ABF | Pension

Would you vote to opt out of CSPF

• stay in my current plan!

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • open for change!

Votes: 40 67.8%

• Total voters
Don't call another ABF Teamster in this forum a name. You are a guest on this forum he has not gone to the yrc forum disrupting it by calling you names.I see wolf gave you a like for being off topic but yet he posted letting Docker know he was in his opinion off topic. You two will not badger any ABF Teamsters on this forum. Last warning. I will now tell you to stay on topic. YOUR FAVORITE MODERATOR ALWAYS!

Then as moderator, I respectfully request that you reread his post. Rules should be enforced evenly AND equally without regard to employer.

You can believe that the company is reading all of this so lets be careful to not spill our guts to our negotiating opponent right now. I will say a few things and try not to spill my guts.

There was a time when overtime actually cost the company more money than straight time. Those days are over and once our benefits are out of the picture the company actually spends less on us per hour of OT than they do per hour of ST.

I see that an exit from most of the pension funds is out of reach for the company for now but I expect that some relief is on their wish list IE: lower payments or no increase and maybe even a deal similar to what NE is cutting with UPS.

Health care is an issue that they can bargain with. They can exit Teamster H&W funds with no consequences like the pension funds are plagued with. They will act like a donkey that doesn't want to move on this one. You can say you heard it here first and if you don't I'll remind you.

Next is, "what can you do to save us money?" They are already asking this and we all know it. From reading this board they see that some expect it to come out of hourly wage, a place that I am opposed to. The only other logical spot to find it is in work rules and they see that we expect this as well. I see them coming out with wage concessions amongst other things. I do not think wage concessions will pass vote from the men I have spoken with and I hope the IBT holds the line on wages and we don't even have to vote on it.
Don't know about other conferences, there has been very little added to the cost of H&W this contract for CS.....they took the lions share and put it into the pension. The cost is great tho, I pay a highly subsidized 500 a month

If docker makes disparaging comments about me I will defend myself. And I will do so on the thread in which those comments are made. If that gets me banned then so be it.

Don't know about other conferences, there has been very little added to the cost of H&W this contract for CS.....they took the lions share and put it into the pension. The cost is great tho, I pay a highly subsidized 500 a month

Wha wha what?????? You are paying $500 per month H&W premium co-pays? $125/wk?

Wha wha what?????? You are paying $500 per month H&W premium co-pays? $125/wk?
500 per month in Retirement premiums with added Dental and Vision.....and I'm one of the cheaper ones...........In fact trying to figure how to pay My share (copay) of Ol Ladies hospital stay as we speak. Thank God for yearly out of pocket maximums.

$500/month is a nice piece of change but at least you have it available. We don't have that here, we're on our own once we're retired. Maybe that's why they "let" our retirees work 100 hrs/month-to buy health insurance.

$500/month is a nice piece of change but at least you have it available. We don't have that here, we're on our own once we're retired. Maybe that's why they "let" our retirees work 100 hrs/month-to buy health insurance.
That is scary....what happens if you have a preexisting condition?

That is scary....what happens if you have a preexisting condition?

Haven't gotten there yet. Obamacare precludes discrimination for them. The absence of a health insurance plan keeps a lot of guys around me in the truck for a lot longer than they'd like to be there. I'm hoping for an alternative in the next couple of years. Something like that in a company plan could persuade my vote a little.

That's a big problem for a lot of people today. I have an uncle who is paying 1800.00 a month for insurance. His wife had breast cancer so he has no choice but to pay, he can't switch.

Haven't gotten there yet. Obamacare precludes discrimination for them. The absence of a health insurance plan keeps a lot of guys around me in the truck for a lot longer than they'd like to be there. I'm hoping for an alternative in the next couple of years. Something like that in a company plan could persuade my vote a little.
I know its supposed to kick in....2014 is it? O-care is so far beyond me.....Romney wants it repealed. Lots to think about come retirement. Companies would just love to take that worry off your hands too.....

That's a big problem for a lot of people today. I have an uncle who is paying 1800.00 a month for insurance. His wife had breast cancer so he has no choice but to pay, he can't switch.

I can't retire due to the changes made to our (710) pension. I'm too young also. But it's more than hospitalization coverage. Prescription coverage will eat up a big chunk of change.

Then as moderator, I respectfully request that you reread his post. Rules should be enforced evenly AND equally without regard to employer.
I have read the post. I will remind you that you are a guest on this forum. He does not go to the yrc forum and call you names and disrupt it. Besides this is not about you and Docker. It is about you calling names and the rest of the ABF Teamsters have to be bothered by it. So it ends and that is that.

Yeah wolf that is another thing I wanted to talk to my Brothers about. In 2004 CS had a big shake up and our benefits were changed. One major change was what it would cost for our health insurance when we retired. That is where the union got us. They allowed employers a break and made the rank and file pay the increase in the H&W by sky rocketing the monthly premium for the retiree's. It was nothing short of us having to pay like the non union drivers do when they are working. The only difference is we have to do it when we retire. No the hoffa hall slate has not been kind to us Teamsters. But we the ABF Teamsters have a chance to make it fair.

I can't retire due to the changes made to our (710) pension. I'm too young also. But it's more than hospitalization coverage. Prescription coverage will eat up a big chunk of change.
That is one of the changes I would like to see in this ABF contract. If we can work so many hours after we retire like some other conferences can then after so many hours a month ABF could pay our CS supplemental premium which is only a few hundred dollars a month. That is a much smaller amount than it would cost for a regular casual. But that is just one way to help ABF and the Teamsters. Then you could afford to retire and enjoy life.

500 per month in Retirement premiums with added Dental and Vision.....and I'm one of the cheaper ones...........In fact trying to figure how to pay My share (copay) of Ol Ladies hospital stay as we speak. Thank God for yearly out of pocket maximums.
If you had the chance to say work 60 hours a month and you would receive CS supplemental plan would you do it?