Pension reform

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by Cmannhd70, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Cmannhd70

Cmannhd70 New Member

Skypilot, 6PakAbs and ABFer like this.
  2. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Yes,.....and other funds....(like mine...)....too

3. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

That is a nice start. Next let's see it be a viable plan for the long term, not just a can kick down the road.

the5tolls, Skypilot and SAC75 like this.
  4. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

This Bill,.....which my former Local Union President was working on,....and had gone to the CSPF Trustee's meeting to explain,...should limit defined-funds from filing a rehabilitation plan to no more than 20% of a reduction in benefits, while insuring long-term viability of "Red Zone" plans beyond 30 - 40 years. Ken Hall supposedly supports this plan. Jim Hoffa does not.

Now if it wasn't for Klein-Miller,...us retirees could continue to get what we earned. No politician talking about repealing that. .

Brown-Ryan Bill should be enough to keep distressed plans afloat without having to be forced into PBGI........which, itself, is distressed.

We can bail out fat, lazy Wall Street bankers who cheated people out of their homes,.........but we can't bail out working people's pension funds,....even though their failures were a direct result of those......filthy .....Wall Street bankers playing fast'n'loose with the rules,......and other people's money......

Trucker 206, the5tolls and ABFer like this.
  5. ABFer

Yep!!

canaryinthemine likes this.
  6. Seamus20

Seamus20 Active Member

Has little to no shot of passing thru this congress

7. ABFer

Any attention to the problem at all is progress. It is hard to believe how they paid bonuses to Wall Street bankers with our tax money and are just letting us wither on the vine the way they are, it's just not right.

8. Seamus20

Seamus20 Active Member

I agree any attention to the public of the crisis is helpful. However there has been several multi employer pension reform bills these past years dying on the floor without even being able to get enough support for them to be debated let alone brought to a vote. They bailout wall street etc bease that is where their campaign fund raise comes from. The Klein-Miller act was a disgrace to take away earned money from retirees. They don't care about the working men & women they care about donors

canaryinthemine and ABFer like this.