TForce | Pension question

wassesname said:
i sat in 2 meetings this week, one exec said the pension is 107% funded and the other said it is 103.3% funded. big difference.
Difference in what the stock market did since the last quarter?

It is a BIG difference. Last year in the meetings, our pension was on 95% funded or less. Can't remember the exact % but it was less than 100%.

i heard a 3.7% drop in our untouchable pension fund from the people giveing the meetings. obviously they are not on the same page. 2 people, 2 figures, 2 days.

wassesname said:
i heard a 3.7% drop in our untouchable pension fund from the people giveing the meetings. obviously they are not on the same page. 2 people, 2 figures, 2 days.
Or Lying?:nutkick:

In our meeting they just said that it is over 100% funded. The key is 100%. It may bounce one or two points, but as long as it stays at or above 100%, I'm ok with that. I'll get the same amount if it is 100% or 120%. It is just if it goes below 100%, I might get less.

It's been so long ago when hubby went to work for Overnite, I can't remember which he picked. I am surprised they didn't have to complete a new form when we did all the benefit packages. Heck we had to send copies of birth certificates, marriage licenses, copy of tax return, etc.

yes good point but what is it, what is the next chief gonna say? UPS wants consistancy and i kinda do as well. which figure am i going to base my decision on. we need to educate ourselves on different issues and come home with conflicting info from the same side. oh by the way, Yellow/roadway and ABF are not our competition (according to todays guest speaker) they are in a different market.

wassesname said:
yes good point but what is it, what is the next chief gonna say? UPS wants consistancy and i kinda do as well. which figure am i going to base my decision on. we need to educate ourselves on different issues and come home with conflicting info from the same side. oh by the way, Yellow/roadway and ABF are not our competition (according to todays guest speaker) they are in a different market.
Hmmm, wonder what market that is?

we ran out of time , last question you know. will have to tune in tomorrow for the next chief to find out. Seinfeld couldnt write stuff this goofy.

wassesname said:
we ran out of time , last question you know. will have to tune in tomorrow for the next chief to find out. Seinfeld couldnt write stuff this goofy.
lol, was thinking of something like that myself.

wassesname said:
i sat in 2 meetings this week, one exec said the pension is 107% funded and the other said it is 103.3% funded. big difference.
OH your being sooooo picky......Man what does it matter they got our best interests in mind......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So when I get the info from the company about this great pension, where do I go to check up on their words of wisdom....Or is it a "trust me thing"????

Our meeting was mostly same old same old..

everything is going to be very good in the future.
We only had questions from three drivers?
I guess the rest of them must of dosed off,or were day dreaming of what they were going to do after work?

Who knows?
They all had a lot of comments days before the meeting?

One question was written down with the upper management guy saying he'd find out, and get back to us.

The other two questions including my tired old question I've asked for my 20 years of service with our company,got the answer dance.

Thats when their answering by dancing around the question.

Well at least I kind-a,sort-a, got an answer?
As much as I'll ever get I guess?

Other than thats a good qestion I'll have to get back with you.

The thing I really got a good laugh at was my TM that told him it was a good answer.

All I could say to that under my breath of course,was HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU???? what did he say?????????

Oh well at least I got my free fresh orange juice.
It was nice,and cold, also not from concentrate,thats the good stuff.
My TM spared no cost for all our drivers.
Although the eggs,home frys,and 1/2 cooked sausage was cold.
The bacon was well done.

Ah orange juice and bacon,now theres a good breakfast.

Apo,
What was your 20 year question? Just curious why it would take 20 years to answer a question. It must be a GOOD one!

I posted my question about a month ago,but..

here it is again.
Although I do have to give this guy some credit for attempting an answer,even though he did dance around the question.

I ask why is it that all the union carriers are hauling so much more freight than we are,given the fact that their employee costs are so much highier than ours,because they pay time,and a half after 8,and also that their retirement,and benefits under NMFA are so much greater?

Than as soon as I'm done with that one I always
Follow up with....Is UPS Freight hoggish on their rates?

I guess this is two questions stuck together?

Oh well.

He's the first one of these upper management dudes to say...Yes our rates are highier.

That was part of it,but than he says all the big union companies have to haul a lot of unprofitable freight to keep their freight lanes flowing.

I'm sorry thats when he lost me?
I could tell he seemed like he was dancing around that part of my question?

The only thing I get from this is he's just like all the other meeting leaders that we've had over the 20 years of my service,at Overnite/UPS Freight,in that he like me has little,or no idea?

My TM is used to me asking everyone this two part-er for a long time.

When he told this guy it was a good answer,I figured he wasn't paying very close attention to my question,or his answer.

One of his items brought up while giving his talk was,it seems only I picked up on?
This did leave me very puzzled?

He said UPS isn't helping us with any money,we'er on our own.

I'm thinking WHAT THE??????

Overnite closed their books April 30th of this year?
Wheres all the money coming from for all our operating costs?

My TM wanted us to get going on our routes.

But the next time I saw one of my co-workers I ran it by them.

Of course they we'er clueless on what I was talking about.

Gee Wiz was I the only one that was awake during the meeting?

Oh well its a free breakfast,that we even get paid for every quarter.
What more can I ask for?
LOVE THAT GOOD ORANGE JUICE !!