Estes | penske trucks

Penske in sc

Saw a penske truck in south carolina with a estes sticker on it im sure its in better shape than some of our trucks. It was by the shop.

I know they are starting to replace high mileage trucks. One of our scheduled drivers' got news that his will be replaced soon. He has a little over 500,000 on his.

Only half a million? We have a couple with double that. I share with a hub driver and have 520,000. It's a 8600.

The tractor I share with a linehaul driver just turned over 570000, its been thru 3 turbo's and 4 EGR systems. It's not quite 4 years old, why buy new equipment with new unproven catalyst systems? I forgot, at a little over 300000, the ECM went out and shut the tractor down doing 60 MPH in the center lane on I 75.

My truck has 525000 on it, 8600 series. blew one turbo and at least 3 egr valves. Broke down on me last Thursday am on I-95 in Fla. I think the ECM went bad. The engine just died while driving down the road. Had to get the big hook to haul me in.

EGR valves, new injectors, computer problem with the throttle position sensor that would shut the engine down with no notice, sensors in AC that keep it from working. For being a new and better truck it has had it's share of problems.

10 more pensky trucks in Jax,Miss.Must be going to

Baton Rouge terminal.

Had 8 Penske tractors delivered to our yard Thursday on their way to the new Columbus hub.The one I looked at had 182000 miles showing, couldn"t get in as they haven't been re-keyed. All had new steer tires and were in good condition. Looked under the hood and had the same power as what we have already.Makes great sense to buy these since the new pollution laws have driven the price of new trucks up over 20,000 dollars since 2007 just in the exhaust systems, not to mention the added service required for the cat converters.

What we are hearing on the west coast is that Estes bought over 250 Penske tractors and lots of used 53 vans and 50 or so IH sleepers. Lots of repainted trucks just sitting at most bigger terms on the west. We just picked up Starbucks coffee account and we are the carrier for ALL the west coast stores. Major work. We will be hiring drivers that just deliver starbucks and wont touch ltl pickups or deliveries. Also we just picked up a majority of Kohl's shipments which will be full sets to each store.

What we are hearing on the west coast is that Estes bought over 250 Penske tractors and lots of used 53 vans and 50 or so IH sleepers. Lots of repainted trucks just sitting at most bigger terms on the west. We just picked up Starbucks coffee account and we are the carrier for ALL the west coast stores. Major work. We will be hiring drivers that just deliver starbucks and wont touch ltl pickups or deliveries. Also we just picked up a majority of Kohl's shipments which will be full sets to each store.

Starbucks good luck all hand deliveries inside break down the pallet and had truck the boxes in the store.

starbucks

in the east all starbucks are being done by estes specialized o/o the co drivers do all the hd and pickups:shift: same goes for kohls ...........

I used to enjoy delivering starbucks when I ran local. It's alot easier with a lift gate. When I finished the pretty girls would let me have a free coffee of my choice. We get discounts along the Florida tunpike at starbucks by the way.