company plan. There is no way that an employer can learn about your condition, your family or what sort of treatment you are on. The federal regulation is called HIPPA. Doctors can't disclose this stuff to anyone. It is a volation of federal law. You know how you have to sign all those forms once a year at the doctors office? That's what it is for.

For your info I'm a 3rd generatation teamster and been on since 2000, and yes I do talk about going to FedEx because I am sick and tired of teamsters like you who talk without thinking.
And Hockey Puck's statement is right is right.
Also you never explained why ABF and Yellow should keep paying more.
Just remember the Teamsters is nothing without a good, profitable company, so yes I think about the company too. Thats what Teamsters like you forget.

Anybody heard anything else about the video? Has it been shown in other ABF barns or just KC? ABF management showing that seemed kinda strange to me.

Hockey Puck said:
Anybody heard anything else about the video? Has it been shown in other ABF barns or just KC? ABF management showing that seemed kinda strange to me.
It was shown in Louisville, KY too.

stoneyABF said:
Why should ABF and Yellow-Roadway pay an increase in the health & welfare every contract just so the Teamsters can keep there health & welfare funded for all the other retired employees that never worked for ABF or Yellow-Roadway.
Just a point of information : Not all retirees receive medical benefits.
Each geographical area controls their own pension funds, some are in better shape then others, however once a person has retired, those funds are supposed to have already received enough to cover that particular retiree.
If you think that a company who wants to control their pension funds has any other motive other then to control that money for their own purpose, then you need to look at some other companies who have failed and taken all their employees retirement money with them when the ship sunk.

Hockey Puck said:
Nothing strange about it at all. We get paid to watch safty movies each month and we get paid to watch quarterly reports each quarter.

stoney, do you want the fine folks at abf to have sole control of your pension money? maybe you should look up what happened to polaroid employees... how about enron????if they start talking about a 401k or an annuity, you better grab your wallet.

Divide and conquer my friends. Why do you think they want to split up these pensions? Companies don't do things to benefit employees anymore, only themselves.

:wavey: Hving never worked for u.p.s.,,yet they are the largest contribitor towards the multi-employer contribution within central states which includes Yellow-Roadway,ABF,etc,,,which seems like that all companies want out due to their own (camouflage)reasons. whos` really telling the truth:duh:
stoneyABF said:
Oh give me a fricken break. ABF as well as Yellow-Roadway are sick and tired for paying for all the other union companies that have gone under. Why should ABF and Yellow-Roadway pay an increase in the health & welfare every contract just so the Teamsters can keep there health & welfare funded for all the other retired employees that never worked for ABF or Yellow-Roadway.
Your statement was one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. ABF just wants to provide health insurance and there own private pension to ABF employees only. They don't care if your sterile or your kids are on ritalin. so dumbass YOU THINK ABOUT IT!!

1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.

:bgroovy: Well said,Well said,Well said,etc:duh:
flstc2000 said:
Just a point of information : Not all retirees receive medical benefits.
Each geographical area controls their own pension funds, some are in better shape then others, however once a person has retired, those funds are supposed to have already received enough to cover that particular retiree.
If you think that a company who wants to control their pension funds has any other motive other then to control that money for their own purpose, then you need to look at some other companies who have failed and taken all their employees retirement money with them when the ship sunk.

Hahaha, Imagine All The Managers At Abf Finding Out That Their Employees Are All Nutz! And, If The Employees Are Nutz, What Does That Make The Managers?? Hospital Material, Hospital Material! Lock 'em Up!! Lock Up All The Managers Now!!!! (don't Worry About It--sue Them If They Get Into Your Private Matters. Personally, I Think It Sucks, But I'm Just A Pee-on Anyhow...)

Video

ABF shows a video every quarter & the quarterly results are discussed. I have mixed emotions about UPS, ABF, Yellow etc. starting their own pensions funds. Even though we work for a very trustworthy employer I don't trust companies to be given a blank check on pensions. If ABF at some point were to be sold or go through another takeover attempt & be unsuccessful at fighting off corporate raiders, the next management team might raid the pension fund. Safeguards will have to be in place before I will agree to a change. I am sure that ABF could give even more to a pension fund if it was for ABF employees only.