TForce | Pension vesting

As far as I know u cannot get it until a certain age or years of service plus age u have to see what plan t force is enlisted in Abf is peer 80 but even if your vested with 5 years can’t touch it unless your old enough or retire at a certain age but may receive only a percentage of pension if retiring younger than set age for full pension at retirement

No you can't get your pension with TForce until you retire. After 5 years you're fully vested but you'd only receive about $550 a month

No you can't get your pension with TForce until you retire. After 5 years you're fully vested but you'd only receive about $550 a month
Gotcha. I was curious if there was like a mandatory age you had to be , along with the vesting years. I'm a yellow guy and I have an interview with them this week . I'm 59 and the plan is to work till 65, but who knows . If I were offered a job and then left in under 5 yrs, be a waste. Lot to think about.

Is the pension under a 5 yr vesting period? Can you then take it right away or must you be a certain age to receive it?
5 years to be vested. There are 3 ways to get full retirement earned.
1. 5 years or more of service at age 65
2. 25 years of service at age 60
3. 30 years of service at age 55

The is another way to draw an amount at age 60
With less than 25 years, but with at least 10 year of service.
1. At age 60 you can draw 85% of earned and it goes up 3% for each year up to 65 years old.

This comes directly from the ups pension plan book. The TForce plan should be the same.

Last edited:
Gotcha. I was curious if there was like a mandatory age you had to be , along with the vesting years. I'm a yellow guy and I have an interview with them this week . I'm 59 and the plan is to work till 65, but who knows . If I were offered a job and then left in under 5 yrs, be a waste. Lot to think about.
The magic number here is 85. To get full benefits you need 30 years and 55 years of age, or 25 years of service at 60 y. o., or any combination that adds up to 85.
Anything less than 85 is a reduced %.

5 years to be vested. There are 3 ways to get full retirement earned.
1. 5 years or more of service at age 65
2. 25 years of service at age 60
3. 30 years of service at age 55

The is another way to draw an amount at age 60
With less than 25 years, but with at least 10 year of service.
1. At age 60 you can draw 85% of earned and it goes up 3% for each year up to 65 years old.
That's what I was looking for,thank you.