ABF | Pension

Would you vote to opt out of CSPF

• stay in my current plan!

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • open for change!

Votes: 40 67.8%

• Total voters
If docker makes disparaging comments about me I will defend myself. And I will do so on the thread in which those comments are made. If that gets me banned then so be it.

Just deal with the facts shall we...first...you will not defend yourself...you run away...then you run over to the YRC forum and run that big mouth of yours where you know you are safe ...because I do have the decency not to disrupt their forum with our BS...which you don't show the same courtesy here.That's because you know when it comes to standing up for yourself...you can't. You have to rely on the Mod stepping in and ending it...that won't happen if you go to the Get it off your chest thread and you know that...don't you? So...like I said before...when you reply to me...try being a man and do it on that thread...or you will be right...we will both end up getting banned!

That is one of the changes I would like to see in this ABF contract. If we can work so many hours after we retire like some other conferences can then after so many hours a month ABF could pay our CS supplemental premium which is only a few hundred dollars a month. That is a much smaller amount than it would cost for a regular casual. But that is just one way to help ABF and the Teamsters. Then you could afford to retire and enjoy life.
We could sure use something like this at our terminal. It would be awesome to have a retired guy available to do switches once in a while to take the pressure off of us but we don't have the work for a full time guy. But I could see using a couple of these to replace a full time position so it could be used against us also.

That is one of the changes I would like to see in this ABF contract. If we can work so many hours after we retire like some other conferences can then after so many hours a month ABF could pay our CS supplemental premium which is only a few hundred dollars a month. That is a much smaller amount than it would cost for a regular casual. But that is just one way to help ABF and the Teamsters. Then you could afford to retire and enjoy life.

You want to retire and then work so many hours and have the company pay your CS supplemental premium which is only a few hundred dollars a month? Ah Muler, I don't think they would be interested so but I do admire your wanting to help your company. That is not exactly the kind of help they have in mind. The want to inflict pain. We're talking big pain here

Muler, I know what you're getting at. Was going to respond to the jackass but I won't. Maybe someone else will.

If you had the chance to say work 60 hours a month and you would receive CS supplemental plan would you do it?
I assume you mean as a Driver. At this point in my life no, I never care to be in another trucking terminal. But I could foresee the need for the possibility. My conference does allow a certain amount of hours in other fields that CS may not. Don't know for sure if we and CS have the same reemployment rules

You want to retire and then work so many hours and have the company pay your CS supplemental premium which is only a few hundred dollars a month? Ah Muler, I don't think they would be interested so but I do admire your wanting to help your company. That is not exactly the kind of help they have in mind. The want to inflict pain. We're talking big pain here

Joe...how about telling us the real truth here...you won't be happy until the ABF Teamsters take concessions as big or bigger than the YRC Teamters did...will you? C'mon now Joe...the truth

Hey Docker I think you hit the nail on the head. I think he is trying to use reverse psychology on us. I think he thinks if he talks about us being forced to accept concessions, we will get so mad and say no to everything. Joe what if you are wrong, will you come back to the ABF forum and say you were wrong. Will you also say you are sorry to every ABF teamsters. Joe be very careful what you wish for, what if ABF somehow get's out of the funds. What would happen to your pension?

Joe...how about telling us the real truth here...you won't be happy until the ABF Teamsters take concessions as big or bigger than the YRC Teamters did...will you? C'mon now Joe...the truth

I tella you what. Muler is trying to devise a pain free way to get whacked. There is no pain free way. I can't even guess what the out-come is but with all the whining from management about the high cost structure situation and low stock price I would assume Judy is thinking of an infliction of pain. That's what CEO's get paid to do..inflict pain.

I tella you what. Muler is trying to devise a pain free way to get whacked. There is no pain free way. I can't even guess what the out-come is but with all the whining from management about the high cost structure situation and low stock price I would assume Judy is thinking of an infliction of pain. That's what CEO's get paid to do..inflict pain.

Did you answer my question...no!

Now...answer my question Joe...

You won't be happy until the ABF Teamsters take concessions as big or bigger than the YRC Teamters did...will you?

Did you answer my question...no!

Now...answer my question Joe...

You won't be happy until the ABF Teamsters take concessions as big or bigger than the YRC Teamters did...will you?

I tella you the truth I look forward to see how 'we the ABF teamsters' stand up against heat from the mighty female flame-thrower. Watch it now!! She won't be paying your CS supplemental premium. She'll be looking to make cheeseburgers.

I tella you the truth I look forward to see how 'we the ABF teamsters' stand up against heat from the mighty female flame-thrower. Watch it now!! She won't be paying your CS supplemental premium. She'll be looking to make cheeseburgers.

Just as I figured...afraid to answer the question truthfully and just tosses out some more BS...lol

Then you wonder why no one takes you seriously...

Just as I figured...afraid to answer the question truthfully and just tosses out some more BS...lol

Then you wonder why no one takes you seriously...
You know if he used his post to better things just once it would be a welcomed change. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Your way of thinking is what put people like hoffa and johnson in office. They can not begin to handle a contract. Remember how the turncoat tyson trumpeted how his 2008 to 2013 to 2015 NMFA was the best contract ever. yrc lasted less than a year under that total disastrous attempt of a contract. Hell he even gave more freight to the rail and then like that was not enough he gave the companies the right to use non union companies to move our freight. And you don't think we the ABF Teamsters can't find an avenue to move both Teamsters and ABF forward.At least we will try and that is more than can be said about others. I bet you never thought ABF would have been the last top rate paying NMFA company standing. BUT WE ARE! And I really believe we will negotiate a fair contract in the coming months. And I bet the turncoat will be really careful on trying to screw us this time around. That is not to say he won't try but he will be more cautious this time around. YOUR MOVING AHEAD BROTHER ALWAYS!

Hell he even gave more freight to the rail and then like that was not enough he gave the companies the right to use non union companies to move our freight.
He would allow the use of non union companies to move your freight only in the event of a YRC shut-down assuming all ABF people were working so you wouldn't get swamped and lose everything including your own freight. Didn't anyone share this with you people? or did you not understand?

And you don't think we the ABF Teamsters can't find an avenue to move both Teamsters and ABF forward.At least we will try and that is more than can be said about others. I bet you never thought ABF would have been the last top rate paying NMFA company standing. BUT WE ARE! And I really believe we will negotiate a fair contract in the coming months. And I bet the turncoat will be really careful on trying to screw us this time around. That is not to say he won't try but he will be more cautious this time around. YOUR MOVING AHEAD BROTHER ALWAYS!

No, there is no other avenue..You either walk away a fool or a hero. ABF is thee only company I know of who has not yet agreed to concessions

He would allow the use of non union companies to move your freight only in the event of a YRC shut-down assuming all ABF people were working so you wouldn't get swamped and lose everything including your own freight. Didn't anyone share this with you people? or did you not understand?

No, there is no other avenue..You either walk away a fool or a hero. ABF is thee only company I know of who has not yet agreed to concessions

Again joe you know not what you are talking about.

Article 29, Section 6

1. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, the
Employer shall be permitted to utilize companies for over-the-road
purchased transportation substitute service. The parties shall designate
at least one (1) Preferred Company for over-the-road purchased
transportation substitute service under this Section. Until
December 31, 2009, the maximum amount of over-the-road purchased
transportation shall be limited to 4% of the Employer’s total
miles as reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the BTS Annual
Report during any calendar year. During Calendar Year 2010, the
maximum amount of over-the-road purchased transportation shall
be increased from 4% to 6.5% of the Employer’s total miles as
reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the BTS Annual Report
during any calendar year. During Calendar Year 2011, the maximum
amount of over-the-road purchased transportation shall be
increased from 6.5% to 7% of the Employer’s total miles as reported
on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the BTS Annual Report during
any calendar year. During Calendar Year 2012, the maximum
amount of over-the-road purchased transportation shall be increased
from 7% to 9% of the Employer’s total miles as reported on line 301
of Schedule 300 of the BTS Annual Report during any calendar
year. In the event the parties fail to designate at least one (1)
Preferred Company for over-the-road purchased transportation substitute
service, the maximum amount of rail miles provided for in
Section 3(b)(4) of the Article shall be returned to 26% for the
remainder of this Agreement. It is agreed that any Preferred
Company utilized under this Section shall be permitted to drop and
pick-up trailers at the Employer’s terminal locations, but shall be
Article 29, Section 5
required to do so in areas of the terminal specifically designated for
such exchange.
As you can see WE WERE WATCHING BUT YOU WEREN'T BECAUSE YOU VOTED ON THE CONTRACT!
YOUR WATCHING BROTHER ALWAYS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Again joe you know not what you are talking about.

Article 29, Section 6

As you can see WE WERE WATCHING BUT YOU WEREN'T BECAUSE YOU VOTED ON THE CONTRACT!
YOUR WATCHING BROTHER ALWAYS!
I did not know that. I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come here and let me know that Tyson allowed more rail. That's terrible. He should have done what Carey did in '94 when the the big carriers wanted more rail. Shut them down. It works every time. Let's shut them down this time and let them know we ain't gonna take it anymore

I did not know that. I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come here and let me know that Tyson allowed more rail. That's terrible. He should have done what Carey did in '94 when the the big carriers wanted more rail. Shut them down. It works every time. Let's shut them down this time and let them know we ain't gonna take it anymore
Two wrongs don't make a right. Carey was wrong and the TEXASS TURNCOAT WAS WRONG AND YOU WERE WRONG! YOUR KEEPING SCORE BROTHER ALWAYS! PS Not only rail the TEXASS TURNCOAT allowed non union companies to haul yrc loads while yrc Teamsters were and are still out of work.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Carey was wrong and the TEXASS TURNCOAT WAS WRONG AND YOU WERE WRONG! YOUR KEEPING SCORE BROTHER ALWAYS! PS Not only rail the TEXASS TURNCOAT allowed non union companies to haul yrc loads while yrc Teamsters were and are still out of work.

YRC teamsters have a history of not answering the phone during layoffs. I suppose that is the reason they allowed non union companies to haul yrc loads while yrc Teamsters were and are still out of work.
You forgot to use capitals again..It's YRC

YRC teamsters have a history of not answering the phone during layoffs. I suppose that is the reason they allowed non union companies to haul yrc loads while yrc Teamsters were and are still out of work.
You forgot to use capitals again..It's YRC
joe you know better. And that again is a bad excuse. Stay on the pension issue.

Your way of thinking is what put people like hoffa and johnson in office. They can not begin to handle a contract. Remember how the turncoat tyson trumpeted how his 2008 to 2013 to 2015 NMFA was the best contract ever. yrc lasted less than a year under that total disastrous attempt of a contract. Hell he even gave more freight to the rail and then like that was not enough he gave the companies the right to use non union companies to move our freight. And you don't think we the ABF Teamsters can't find an avenue to move both Teamsters and ABF forward.At least we will try and that is more than can be said about others. I bet you never thought ABF would have been the last top rate paying NMFA company standing. BUT WE ARE! And I really believe we will negotiate a fair contract in the coming months. And I bet the turncoat will be really careful on trying to screw us this time around. That is not to say he won't try but he will be more cautious this time around. YOUR MOVING AHEAD BROTHER ALWAYS!
Muler, I was wondering what rail increase are you talking about. It has been 28% since 1998 if I remember right.