TForce | Pension question

APO,
You guys WILL NOT get real answers to any important questions. Your Mgmt. doesn't think you deserve them, or they don't want you to know the truth. These visits are nothing more than a poor attempt to get you guys to think that they care about what you think.......they don't. It's like a sales pitch to stay non Union so you'll never get to relax and take your lunch break. If the Union Carriers haul so much unprofitable freight, why did they post record numbers last year? I wonder how the travelling circus would've answered that question?

Well stldude44 every other meeting leader we'ev had..

never has addressed my question.
Thats why I keep asking it at all of our meetings for the 20 years I've been with our company.

When I was working a day here,and a day there with whatever union LTL I could get any time with.
11 companies to be exact.

Overnite was coming up north buying terminals of bankrupt union companies.

All of the union companies I was getting work with were very afraid of Overnite under cutting the union companies rates, because they could as a non-union company.

I was running into losing work to younger drivers.

This was back in the mid 80's .
There was nothing in the contract where you could build up time working as a spare for any union company.
They could us you ever day as long as you didn't gain enough time that they would have been required to put you on their books as full time.

I knew drivers that worked spare for up to 2 &1/2 years before they were hired.

So many union companies were dropping out because they couldn't operate with the discounting.

My last full time union company when't out,in early 86'.
Thats why I had to deal with this job search.

But now that I've gotten way off the subject.

After my local Teamsters union Represenitives weren't helping me,to get work.

The last straw,when I was finaly working full weeks with a company about to be hired.
I had a disagreement that could of easily been worked out with union representation.

But when I called the hall they said that they were sorry but they weren't going to help me.

Times were hard,and there were so many Teamsters out of work everyone, was on their own to try to get hired on where they could.

Sorry I didn't mean this post to be this long?
So to wrap it up.

I was able by the grace of God to hire on with Overnite.
After a short time of working with them,I found that the union companies had nothing to fear about Overnite under cutting their rates.

If that was going to be true, since they've come up north they could be triple their size.

But their rates have always been highier.
And its taken me all these years of asking them, for someone to admit why the union companies haul more freight than we do.

Although he only answered half the question.
Maybe I'll get the other half answered at the next quarterly meeting?

Apostolic said:
never has addressed my question.
Thats why I keep asking it at all of our meetings for the 20 years I've been with our company.

When I was working a day here,and a day there with whatever union LTL I could get any time with.
11 companies to be exact.

Overnite was coming up north buying terminals of bankrupt union companies.

All of the union companies I was getting work with were very afraid of Overnite under cutting the union companies rates, because they could as a non-union company.

I was running into losing work to younger drivers.

This was back in the mid 80's .
There was nothing in the contract where you could build up time working as a spare for any union company.
They could us you ever day as long as you didn't gain enough time that they would have been required to put you on their books as full time.

I knew drivers that worked spare for up to 2 &1/2 years before they were hired.

So many union companies were dropping out because they couldn't operate with the discounting.

My last full time union company when't out,in early 86'.
Thats why I had to deal with this job search.

But now that I've gotten way off the subject.

After my local Teamsters union Represenitives weren't helping me,to get work.

The last straw,when I was finaly working full weeks with a company about to be hired.
I had a disagreement that could of easily been worked out with union representation.

But when I called the hall they said that they were sorry but they weren't going to help me.

Times were hard,and there were so many Teamsters out of work everyone, was on their own to try to get hired on where they could.

Sorry I didn't mean this post to be this long?
So to wrap it up.

I was able by the grace of God to hire on with Overnite.
After a short time of working with them,I found that the union companies had nothing to fear about Overnite under cutting their rates.

If that was going to be true, since they've come up north they could be triple their size.

But their rates have always been highier.
And its taken me all these years of asking them, for someone to admit why the union companies haul more freight than we do.

Although he only answered half the question.
Maybe I'll get the other half answered at the next quarterly meeting?
Great post.....:rolleyes:

stldude44 said:
APO,
You guys WILL NOT get real answers to any important questions. Your Mgmt. doesn't think you deserve them, or they don't want you to know the truth. These visits are nothing more than a poor attempt to get you guys to think that they care about what you think.......they don't. It's like a sales pitch to stay non Union so you'll never get to relax and take your lunch break. If the Union Carriers haul so much unprofitable freight, why did they post record numbers last year? I wonder how the traveling circus would've answered that question?
They are called quarterly meetings we always have them....I'm sure you have them also at the Union terminals and union halls ?To keep you informed......We almost always at my term take lunch..............:smilie_132:

Johnnybegood said:
They are called quarterly meetings we always have them....I'm sure you have them also at the Union terminals and union halls ?To keep you informed......We almost always at my term take lunch..............:smilie_132:
JBG,
Your Company can call these sessions whatever they want....it all boils down the same as I described.....no real answers to the tough questions.
No, we don't have these meetings at Yellow.
Yes, we have monthly Union meetings, but the Company isn't invited.