XPO | pension

linehaul

TB Lurker
Credits
I have worked for conway for 4 monthes now and was reading about the benifit package. It looks like the pension is not that great. In the example, if you worked 18 years and retired today at age 55, you would get 800 a MONTH! 800 a month wouldnt pay for gas today.

linehaul said:
I have worked for conway for 4 monthes now and was reading about the benifit package. It looks like the pension is not that great. In the example, if you worked 18 years and retired today at age 55, you would get 800 a MONTH! 800 a month wouldnt pay for gas today.
55 is young to retire, so what would it be if you put in 30 years ?
Doesn't Conway also provide a 401K that employees can participate in ? What does the company contibute to that ?
Seems there are many happy Conway people who think their retirement plan is OK, so somehow I think you are missing all the information you should be looking at.

don't even plan on that pension, build up a fat 401k, and the pension will be gravy if it's there. but yeah unless you invest real well on your own, you'll be around after 55. your a truck driver, not a CEO or pro golfer.

linehaul said:

Welcome to the boards linehaul. It's good to have you here