TForce | Pension

This is just my opinion and you know what those are like ,But as a teamster I want you in the union for sure ,But I think what you had from before you join should be yours to keep ,you earned that and it didnt have anything to do with the union,So I say all that no one but you should be able to touch.Then you join the union and like everyone else you have 5 years to become vested and you build on that pention with your years of service from that point on.I dont blame you for not wanting to let anyone take what you have already earned that is yours like money in the bank ,That should have nothing to do with joining the union and your new future with the teamsters,Now thats just how I see it I might be rong but I think thats the way it should be .As for being in the union you should be master freight just like everyone else no sweet heart deals or any of that we should all be the same in that respect with the contract,You dont want any white paper contract or any bull crap if your in, your the same as Road Way Yellow Holland ABF ,New Penn we should all be the same . Thats my feelings on it.We need to get togeather and stick togeather ,and I am sorry to say it dosent seem like the union even wants us to do that.

L8TFR8. If we get better in a white paper contract then what is currently in the master freight agreement, would we be the redheaded stepchild in the union? or would it give you guy's something better too shoot for?

Could a white paper contract be better?

Well thats a good question,I have never seen one that was better than the National master ,Again I might be rong but I allways thought of a white paper contract as some second rate deal they come up with .It allways seemed there was something less than what was provided for in the Master.My main concern is that you get all the benifits that everyone else gets and nothing less. dont let them trick you into giving you a dollar more one place and taking 5 dollars some place else on some little technacality that they sneak in with their interpatation of the language in a diffrent contract.I think there is strength in all being the same and going forward as one body.When your right arm dosent know what your left arm is doing it makes it kinda tuff.

Well thats a good question,I have never seen one that was better than the National master ,Again I might be rong but I allways thought of a white paper contract as some second rate deal they come up with .It allways seemed there was something less than what was provided for in the Master.My main concern is that you get all the benifits that everyone else gets and nothing less. dont let them trick you into giving you a dollar more one place and taking 5 dollars some place else on some little technacality that they sneak in with their interpatation of the language in a diffrent contract.I think there is strength in all being the same and going forward as one body.When your right arm dosent know what your left arm is doing it makes it kinda tuff.

Well I must agree with your statement ,but we are hearing this agreement will be better, I hope it is, and we shall see.

reply to contract

Well best of luck and be assured that you all will be welcomed with open arms.
Best Reguards and have a Happy Easter.

Well I must agree with your statement ,but we are hearing this agreement will be better, I hope it is, and we shall see.
I was told at the Union Hall by Gorden S****** on Sept. 19-2006 we will NOT get anything that is less than the NMFA. Ken H*** backed up what he told me. I believe we will get a great contract because they know we won't vote on it, we already told them when we had the meeting at the Hall.

I was told at the Union Hall by Gorden S****** on Sept. 19-2006 we will NOT get anything that is less than the NMFA. Ken H*** backed up what he told me. I believe we will get a great contract because they know we won't vote on it, we already told them when we had the meeting at the Hall.

10-4, and we will not blame you iether....That's if you say nay....

no more average of the best 5 it is calculated by the last 5 years of service

Call Reading and get the facts first hand.
Toll free in Pa : 1-800-422-8330
Toll Free in USA: 1-800-331-0420

Everything about retirement is complicated.If you want information directly from a great Fininacial Advisor then PM me and I will give his number that way.I am not sure according to the rules of truckingboards if I am allowed to openly post that information or not. It might fall under the catagory of spam.So PM me if you are interested.

no more average of the best 5 it is calculated by the last 5 years of service
Local 776 the new rule is the best 5 years out of your last 10 years. This is one thing that i don't like what ups did to our retirement now, because everyone knows that the older in age you get theres more chance of you getting sick and missing work and missing work brings down your average so that is going to have an impact on your pension payment.