Yellow | Pensions

vongrimmenstein

I stand for our flag, & kneel for the fallen
Credits
This doesn't affect us, but the IL Supreme Court ruled last year 7 to 0 that the IL State Pension Fund has to pay out all the money it promised to the retirees. The fund is 84 BILLION dollars underfunded. Talk is taxes in many areas will go up 20 to 30 % just to cover the promised money. If I am a resident of IL, I am gonna call Mayflower Moving & Storage & set my sail for another state. von.

This doesn't affect us, but the IL Supreme Court ruled last year 7 to 0 that the IL State Pension Fund has to pay out all the money it promised to the retirees. The fund is 84 BILLION dollars underfunded. Talk is taxes in many areas will go up 20 to 30 % just to cover the promised money. If I am a resident of IL, I am gonna call Mayflower Moving & Storage & set my sail for another state. von.

Government doesn't produce income. It just takes from some to give to others.

Illinois 3rd most Corrupted State behind New York and California.

When a democratically elected government collects taxes and uses the money to build infrastructure that is not taking income from some and giving it to others. It is investing in America. Turn off the talk radio and look at that crumbling highway your driving on.

When a democratically elected government collects taxes and uses the money to build infrastructure that is not taking income from some and giving it to others. It is investing in America. Turn off the talk radio and look at that crumbling highway your driving on.

Maybe it's you who needs to turn off talk radio and take a few lessons in reading comprehension. "Investing" in infrastructure is not the same thing as "giving" or gifting funds which have been taken from another person(s). Investing in infrastructure has tangible benefit to those who are taxed - i.e., they get a return of some kind on the taxes they pay. On the other hand, giving someone or some group funds collected from others solely to make the first group whole doesn't give those who pay the taxes anything in return. Very big difference. Let me know when you've passed those reading comprehension courses and we'll continue the discussion.

Maybe it's you who needs to turn off talk radio and take a few lessons in reading comprehension. "Investing" in infrastructure is not the same thing as "giving" or gifting funds which have been taken from another person(s). Investing in infrastructure has tangible benefit to those who are taxed - i.e., they get a return of some kind on the taxes they pay. On the other hand, giving someone or some group funds collected from others solely to make the first group whole doesn't give those who pay the taxes anything in return. Very big difference. Let me know when you've passed those reading comprehension courses and we'll continue the discussion.
Just to argue there are benefits to fixing my pension with tax money also. Less of a drain on the system, spend money that in small way helps the economy and keep people in jobs. Taxes paid to both state and federal spreading the burden, plus it makes me happy, that's gotta be worth something Trip. You'll sound like helping me out is like throwing money in a black hole. :usa:

Just to argue there are benefits to fixing my pension with tax money also. Less of a drain on the system, spend money that in small way helps the economy and keep people in jobs. Taxes paid to both state and federal spreading the burden, plus it makes me happy, that's gotta be worth something Trip. You'll sound like helping me out is like throwing money in a black hole. :usa:

No Wolf, I'm just playing devil's advocate a little bit. I've already been cut (707 Fund) and I'd like nothing better than to have those payments restored just like everyone else affected. It's just that if one group gets bailed out that will probably open the floodgates to every group that's been hurt. Where would it end? I do agree with you on how fixing our pensions does in some small way benefit others around us. Absolutely true. But still it's no comparison to the infrastructure improvements our taxes pay for which benefit huge numbers of folks not just a particular group. Believe me I'd like a bailout just like everyone. I'm just just pointing out the possible negative consequences. Just something else to consider in the discussion.

No Wolf, I'm just playing devil's advocate a little bit. I've already been cut (707 Fund) and I'd like nothing better than to have those payments restored just like everyone else affected. It's just that if one group gets bailed out that will probably open the floodgates to every group that's been hurt. Where would it end? I do agree with you on how fixing our pensions does in some small way benefit others around us. Absolutely true. But still it's no comparison to the infrastructure improvements our taxes pay for which benefit huge numbers of folks not just a particular group. Believe me I'd like a bailout just like everyone. I'm just just pointing out the possible negative consequences. Just something else to consider in the discussion.
Just so ya know in regards to the Pension I intend to humbly take any help offered. :17142:

Was there any mention of un-restricted employment in the pension submission to the Treasurer?
I may have missed it but pretty sure no mention of it to the Treasury. No reason for the Tresury to care. Probably just a Carrot to try and get a yes vote for the cuts that would not end up being what we all thought it would be. There will be restrictions even after the cut for me......Nothing to do with Trucking ever again.